Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2018

2.7

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

I got contacted a week after I applied, was sent a link to a video with questions, you'd record your response and submit, you could rerecord your response once, 12 or 13 questions

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. I was expected to introduce myself and answer a few behavioral questions. It seems like they were feeling me out more as a person than trying to dig into my technical background. The interview focused a lot on whether or not I would fit in the company's culture.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview was conducted by recording questions asked through a prompt on your webcam at your own time. It was a little weird to do as I've never had an interview done that way so it was awkward.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied out-of-state through the website
    30-minute video interview with recorded answers
    60-minute phone interview with the hiring manager
    Flown out to the office for a 15-minute presentation, 60 min casual interview with the hiring manager and office VP and then lunch with younger engineers in the group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Very quick process. Got an interview a couple days after applying and got a response from HR 2 days later. Even though I did not get a position (they were filled up positions for the summer of 2018) they still offered me to keep in contact to get an offer for the summer of 2019

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a coordinator of the APM group. Second interview was in person with 3 employees at the company varying in job title. The process was simple and well thought out. Do your research before interviewing with the company as they like to see you are very interested in them.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

The first step was a recorded video interview. They sent you a link and you could complete the interview whenever convenient for you. Questions appeared on the screen and you had 1 minute to think of an answer, then record your response. You were allowed one re-do. I received a "no positions that match your interests" about 2 hours after submitting the video interview.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in February 2018.

Interview

I began in October with a video interview, where I answered some pre-recorded questions, then was contacted again in February for a phone interview. I found that the entire process was a lot less personal than most other companies I interviewed with. the video interview was very strange, and the interviewers during the phone interview were very uptight, and just stuck to the questions. It didn't feel like a conversation like most interviews, it felt more like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty working with someone in a group, and how you were able to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with them during my university's career fair, and they contacted me right after to do a phone interview. After that there was a second round of in person interviews that I did not get into.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Entire process lasted about 3-4 weeks. Started off with an invitation to do a recorded web interview (you are video recorded answering some of their questions). Typical questions, nothing challenging or technical. Just personality and background.

A week or so later I received a call to schedule an in-person interview at their global headquarters that I lived not far from. Was told to prepare a presentation and was given criteria of what the presentation should consist of.

When I arrived to present and interview with the hiring managers they did not seem to be aware that I was asked to have a presentation ready. Interview after the presentation was just a few questions about what I knew on the department and what questions I had.