Burson-Marsteller Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Had a phone interview with recruiter, then called in for first round of meetings with different levels, then a second round, followed by a writing test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burson-Marsteller

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out for a relevant position in the corporate/financial practice and after an initial screening call where we agreed to move forward, didn't hear back for several weeks...was later told that someone else had been chosen for the position after I took the lead on following up. Just days after that, the recruiter reached out again because the other candidate had fallen through.

I had several brief phone calls with the account team members I would work with and the account lead, as well as one in-person interview with another SA that lasted no more than 10 minutes. After the interviews, I took a timed (1 hr 15 mins) skills test that consisted of a brief launch plan for a consumer product, a press release and a client memo. The skills test was simple enough, but seemed completely irrelevant to the position.

The recruiter informed me that the firm was moving forward with an offer it would take 1-2 weeks to get a written offer approved. However, it took 4 weeks to get a written offer because the global CFO was in meetings, and apparently, the global CFO deals with this kind of minutiae on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave [competitor firm] for Burson-Marsteller?   1 Answer

The interview process left something to be desired. No one could really articulate why I should be interested in the firm over my current agency, which is much larger and, arguably, better in many respects. The month I waited between getting a verbal offer and the actual written offer made me question their efficiency as a public company, and gave me time to do some more digging on the company. A number of high profile departures had been reported, many going so far as to mention they "hated working for a public company in an earnings-focused environment," its own parent company publicly commenting on how disappointing the firm's performance had been while all the other independent firms continue to grow tremendously. I got the impression Burson-Marsteller is a sinking ship, and no was able to convince me otherwise. When I declined the offer, the recruiter did not ask for any feedback on what prompted my decision, so I anticipate they will always struggle to recruit from their superior competitors.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Great hiring process, vet you carefully and make offers as needed (for new clients, etc.); must justify your salary

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions if you're qualified to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation

No comment for this section

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Contacted by HR to come in for an in-person interview with three senior colleagues. Was also given a written test of press release writing. Given an offer some time thereafter. They move quick if they like you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - just be upfront with what you want and if it's reasonable you'll get it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Very Good Process. Two people interview me MD and the Director. Asked me related to my resume and my education background.Very Good Process. Two people interview me MD and the Director. Asked me related to my resume and my education background.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tense situations at work place   1 Answer