Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

They wine and dine you for an overnight stay in Kansas City courted by a concierge, all expenses paid. The interviewers were alright and they took me out to lunch for a more laid back environment, but still a part of the interview process. Questions were technical ones, and I met with about 7 or 8 folks over the course of about 4-5 hours. They were not very honest and forth write, which was a huge concern of mine. My experience and attention to detail were able to catch inconsistencies, and turn the tables on them as I interviewed them. They punted and said they would have to get clarification on my questions, as they realized I caught them in a lie.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly technical questions surrounding my experience in design and past projects I worked on. Very few situational questions were asked, from what I remember.   1 Answer
    • They showed a ton of interest in my government experience, as they were looking to hire someone who could support them on their government sector of projects.   1 Answer

They were deceptive during the interview. Their offer came in at 10% less than what I currently made. They tried to sell me on the room for "growth potential" there, and their performance based incentive program where you can make "up to 25%" of your annual salary. Problem is they didn't have a straight answer on what they use to determine a base line, and if and by how much you exceed this theoretical baseline.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online... waited several weeks before getting an interview. Interview consisted of prerecorded questions where I recorded my answers online. All questions were behavioral, no technical ones. Waited a week or so for a response.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience apply to B&McD?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with them at a career fair and was offered an interview about a week later. They came to our campus and I interviewed in person. Questions were all behavioral more or less.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, pre-recorded question virtual interview, phone interview with department head, then in-person interview. I was flown out to OKC to interview. The interview consisted of giving a presentation about myself, and then sitting down with the team head and office manager.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I developed a power point presentation for many people including several on the phone. The people were very engaged and the dialogue was informative. Many different managers of varying specialties were involved.

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got contacted through a recruiter for this position. Recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager never called in, and I ended up having to listen to conference line hold music for 15 minutes before deciding to disconnect. This happened twice.

EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

Applied online and then received follow up with instructions to conduct an HR video interview. Only two attempts are allowed to respond to video interview questions. Submitted my responses and am waiting to here back from them.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online video interview. The questions were prerecorded and you are given two minutes to answer each question. They gave two attempts to answer each question. If you used the second attempt, the first recording was deleted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was 1 hour long. One department manager, one project manager, and one staff scientist on the phone. Good mix of generic interview questions and resume and job-skill related questions. Waiting to hear back from HR. Next stage will be an in-person interview. Very reasonable and positive interview experience.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. I felt they were really trying to get a feel for who I was, and how I carried myself rather then what technical trivia I could spit out in the interview.