Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.7

Staff Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Brea, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I initially reached out to B&M after my applying and received a few phone calls including a phone call interview. They then flew me out to their Orange County office where I had an in person interview with their management team. I received an offer but the offer just wasn't right and had to turn it down. The group all seemed very cooperative and functional, and I was happy to have met such upstanding individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the projects you have worked in and how you contributed.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Joplin, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

First you have to complete an online application and then if selected to move forward you will complete a video interview. These questions are pretty straightforward and will take some preparation in order to do well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in burns and mac?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, and I received an email from the recruiter within a few weeks to do a video recorded interview. It took less then an hour and had about 5 recorded questions. You have 30 seconds to review and then a minute to record your answer and one re-do. There were 5 more question with typed answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me which was followed up with multiple conversations and in person meetings. Typical questions expected from an engineering firm. There were no situational questions and more so what were you seeking career wise.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

Two part interview first interview 5 interviewers second interview three people very nice easy going interview asked me to tell about myself and future goals the group was friendly facility was nice straight forward about needs and wants made me and offer I accepted on boarding process is intensive background drug screen employment

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a couple phone interviews with key personnel and select company executives. After the phone interview, I had a face-to-face interview with office leadership. The interview process was long but fairly easy to manage.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with an online interview which was mainly behavioral. Following that was a full phone interview with all behavioral questions asking mainly about myself and why I was interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what type of role you assume inside a group setting and give an example.   Answer Question

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

After completing an online interview, I was invited to visit the local office. I gave a 15-20 minute presentation to a group of managers, and then participated in two additional interviews. The interview process was very informal and welcoming. The questions were really focused on getting to know my personality and understanding what I want to get out of my career. After the interviews, I went out for lunch with two current employees. Overall, the experience was great. The environment and culture was truly exciting, and the employees were very passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• What activities have you been involved with that have allowed you to practice leadership?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and consisted of a more "getting to know you" type of ordeal. There were multiple points of contact with the recruiter, regional managers, and corporate manager.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the Bobs. Seemed very disorganized and disingenuous. Interviewers seemed like they were forced into the phone conversation and wanted out of it asap. I was not very impressed with the company or the staff.