Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire interview process took about two weeks from the contacted date to the moment I received an offer. I had about four interviews in one day with junior and mid-level staffers. Then I had to take a writing test within a 2hrs and 30mins window. Lastly, I had an interview with a senior staffer. After the last interview, my application got sent to a review board for approval.

The interview process was smooth, and everyone was extremely friendly and to the point. The HR manager was also very helpful and transparent about the process and communications.

Burson-Marsteller clear interview process and communications made my interview experience very pleasant and played a role in my decision to accept their offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by someone in HR. We talked on the phone and the interview went so well that she said she thought I was the perfect fit for the role and really wanted me to come in and meet the team for round 2. She said she'd like to talk to the "team" and get back to me within the week. I was extremely excited, but a week and a half passed by and I didn't hear back from her. I followed up with an email and she quickly let me know that their needs had shifted and wished me the best of luck. Super shady and wishy washy.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Slow and time consuming. Met with too many people that didn't apply to the role. And when questions were asked about the company, some people couldn't answer. Felt as though it was an unnecessary process and waste of time, but I needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting all the application materials, I received an email to set up a phone interview with one of the HR managers in New York. The interview was fairly standard and lasted for about 20-30 minutes. The HR manager asked questions to determine my top internship location as well as my preferred practice area. After a week or so, I received notice that I had moved into the second round and would have a second phone interview with the person who would be my manager in my practice area. This interview was about the same length and involved more in-depth details on the day-to-day work of an intern in that particular practice area.

HBSIProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a 30min phone interview with an HR rep. She sounded quite robotic and did not respond to my answers in any other way than "wonderful" or "thank you". She asked me what practice and location I was most interested in. Received rejection email around a week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 interviews; first round behavioral and second round with specific practice area to gauge interest in the work that area does

There were two interviews. The first was a basic behavioral one done through HR and went pretty quickly/easily (but I prepared). The finalist round of interviews has you interviewing with one or more people from the specific practice area that they have assigned you to. I have also heard of there being third round interviews in special/selective cases.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview asks about your top three locations and top three practice areas   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was largely a series of meetings in restaurants, and one meeting in the office. Normally interviews are conducted in the office unless the interviewee is known to the interviewer, or if it is specifically requested. While the process was very protracted over a period of time, they remained engaged through a series of touch points. Recognizing the delayed nature of the meetings, and the nuances of my then current job, they were flexible and understanding around timing of me leaving and joining.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Very Good Process. Two people interview me MD and the Director. Asked me related to my resume and my education background.Very Good Process. Two people interview me MD and the Director. Asked me related to my resume and my education background.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tense situations at work place   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

A phone screen with HR, one in person meeting with practice leader and four phone interviews. The phone interviews were substantive. They were a result of the key practitioners not being available in person in a timely fashion.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

My only complaint with this experience was that it dragged out over a long period of time. I was first contacted by a recruiter from the agency in the late spring and didn't get invited for an interview until October. But everyone there was prompt with responding to my emails and phone calls. And even though I did not get the job, the hiring manager and recruiter provided detailed feedback and advice. I can count the number of times this has happened on one hand, and I wish more companies did this with people who interviewed with them. I have a lot of respect for the people at Burson-Marsteller because of this.

Interview Questions

• How would your background translate into the agency environment?   Answer Question