Burtch Works Recruiting Associate/Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Recruiting Associate/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burtch Works (Evanston, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application via LinkedIn and received an email that they would like to schedule a phone interview. It was relatively easy to schedule a phone interview and find an available time slot. The phone interview asked the standard questions that were to be expected. I was asked to come for an onsite interview. I drove to Evanston, IL (a few hours away) and participated in an onsite interview with the same person I had done the phone interview with, another recruiter, and the managing director. The first two went well, I was asked similar questions by both.

My experience with the managing director was unpleasant. I was given the distinct impression that she did not like me right off the bat--for no concrete reason. She asked unnecessary questions about my personal life. I am assuming she wanted to gauge my personality, but was asking ineffective questions. She seemed hurried and too busy to be bothered with the interview. She was direct and told me I was tentative, and while I can appreciate constructive criticism, it was in the way that she said it that was rude. She ended an otherwise pleasant interview on with negative feelings. I thought it was very pretentious of her to tell me at the end of the interview that I should feel free to contact her and she would be happy to put me in contact with people that she knew at staffing agencies. She even went so far as to say that she found one of her Recruiter's through a staffing agency, one of the same recruiters who had interviewed me, who I had in fact asked about her career path and it did not include ever using a staffing agency.

I can understand that not every interview leads to a job offer and understand that, but this was one of those experience that 'stick with you.' I am sure I will remember this throughout my professional career and have considered it a lesson learned in that I hope to not to ever treat people in such a way.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you do not get this job?   Answer Question
  • Sometimes in this position you will have to be very persistent, do you think you would be able to do that?   Answer Question