Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. I felt they were really trying to get a feel for who I was, and how I carried myself rather then what technical trivia I could spit out in the interview.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview was quite smooth. The interviewer started by introducing himself a bit then proceeded to ask me about myself and my interests in their company. Then at the end he asked if I had any questions for him.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Brea, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online after talking to a couple of employees during a conference. I was emailed the morning after in regards to the location and divisions I was interested. The process included a video interview which has 5-7 questions that you are given two minutes to respond to each question. After completing a video interview I was called to schedule an onsite interview. The interview required a presentation and then question from three managers.

Assistant Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Lakewood, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was done through a recorded interview, which basically means they have recorded questions and you have two tries to answer through your webcam. I personally didn't like it because I felt awkward talking to an inanimate object whereas a real human interview would've allowed me to read the interviewer and respond according to what they say/do. There were about 7 questions for me but most of the questions were very awkwardly worded. I couldn't remember how though.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online... waited several weeks before getting an interview. Interview consisted of prerecorded questions where I recorded my answers online. All questions were behavioral, no technical ones. Waited a week or so for a response.

Assistant Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to them at a campus career fair. I was surprised I was invited back for an on-campus interview a few weeks later, but I feel like they mass invited back most candidates who spoke to them at the fair. Interview was mostly about my personal experiences, non-technical, and also my aspirations for my job. I thought the interview went very well and about a week later I received an email from an HR person stating she would be my point of contact moving forward. I confirmed the timeline in which I would hear back with her and then waited. I attempted to follow up after it had been over a month since I heard anything and the recruiter never returned my calls. A few months later, on a whim of just wanting to find out what happened, I finally got in contact with her and was told that there were currently no open positions in the company that aligned with my interest. I thanked her and removed my name from further consideration. It seems like they blanket interview and then if a job opens up they will consider you.

Interview Questions

• Describe three non-engineering courses that really interested you.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially interviewed and face timed with a representative from a staffing agency and got an in person interview with the project manager at the company and was hired the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a negotiation.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Lincoln, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic interview where they sit you down and go over your resume. Dress is formal but the interview is kinda informal. Just brag about yourself and you should do well because all they really want to know if you'd be a good coworker. They look more into personality rather than grades.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Online video interview where you record yourself answering questions. They give you 3 attempts where you can try again for each question. All in all, was very straightforward, and getting multiple attempts to record took a lot of the stress away of letting your nerves get the better of you the first attempt.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Lubbock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was over webcam online. The questions were prerecorded. I never spoke to anyone directly.
    Had multiple chances (3) to record your answer to each question. You get a maximum of 2 min to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success?
      Describe your previous experience and how it applies to Burns McDonnell.
      How did you decide what companies to apply for.   Answer Question

See What Burns & McDonnell Employees Are Saying

Engineer

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Engineer in Kansas City, MO

Pros: “I've been working here a long time and have done a lot of networking with peers who work for other engineering companies. I strongly feel that, compared to my peers (some of whom have...”“I've been working here a long time and have done a lot of networking with peers who work for other engineering companies. I strongly feel that, compared to my peers (some of whom have had fairly bumpy rides with other firms especially firms merging and consolidating), I am way ahead and feel much more secure with my job than my external peers. No doubt about it, the consulting business can be demanding, but it really does not matter what firm you work for in that respect, it is demanding no matter who you work for, even if you work for yourself. And don't think that our clients have it any easier (a lot of them are under their own internal pressures to get projects executed). For those of you coming out of school, frankly I felt that the work environment was not as demanding a school. I have more free time with my career than I had in school and especially felt I was working on "real" problems instead of thumbing through textbooks.” – Full Review