Burson-Marsteller Account Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Account Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in December 2012.

Interview

I met with 4 people on an initial interview, then I had a few phone interviews, then I came back for another round of interviews with two different teams.

Negotiation

I actually had a better offer than I had anticipated. I had more vacation time offered than I expected, and the salary was right in my ball park. I asked for more, but I was already at the high end of the salary band.

Other Interview Reviews for Burson-Marsteller

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very straight-forward application via LinkedIn, invited in for a relatively informal interview by the head of department after they assessed my application and CV. The main interviewer was great, prompt and easy to engage with, asked good questions and really delved into my CV. He really put my through my paces. The other interviewer was 10 minutes late to my 30 minute interview and sat on his phone (barely hidden under the table) for the majority of the time I was interviewing. He barely seemed to be listening and didn't ask any pressing questions. It gave me a really bad impression of the company, if one of the directors can't give a relatively senior job applicant half an hour of their time. If it had been a client emergency, I would have had no problem with him making an exit, rather than wasting my time. It took over a week for them to come back to me, despite a follow up email from myself. I got the impression they had brought me in for an interview to contrast with another applicant they'd already met and liked, since my background didn't fit with exactly what it became clear they wanted when I received their feedback. Nothing more than a good practice interview for a company I'm now sure I don't want to work for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my choice of dissertation topic. I appreciated the question, as it showed my CV had actually been read through.   Answer Question