Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview was strictly behavioral. They asked about why I wanted to be an electrical engineer and then why I would be a good candidate for the job. Really nice interviewer but failed to know some technical knowledge. Second interview they asked about rectifiers as a technical question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Online video interview where you record yourself answering questions. They give you 3 attempts where you can try again for each question. All in all, was very straightforward, and getting multiple attempts to record took a lot of the stress away of letting your nerves get the better of you the first attempt.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through online, after a day I got video interview which was pre-recorded. They asked pretty easy behavior questions. I had to record my answer, and I could re-answer 1 time for each question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Lincoln, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic interview where they sit you down and go over your resume. Dress is formal but the interview is kinda informal. Just brag about yourself and you should do well because all they really want to know if you'd be a good coworker. They look more into personality rather than grades.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview was quite smooth. The interviewer started by introducing himself a bit then proceeded to ask me about myself and my interests in their company. Then at the end he asked if I had any questions for him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with them at a career fair and was offered an interview about a week later. They came to our campus and I interviewed in person. Questions were all behavioral more or less.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

First contact at university career fair. One on one interview the next week. A month later contacted for an on site interview at the headquarters. The interview was a 15 minute presentation about myself and then a few short questions about my ambitions and course work.

Interview Questions

• What courses did you enjoy? What courses did you not like as much?   Answer Question
    • Have you considered getting your Profession Engineers License?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two stages. A primary local event was held where one on one interviews were conducted - engineers experienced in the field were brought in and allowed for easier communication between the two parties. Some candidates were selected for secondary interviews via telephone for a more technical interview - the attention of the interviewers was hard to get, so don't expect any give and take. It seemed as they had better things to do and hiring was just a chore.

Interview Questions

• Does the current work our group is doing interest you?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2012.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at the university job fair. Had an interview at campus about 2 weeks later. I was called in for an onsite interview about a week or two later. Flew me out the day before, put me up in a hotel. Had to put together a presentation of myself. Interviewed/presented in front of 3 engineering managers. Had a lunch with some engineers. Met with the local HR person.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of power distribution systems.   1 Answer

Lack of interest in the job compared to another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too special. Generic questions described above   Answer Question