Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.7

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out for a relevant position in the corporate/financial practice and after an initial screening call where we agreed to move forward, didn't hear back for several weeks...was later told that someone else had been chosen for the position after I took the lead on following up. Just days after that, the recruiter reached out again because the other candidate had fallen through.

I had several brief phone calls with the account team members I would work with and the account lead, as well as one in-person interview with another SA that lasted no more than 10 minutes. After the interviews, I took a timed (1 hr 15 mins) skills test that consisted of a brief launch plan for a consumer product, a press release and a client memo. The skills test was simple enough, but seemed completely irrelevant to the position.

The recruiter informed me that the firm was moving forward with an offer it would take 1-2 weeks to get a written offer approved. However, it took 4 weeks to get a written offer because the global CFO was in meetings, and apparently, the global CFO deals with this kind of minutiae on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave [competitor firm] for Burson-Marsteller?   1 Answer

The interview process left something to be desired. No one could really articulate why I should be interested in the firm over my current agency, which is much larger and, arguably, better in many respects. The month I waited between getting a verbal offer and the actual written offer made me question their efficiency as a public company, and gave me time to do some more digging on the company. A number of high profile departures had been reported, many going so far as to mention they "hated working for a public company in an earnings-focused environment," its own parent company publicly commenting on how disappointing the firm's performance had been while all the other independent firms continue to grow tremendously. I got the impression Burson-Marsteller is a sinking ship, and no was able to convince me otherwise. When I declined the offer, the recruiter did not ask for any feedback on what prompted my decision, so I anticipate they will always struggle to recruit from their superior competitors.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process dragged on quite a bit. First round was very touch -- mostly broad open ended questions. Second and third rounds were much more conversational, talking through my resume. Included one video conference interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I was approache by the recruiting manager in San Francisco. He was extremely likable, professional and honest. It was a balanced interview- simple to tough questions. Later, I was interviewed by PR manager. He was professional with straight forward questions. My next interview was was with a Managing Direct. She seemed confused about her objective. I got a sense she was not sure what to ask. Overall, I had a good experience. It was a good job so it was a bummer that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with global coordinations? If so, to what capacity? Could you give me a recent experience where one agency from another country did not colloborate with you? What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question