Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.7

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

Two part interview first interview 5 interviewers second interview three people very nice easy going interview asked me to tell about myself and future goals the group was friendly facility was nice straight forward about needs and wants made me and offer I accepted on boarding process is intensive background drug screen employment

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, and I received an email from the recruiter within a few weeks to do a video recorded interview. It took less then an hour and had about 5 recorded questions. You have 30 seconds to review and then a minute to record your answer and one re-do. There were 5 more question with typed answers

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

After completing an online interview, I was invited to visit the local office. I gave a 15-20 minute presentation to a group of managers, and then participated in two additional interviews. The interview process was very informal and welcoming. The questions were really focused on getting to know my personality and understanding what I want to get out of my career. After the interviews, I went out for lunch with two current employees. Overall, the experience was great. The environment and culture was truly exciting, and the employees were very passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• What activities have you been involved with that have allowed you to practice leadership?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and consisted of a more "getting to know you" type of ordeal. There were multiple points of contact with the recruiter, regional managers, and corporate manager.

Slow Process Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview process is slow (took 2.5 months), but BMCD is very upfront about how long the process will take. They are looking for people to fit their Employee-Owner culture. I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. HR was amazing though, they kept me informed of where I was in the process, were up front with information that I needed to provide, and answered all of my questions in a timely manner.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The process took about 2-4 weeks. I applied and heard back pretty fast that I got an interview. The interview questions were pre-recorded and I had 30 seconds to come up with an answer and then 2minutes to answer with one re-try. All behavioral.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in November 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my university and didn't hear back until 7 weeks after. I got an email for a video interview. The video interview was pre-recorded, so one question appears, and you have to record yourself. You get 2 attempts to answer each question. If you don't like your first response, you have to submit the 2nd response. There was a total of 12 questions, the first 4 questions you have to type the response. The last 8 questions were recorded which asked about your personality and experience. I heard back from HR the day after I submitted my video interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a personal and professional goal and how you plan to achieve them? What do you look for in an employer?   Answer Question

Assistant Construction Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2017.

Interview

Online interview through interview stream. Could go at own pace. Half of the questions video response, half type in answer. All of the questions were personality based. It appeared they wanted to know about your past experiences and how those will make you a good employee.

Interview Questions

• Name, school and major, desired locations, your role in a team, why you chose your major, what you are looking for in employer.   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

They sent me a link for a video interview. The questions are pre-recorded and you answer them through a video-interview webcam stream. The questions were not that difficult. I was given 11 questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a personal and professional goal of yours and how do you see yourself reaching those goals?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Went extremely smoothly. An HR recruiter was the main point of contact in setting up the interview, greeting me on the day of the interview, and sending / negotiating offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Asked about management style, technical knowledge, how to deal with difficult people and situations   Answer Question