C.H. Robinson Carrier Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Carrier Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of 2 people and they asked a lot of what I thought were very personal questions. No sales questions (this was for an entry level position so I have very little experience). I am changing careers (I was a teacher) so they asked me a lot about my past job experiences and "well how did that make you feel..." Questions. They showed me around the office and let me shadow somebody for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever pushed the envelope with a boss and pushed for you idea or opinion?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Formal interview in HQ in Eden Prarie. Two hiring managers were friendly but very business, fast paced oriented. Pretty standard cookie cutter interview. I tried to joke around with them and they didn't seem too interested. I was taking a pay cut to try to enter the logistics field, but they didn't wan to hear about my career, rather how I could fit into their fast paced team. Did not sound like a place i'd like to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The was a one on one interview with the recruiter. She was friendly and genuinely cared about finding the right fit for you, as well as the company. The interview lasted about an hour and it was conversational but contained a few behavioral questions. There are 3 positions that they were hiring for - sales, carrier rep, and account manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, a time where you had to handle a difficult customer and how you dealt with it, what motivates you>   Answer Question

Carrier Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

I first had to pass a phone interview where I was asked about my current job and experiences that would help me in the role of sales executive.
    At the actual interview, after a brief overview of the job, I sat down with two different sales executives for 30 minutes each. Got to watch them work and ask them any type of question related to the job. After that I sat down with another woman from H.R. and went through a normal type of interview. Finally it ended with a hypothetical scenario that was given to me where I was a sales executive pitching to a company. The two people I was pitching to were a woman from H.R. and a manager who were acting as potential buyers of the product I was selling. I was given 20 minutes to prepare for the pitch.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It started off with a tour of the office where I got to meet a lot of employees. Then 2 upper managers held a team interview with pretty standard questions. Then I was paired up with one of the employees and got a chance to see what the day-to-day job functions are. Then I was brought back in to a meeting room and asked a few more questions.

Carrier Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Initial interview was with recruiter on my college campus. The next interview was in the office with 2 managers. Lasted about 45 minutes. Pretty standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you faced adversity?"
      "Describe a time when you had to break negative news to an individual or team?"
      "What personality traits do you possess that you think will benefit you for this job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through college career fair and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview within the week. I spoke with the local hiring manager for about thirty minutes about my prior experience and a few situational questions. Had an in person interview months later which consisted of situational questions and was shown around to see what the position duties entailed.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a situation where a customer disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They were very nice and friendly But mislead me. She guaranteed that I would be called back for another interview. Something about personally handing my resume to her boss. I followed up with a nice thank you and then I never heard form them again. It left me with a bad taste about the company even though I had thought so high of them.