BuroHappold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

3 interviews still awaiting for the 4th.
    1. Casual
    2. Formal interview with Dubai HR
    3. Personal interview with local HR and team leader
    4. No word/ job offer
    No salary negotiations

---

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BuroHappold in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website and sent an email to the NY HR office. After a phone interview with HR in NY, I had a phone interview with the LA office. They mostly wanted clarification about activities on my resume and what coursework I've taken. I also spoke with a guest lecturer on campus from the NY office, and he connected me to contacts in LA who could answer questions I had about the position. Every employee I interacted with was friendly and very helpful. I did not have a single bad experience.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was to apply online and submit a resume through their website. After that I had email correspondence with HR and set up a phone call with them. After that I had an in-person interview in their office.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the project you've worked on in school?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had (2) over the phone interviews, an in-person interview and a follow-up lunch discussion with the senior electrical and mechanical team members. I received the impression that there would be almost no project management opportunities for electrical engineers (all given to mechanical). The employees have no understanding of the overall financial health of the firm, and couldn't understand why someone would want to know that. A very progressive firm in design, but every indication that only a few employees are given opportunities. Offer was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Previous electrical design and project management experience?   Answer Question

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Disorganized, inexperienced and extended response time from New York HR. The recruiting is conducted directly from their headquarters in Europe and not in touch with American Business Practices or Employment and Labor Law. The firm prefers to fill their senior management vacancies with foreigners versus American Nationals.

Interview Questions

• Define your employment background?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not an option.

Plumbing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Took about a week to schedule interview about sent in app, then about an hour long interview with Principal of Boston office, followed by a quick tour around office. Took about two months to hear back that I didn't get the job, after HR called all 7 of my references. Didn't really seem like a happy place to be honest, and really close quarters. It was a shared floor with other companies, and nobody seemed terribly friendly.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in AutoCAD, Revit, etc.? Why do you want to work here? Why did you leave your old job?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BuroHappold (Newark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, which I thought went well but I never heard from them. I was very enthusiastic about working there so I emailed the recruiter but got no response.

Interview Questions

• Semi-technical questions, they wanted to thoroughly understand my previous projects.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuroHappold in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for a Friday morning at 11am. One hour before the interview was scheduled to happen the Regional HR Consultant sent an email cancelling the interview because of an emergency. Thankfully I check my emails frequently, but a phone call would have been more professional since it was so last minute. Rescheduled the interview and then on the day of the interview, no typical HR interview questions was asked which I found to be odd. Fast forward a couple days later received an email that I was not chosen for the position which was okay but then emailed the Regional HR Consultant to get feedback from her so that I could take it into consideration and use towards other interviews I may have and she NEVER got back to me. Found her to be very unprofessional and a tad rude. Surely would never be interested in working for this company in the future.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuroHappold.

Interview

received several phone screens and asked for previous projects
    on-site interview to NYC office, 2 hours maybe, not long. asked for previous projects and some brainstorming in the field that you applied.
    focus on previous experience and projects

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BuroHappold in March 2013.

Interview

I spoke with a representative in a different office about getting the chance to interview either over the phone or video conference. After emailing back and forth for a month I was told a representative would be coming to my university to interview candidates for a different position but I would have the chance to speak with them at that point. The process was pretty informal and required persistent checking in but once I had the chance to sit down and talk about the company it was casual and friendly. Occasionally the interviewer was a little too informal though.

Interview Questions

• Do you get stressed while working? We have a lot of deadlines and often we hire people that can't cut it. Do you think you'd be able to work through the deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I stated my desire to travel for work and having that chance would help dictate my future there. The salary was non-negotiable but I had to speak with human resources to discuss benefits.