BuroHappold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BuroHappold Interview Questions

Interviews at BuroHappold

2.7

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuroHappold in September 2018.

Interview

Representatives came to my college campus and spoke about the BuroHappold office in the nearby city. Overall, they were very friendly and portrayed the great company culture. As always, you have to apply online. I was selected for the pre-recorded (pre-screening) interview through an online software.

Interview Questions

• They gave you approximately 5 logic questions (like what is the sum of all the numbers 1-100) and then proceeded to ask 5 typical Behavioral questions that tie into BuroHappold's goals   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Received an invitation for video interview back in January. The interview was straight forward and it contained basic behavioural questions. Did not receive any feedback until now. Pathetic experience.

Interview Questions

• Project based Behavioural questions   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BuroHappold in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website and sent an email to the NY HR office. After a phone interview with HR in NY, I had a phone interview with the LA office. They mostly wanted clarification about activities on my resume and what coursework I've taken. I also spoke with a guest lecturer on campus from the NY office, and he connected me to contacts in LA who could answer questions I had about the position. Every employee I interacted with was friendly and very helpful. I did not have a single bad experience.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

-Phone screening, recruiter was helpful and friendly.
    -In person interview with associates, I was asked to give a short presentation. The associates were nice, and it was a pleasant and fair interview. Actually made me more excited about the job.
    -Video interview with the team leader, HR told me it was going to be a quick chat, turned out to be 30 minutes and very condescending. I was so thrown off by it. He started the interview asking if I was proud of my 3.8 GPA and if it could've been better... He also asked how I thought the previous interview went, and when I answered "I think it went really well." he responded "you think? or you know?" it was really bizarre. I turned down the job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuroHappold.

Interview

received several phone screens and asked for previous projects
    on-site interview to NYC office, 2 hours maybe, not long. asked for previous projects and some brainstorming in the field that you applied.
    focus on previous experience and projects

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was to apply online and submit a resume through their website. After that I had email correspondence with HR and set up a phone call with them. After that I had an in-person interview in their office.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the project you've worked on in school?   Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuroHappold (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Very positive and friendly interviewers, included an online questionnaire, a phone interview with a recruiter and an site brief interview with three team members that lasted for approximately 2 hours.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

3 interviews still awaiting for the 4th.
    1. Casual
    2. Formal interview with Dubai HR
    3. Personal interview with local HR and team leader
    4. No word/ job offer
    No salary negotiations

---

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuroHappold in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for a Friday morning at 11am. One hour before the interview was scheduled to happen the Regional HR Consultant sent an email cancelling the interview because of an emergency. Thankfully I check my emails frequently, but a phone call would have been more professional since it was so last minute. Rescheduled the interview and then on the day of the interview, no typical HR interview questions was asked which I found to be odd. Fast forward a couple days later received an email that I was not chosen for the position which was okay but then emailed the Regional HR Consultant to get feedback from her so that I could take it into consideration and use towards other interviews I may have and she NEVER got back to me. Found her to be very unprofessional and a tad rude. Surely would never be interested in working for this company in the future.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had (2) over the phone interviews, an in-person interview and a follow-up lunch discussion with the senior electrical and mechanical team members. I received the impression that there would be almost no project management opportunities for electrical engineers (all given to mechanical). The employees have no understanding of the overall financial health of the firm, and couldn't understand why someone would want to know that. A very progressive firm in design, but every indication that only a few employees are given opportunities. Offer was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Previous electrical design and project management experience?   Answer Question