C.H. Robinson Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview that’s asks about your salary and hours then you come in to meet with management to go over more about the job description. Sometimes you have to meet with the director.

Interview Questions

• How important is commission?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Initial survey is taken to determine fit for company. Brief phone interview is next to determine eligibility. Onsite interview with 3 person panel . Finally they did a 2nd interview on the sales floor for about an hour . Pretty easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Plano, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter at a campus engagement. After which, I was placed in contact with a national recruiter and started the hiring process. I had two short phone interviews with her and then was asked to take an online assessment test. After she received the results, I was asked if I would like to schedule a interview at which ever branch I would like to work, or one that meet my qualifications. After choosing, I attended the interview and it was great. The guys in Plano were really laid back and made me feel like I was fitted well for their office culture. After meeting with the managers, I followed a few of the employees around and got an insight into what their day was like. Then a few more questions from the mangers and just general conversation the interview was over. I was there a little less than two hours. After a few days, HR set up the background check info and full application process. I have been impressed with the whole process at CHRW thus far.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary and a few behavioral questions, but overall fairly easy.
      -Give us an example of a problem you have had working with a team and how did you correct the problem you were having?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't much room for negotiation, however the starting salary isn't too bad for an entry level position. You have to be realistic, who haven't proved yourself yet. Bonus system is a little confusing and looks like you really do not step up your bonus until your second year working there.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

did th ephone interview that was about 10 mins. Very little questions. Was flown in for the day for the in person interview. Tour of the facility and interview with recruiting. Then was sat on the sales floor for an hour. After lunch there was a second interview and then they went over the positions. 1 week later was the offer and had to take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• how are you in a team environment   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. there is nothign to advise they don't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with pleasant human resource representatives. Next was my in person interview. I sat with two employees on the huge trading-like sales floor at Chicago Central, one in carrier sales and one in customer sales. I finished my interview saying that I liked the fast-paced atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to increase my starting salary by $3000 just by asking after they presented my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter and she gave me some information on what the job entailed and acted a few questions about myself. I got through it and was offered to take the personality test (I think everyone who wants to gets to this stage). I took the test and did good and got another phone interview. I was told that I would recieve a call either way and after 2 weeks of not hearing anything I tryed to get a hold of them and couldnt. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal typical day at a job?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Conducted 1 on 1 interview at the university then was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview in Atlanta. Lasted about an hour an a half.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, after the interview you are invited in for a face to face interview. During the face to face you have a chance to go on the sales floor and shadow with a manager and see how everyday works. Afterwards you finish your one to one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn then scheduled for a phone screening than an in person interview. The interview was conducted poorly out of this office in sugar land,TX. Don’t waste your time interviewing for this company if you don’t have any experience in 3PL. They will definitely waste your time making you go through the interview process even though they have no intentions of hiring you. They conduct really quick final interviews. They have a specific perfect candidate in mind. In my case after 5-8 questions they told me I would be herring back with 24-48 hours with a decision. Yes that’s correct they interviewed me for less than 10 minutes and decided I wasn’t qualified. However every situation is different I’m just telling you my experience, from the outside looking in this company looks well organized and focused on becoming a major player in the Houston market.