C.H. Robinson Interview Questions in Eden Prairie, MN | Glassdoor

2.7

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for a completely different position, recruiter contacted me about a more relevant one. After a phone screening within 24 hours, I had an interview scheduled. Proceeded to second round, but no offer.

Overall, turn around time and handling by the recruiter was extremely well done and professional. They even called to follow up on why I wasn't getting the offer (other candidate had slightly more technical skill). This company obviously takes extra care to make their HR division efficient and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a project did not go the way you expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Submit your resume online first. If the hiring team likes what they see, they will schedule a phone interview. If you pass that, they will call you and set up an in-person interview with someone in the department with the opening.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Easy and didn't require any work background information, just your looks and bright attitude. The last person didn't even ask me about my skills, just the kind of video games I like to play.

Carrier Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Formal interview in HQ in Eden Prarie. Two hiring managers were friendly but very business, fast paced oriented. Pretty standard cookie cutter interview. I tried to joke around with them and they didn't seem too interested. I was taking a pay cut to try to enter the logistics field, but they didn't wan to hear about my career, rather how I could fit into their fast paced team. Did not sound like a place i'd like to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

I was able to easily locate the person who posted the position online. Sent an email and had a brief conversation the following day about the position and what I was looking for as a potential employee. Attended in person interview and second interview with the hiring manager. Information was readily provided about the exact requirements of the job, the specific type of person who would best fit the role, what to expect for compensation/benefits, etc. The process was very thorough and there was no question at the end of the process in my mind whether I would accept the position if offered.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of your current job?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Application

I applied on Dice in early September where the company name was not given until some emails with a third-party recruiter. A week later I heard back from a recruiter at the company who asked me some questions about my background and told me a bit about the company. That went well and an in-person interview was set up.

Interview

This took place in several stages. The first stage was a panel interview where I was asked more detailed questions about my background and resume. Afterwards they had me do a pair-programming exercise with someone who was not versed in programming techniques using a custom language for a popular PC game (this was actually a lot of fun and I feel I did really well on this section). Afterwards, I was asked some questions regarding the exercise, as well as some various technical questions which I was able to answer without much difficulty. For the last stage I went into another room and had a conference call with a manager who asked me some general questions about my background. I was told that I'd be getting feedback very shortly and walked out feeling I'd done as well as I possibly could.

A week went by and I heard nothing back. I contacted the company recruiter, and learned that the day I went to go interview was also her last day with the company, so she wasn't able to give me any feedback. A few days later I got an email from the third-party recruiter asking if I was still available because they wanted to interview me. I realized something was wrong, because they should've already had my information on file from the interview I'd already been on. I let the recruiter know that I was still waiting for feedback, and then a few days later I emailed her asking for a status update and was told they wouldn't be moving forward with me, and when I asked if there was more specific feedback as to why, I got dead silence.

Looking back, I get the sense they were trying to give me the Milton treatment - hoping "the problem would take care of itself". After reading reviews on here and hearing from others about the company, I've realized I've dodged a bullet, so good riddance.

Global Forwarding Import Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

I applied online. I was called the next day and we did a phone screening, and then we scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I did an in-person interview with two hiring managers in Eden Prairie. Overall the interview was not too tough.

Interview Questions

• What do you wish you would have done differently in your past jobs?   Answer Question

Principal Learning & Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Long, but valuable. I ended up meeting with 9 different people on 5 different dates. Ultimately, I didn't end up in the role I applied for, but ended up somewhere that I feel was a better fit for me. I valued that CHR took the time to invest in me and placed me in a position where I would succeed.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were situational in nature. I was asked several questions about how I worked through situations that involved a lot of ambiguity. There was also a strong focus on proving my ability to establish and build relationships.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Started off by applying online, when I got a call from a recruiter to setup a phone interview. She asked behavioral questions as well as company specific questions and background experience. Everything went well and I proceeded to an onsite. During the onsite interview, I had two panel interviews with first a team of programmers and next a team of managers. Questions were split between technical (basic OOP concepts), behavioral, and experience. Atmosphere was good, culture was open. Initial reaction to everything was pleasant. Received an offer within a week.

Big warning about this company, they pay well below the industry average for an entry level software developer. Also, they will rescind your offer if you try to negotiate! They rescinded mine when I asked for a salary adjustment based off research of comparable job salaries in the area as well as other job offers I've received at the time. When they gave me a generic scumbag corporate response of "not being a good fit" for the company, I immediately knew this company was not for me, nor any self-respecting person, I can't even imagine working for a place like this, glad I never will. So, if you like working for a fraction of what your worth, be my guest and apply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the 4 pillars of OOP?
      What is an assertion?
      Reverse a string.
      Describe a situation where you had to work with difficult people.   Answer Question

Reverse Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Set up a phone interview then went in for an in person interview with the general manager. Basically we just went over my resume and talked about the skills I acquired in previous positions. I was also asked standard interview questions. I then went on the floor and learned more about what I would be doing on a day to day basis. After that, I met with the general manager again I was able to ask questions that I had for him and then the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position over anyone else?   Answer Question

Pay and benefits weren't where I was hoping they would be.