C.H. Robinson Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately one week. I sent in my application via LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter that explained that my background and qualifications match what they are looking for. We set up a thirty minute phone interview that asked very basic questions: What are you looking for in a career? Why C.H. Robinson? Why Sales? Then she explained the role, compensation, and what training would be like. After the 30 minute phone interview, she set me up to meet with a sales manager at the Minneapolis location. The in-person interview was scheduled for 3 hours. It consisted of shadowing a carrier representative and the process involved with the position. This provided opportunities to see if I would like the job and ask questions that may be useful in making a decision. It followed with a 40 minute interview with a sales manager and then concluded with a 15 minute discussion with the General Manager. I received an offer 30 minutes later and was given a week to make a final decision. Overall, a very easy process if you can sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• When did you face a difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Was contacted to set up a phone interview. Recruiter jumped straight into my knowledge of the position and why I would be a fit for it. Proceeded to ask a few situational questions and was promptly given an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in the workplace you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in May 2016.

Interview

Rapid fire phone interview with many questions is the first step. Very impersonal over the phone with the hiring representative. On-site interviews after that. Overall, a relatively fast process from applying to interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First submitted resume and then received email by corporate recruiter that company was interested and wanted to set up phone interview. A few days later, I had a great phone interview that was roughly 40 minutes and it asked all the questions of a normal in-office interview just over the phone. Discussed benefits and training, also negotiated starting salary. The recruiter also noted that they needed to get the positions filled ASAP and that they wanted to move quickly and get the available positions filled fast. I then set up an in-office interview for a week later. The in-office interview was with the General Branch Manager, Customer Accounts Manager, and Carrier Accounts Manager. The 3 most important decision makers of the branch each took turns asking me different questions and then when they were finished, opened it up for questions from me. After that interview, which was roughly an hour, I finished with an hour of job shadowing with a few prospective employees in the position I was interviewing for. After that, I was walked out of the office and sent on my way. Afterwards I sent a thank you letter, thanking the interviewers for their time and opportunity and it reached them within a few days after the interview. I then waited...and waited...and waited. I followed up a couple weeks later with the recruiter and hiring manager and made sure to do my due diligence without stepping on toes or coming off as desperate, and was then given feedback on my first interview and asked if I was able to come in for a 2nd in-office interview so that they could assess me one more time. I happily agreed to the 2nd interview, and a week later appeared at the same office for the 2nd time and interview and 3rd interview in total. This time it was just with one manager and this particular manager was the manager of the Carrier side in which I was recruiting for and would be my potential supervisor. I had a better interview than the first, which was also solid, and was told that they were ready to move forward with me and that I would have an answer within the end of the week for sure (by that Friday cause I interviewed on Wednesday). I, again, sent a thank you letter and patiently waited. That Friday came and I got no call or email. Then Monday came, and I still had no response. Finally, I reached out to the hiring manager (manager who solely interviewed me 2nd time) and recruiter on Tuesday and they told me they were waiting on the "green light" from the higher-ups and executives of the company. They told me they would reach out to me by Friday. That Friday would have been 9 days from my 2nd in-office interview but unfortunately I still received no communication whatsoever. Today is exactly one month since I had my 2nd in-office interview and I still have heard nothing! Absolutely nothing! I was told I would hear the final decision within a couple days after that interview and yet it's been a month and I haven't found out yes or no! And I've done my part to reach out to them, but at this point, the ball is in their court and they need to communicate with me one way or another. I've moved on and have applied at other companies, in which I have interviews already set up so I have pretty much given up on C.H. Robinson. Ultimately through this very unprofessional interview process, it proved to me that they are not a very well organized or well operated company in the first place so it is not somewhere I would even want to work at. Don't waste your time with this company, cause they definitely will waste yours even if you are a great, well qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you in life? How much of a motivator is money to you? What are your career goals? Why did you choose C.H. Robinson? What would your previous employers say about you if asked?   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in October 2014.

Interview

There are two phone interviews, one which assessed character and the second to assessed mindset, thoughts and good fit for your location. This interview is to assess are you willing to put a majority of your efforts into short lived leads that may or not help grow "your" "business" --- quotes because it's not technically yours you just run it. If you can deal with arguing to the nearest $5-$10 not negotiating, then you may have a future. Be prepared to be professional, respectful, but ruthless. It's necessary not with only your Co workers in some cases but a net work of 6,000+ employees in your same position and their allies. They will not say this, but good you know now.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with cold calling?   1 Answer
    • Ask them what the turn over rate for the employees on average in your position. If they cannot give you a ball park without hesitation because they receive it in annual and quarterly reports. . Good luck.   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in September 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my university´s career fair and gave them my resume, about a week later, they e-mailed me asking for a phone interview. This is the review of the first interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about C.H. Robinson and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be interested in working for C.H. Robinson?   Answer Question
    • What is one challenge that you have faced and accomplished? GIVE DETAILS   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process lasted a few weeks consisting of multiple phone calls before being invited to do a face-to-face interview. Overall informational interview describing the beliefs and structure within the organization as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term and long term goals as a professional?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Canton, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview that lasted 3 hours; within the interview I was given an overview of the company, sat with someone in the position, interviewed with a recruiter, then had to do a mock sales pitch about a brewery and restaurant. Overall, it was a good experience but don’t think it was for me.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions getting to know you and your background. Went to on sight interview a couple days later. The First lady was really nice and went over some facts and history of CH Robinson. After that I shadowed a carrier sales rep for 30 minutes and ask any specific questions I had towards the job. Then I went to interview with someone else from HR and it was the worst interview ever. I answered all her questions and she didn’t give any feedback or try to engage in conversation at all. It was strictly her asking the question and me answering. Definitely not a good interviewer at all. Lastly I did a sales presentation on a completely unrelated company. Didn’t really see the point of this exercise for a CARRIER SALES REP. Maybe for the sales executive role but not this one. Considering with carrier sale you’re mostly contacting truckers and just moving freight. Overall an okay experience. They make it seem like their employees are so top notch and hardworking when all I saw on the sales floor were people on the phones not doing any work.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Jackson, MS) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied on my college's career website. I heard back from a recruiter the next day, and we did a phone interview the next. I then went to an in office interview where I was able to shadow an employee and answer more questions. It lasted about 2 hours. I heard back that i received the job the next morning. The whole process took about a week.