Burson-Marsteller Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in March 2017.

Interview

Completed the extensive application and received an email requesting an interview. Candidates are given a limited timeframe to complete the first round interview. My interviewer seemed uninterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burson-Marsteller

Intern Interview

Interview

Three short essays and two phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging communications scenario you've had to deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Filled out online application complete with essays and transcript. Received an email a week later for a phone interview. Questions were typical, "define a time you were in a difficult situation with a group," to "describe your organizational skills," etc.

Intern Interview

Interview

Just had an initial phone interview with HR. I would recommend researching the company to get a feel of what they're looking for. The interview went smoothly and the interviewer was very nice. Questions are rather typical for an interview, not much out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used creativity to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 interviews; first round behavioral and second round with specific practice area to gauge interest in the work that area does

There were two interviews. The first was a basic behavioral one done through HR and went pretty quickly/easily (but I prepared). The finalist round of interviews has you interviewing with one or more people from the specific practice area that they have assigned you to. I have also heard of there being third round interviews in special/selective cases.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview asks about your top three locations and top three practice areas   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting all the application materials, I received an email to set up a phone interview with one of the HR managers in New York. The interview was fairly standard and lasted for about 20-30 minutes. The HR manager asked questions to determine my top internship location as well as my preferred practice area. After a week or so, I received notice that I had moved into the second round and would have a second phone interview with the person who would be my manager in my practice area. This interview was about the same length and involved more in-depth details on the day-to-day work of an intern in that particular practice area.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The first step is to apply online through writing both a press release, essay, and cover letter. Then you are contacted by HR who does a preliminary interview. Then you meeting with the practice group of whatever practice you are applying for. It is quite a long process (spanning a few months) but it is well organized.

Interview Questions

• What company do you think most effectively integrates digital/social media into their communications in an authentic and engaging way? What are the lessons others could draw from their success?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I applied online and was called later that day by an HR representative for a screening with very basic questions and they wanted me to walk through my resume. I was invited to come in and speak with two team members back to back (both have since left the company) and was given an offer the day after I came in via email. I started two weeks later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I am being contacted by a HR recruiter for an initial phone interview, followed by a writing test, followed by an interview with the AE who eventually hired me and developed a good relationship with me in the company. I interned there for 6 months

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little something about your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I applied for the summer internship program online and then got contacted for a writing test and first round phone interview. The phone interview followed the standard summer internship interview process, asking general HR questions.