Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got contacted through a recruiter for this position. Recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager never called in, and I ended up having to listen to conference line hold music for 15 minutes before deciding to disconnect. This happened twice.

EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

Applied online and then received follow up with instructions to conduct an HR video interview. Only two attempts are allowed to respond to video interview questions. Submitted my responses and am waiting to here back from them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was 1 hour long. One department manager, one project manager, and one staff scientist on the phone. Good mix of generic interview questions and resume and job-skill related questions. Waiting to hear back from HR. Next stage will be an in-person interview. Very reasonable and positive interview experience.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online video interview. The questions were prerecorded and you are given two minutes to answer each question. They gave two attempts to answer each question. If you used the second attempt, the first recording was deleted.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I developed a power point presentation for many people including several on the phone. The people were very engaged and the dialogue was informative. Many different managers of varying specialties were involved.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, pre-recorded question virtual interview, phone interview with department head, then in-person interview. I was flown out to OKC to interview. The interview consisted of giving a presentation about myself, and then sitting down with the team head and office manager.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

I applied online and approximately two weeks or so I received an email with a link to an online interview. You do not converse with a recruiter, it is a link with pre-recorded questions and you have to record yourself. There are 11 questions and you only get a re-do one time.

Interview Questions

• How does your job experience relate to Burns and McDonnell?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Rolla, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Received an email after the career fair and was prompted to take an online interview where you record your answers and submit it. You are not talking to an actual person.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with them at a career fair and was offered an interview about a week later. They came to our campus and I interviewed in person. Questions were all behavioral more or less.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for a video interview two weeks later, couple days after that received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Very laid back, got an offer a week and a half later.