Burson-Marsteller Client Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Client Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire interview process took about two weeks from the contacted date to the moment I received an offer. I had about four interviews in one day with junior and mid-level staffers. Then I had to take a writing test within a 2hrs and 30mins window. Lastly, I had an interview with a senior staffer. After the last interview, my application got sent to a review board for approval.

The interview process was smooth, and everyone was extremely friendly and to the point. The HR manager was also very helpful and transparent about the process and communications.

Burson-Marsteller clear interview process and communications made my interview experience very pleasant and played a role in my decision to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burson-Marsteller

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Miami, FL).

Interview

Interview process varies by how desperate they are to find someone and who you know. When I first got hired I had to take an extensive writing test and had several interviews. I know of other people that did not take this test. Questions and difficulty vary depending on the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have deploying public relation initiatives?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews often require meeting with many individuals to cover future client colleagues, practice colleagues, HR and leadership. Can be a lengthy process. The specific leader that I interviewed with preferred to meet with all candidates before asking his subordinates to meet with him, which was an interesting approach. Process can be drawn out initially, but after you meet with a few individuals, they can generally process you quickly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing abnormal - previous experience, ability to work for specific clients   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I think my interview process was a little atypical. I had only phone interviews before an offer was received. The process was a little frustrating because I felt like they were giving me a ton of phone interviews with employees at all different levels, but were not asking me for an in-person interview. Even though I was interviewing for a position in another state, I still thought they would have preferred to meet me in person before hiring. I would say just be prepared with your own questions. And do not try to BS them. Have solid examples of what you have worked on in the past, as well as what you're looking for with your next career move.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the least about PR? What do you like the most? What has been your favorite project? Are you a good writer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have a salary in mind and don't be afraid to push back a little. They will try to get you for as low as they can, and get you to agree over the phone. Slow the pace and consider what they're saying to you, no matter how badly you'd like the job. Don't be so eager to just say yes immediately.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview is quite simple. Basically it starts with HR phone interview ->Face to Face interview with team leader/ director ->paper assessment. Then, if you succeed, the HR would contact you for salary negotiation.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through the Graduate Scheme and the first interview was an assessment day with a number of other recent graduates. The day involved a number of tasks including a group presentation, writing test (press release) and a competency based interview with two senior directors. I was invited back for a final stage interview with two Managing Directors and was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• The first stage involved more competency based questions and was asked to provide examples of teamwork along with my biggest achievements and challenges to date. I was also asked what I had seen in the news in the last week. The final stage was similar to the first round but with the Managing Directors from two different practices   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I sent my CV in on the recommendation of an acquaintance. HR was prompt to reply and I had an interview within a week.

First interview was with two Associates who played 'good cop bad cop'. This was followed by a 45 task where I had to summarise a Commons' debate. I left the interview very unsure of how I rated.

I was called up again for a second interview with more senior staff. I felt more positively that I had done well.

Interview Questions

• My CV is internationally focused, and one of the interviewers asked why I was switching to a more Westminster focused job and why I wanted a career change.

In the second interview, I was asked about my country's domestic politics (I'm foreign), which I had not been following.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Without negotiating I was offered the Senior Client Executive title and was given a car allowance.

Client Executive Interview

Interview

It was a painless process. I was contacted by HR and went through a screening interview with them. From there, I was invited in for one group interview which was very casual. A week later I had my offer letter.