Business.com (Dex One) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business.com (Dex One) Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Business.com (Dex One)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Business.com (Dex One).

Interview

Great interview process! Very relaxed and casual, but wear a suit any way. There are truly talented engineers, but there is definitely a bubble affecting employees who've been there a long time. There is even definitely some cargo cult behavior, but most of the interviews are conducted by genuinely thoughtful, intelligent, and enthusiastic individuals.

Interview Questions

• The best interviews are ones where good information sharing takes place. I was able to help with a few little issues -- which made them all the more likely to want to make me an offer.   Answer Question

Content Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Business.com (Dex One) (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a three hour interview by 6 people. I had the opportunity to ask about my department, the culture, and the overall tone and mood of the office. Everyone was very friendly and competent. I will say, the HR people came in about 10 - 15 later than the scheduled interview time. That definitely sent me the wrong first impression; but everyone else was so amazing I was completely impressed.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Business.com (Dex One) (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Very tough interview process. I guess that's good because if it was easy and they were just dispensing sales job offers out of a vending machine, that would be a bad sign for salesperson turnover. You have to be on your game and be prepared to cite specific examples from your past experience to support your answers. A lot of questions begin with "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Role play- sell me this object (Note: Answers here cover multiple sub competencies such as closing ability, objection handling and negotiating)   Answer Question
    • Please describe your sales approach in detail.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when getting past the gatekeeper was particularly challenging. What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question