C.H. Robinson Entry Level Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Entry Level Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Flint, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter via email, and had a phone interview with her. After that I had a in office interview. The interview was very long, I met with 5 people, one after another. They all had different personalities and had a lot to say and a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Received an email about a week after applying for the job. Scheduled a phone interview a few days after the initial contact. Passed the phone interview and an in-person interview was scheduled for a week after the phone interview. Pretty standard interview - interviewed by two people, lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What college classes did you enjoy the most? Why should we NOT hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

I first applied through linkedin and was contacted by 2 different recruiters. They were extremely unorganized in that I had already had an phone interview with the other but was contacted for the same interview from the other recruiter. After 2 weeks of speaking with the recruiters ( who were very nice overall) I got an in person interview. The interview was not much of an interview at all, I spoke with the manager then job shadowed for about an hour. It was interesting but not what I expected. The next step would of been a panel interview but I did not make it that far in the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where u had to come up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Account Manager- Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I was contacted through email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview for the Sales Executive position. She really liked me and contacted me by phone and email again about a 3 weeks later to tell me that the Sales Executive position that I had applied for was no longer available. She felt that I was a great fit for an Account Manager position at the same location I was applying to. So she passed me along to another recruiter to interview me via phone for the account manager position. After that phone Interview I was then passed on to do a panel interview with GM and Supervisor of the location I applied to. The GM told me during the interview that they would contact me by monday with their decision on whether I had gotten the position or not. After the panel interview I was literally emailed the next day with my job offer and start date. CH Robinson is really a great place to start your career! the Branch office I am working in has an open floor plan and everyone their interacts like a family. My GM and Supervisor were so open and welcoming during the interview process that I knew immediately this would be a great fit for me. All of the questions that are asked throughout the interview process are very behavioral based and then some more structured questions that are in reference to your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal that you did not achieve.   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in September 2012.

Interview

Was emailed to set up a date for a 30 minute phone interview. Phone interview took place and was relaxed. The recruiter asked a few simple questions about me, why I wanted to work for them, etc. The recruiter said that he doesn't often send out the personality test because he can usually tell when he's speaking to someone who will be a good fit. But he said he thought the conversation went really well and was going to send me the "personality test."

This test consisted of about 400 questions in total. Questions ranged from "Do you enjoy classical music" to "Who would you rather socialize with: artists and musicians or scientists and engineers." I received word that I in fact FAILED the test. I took many personality tests throughout my college career, as I was a management major, and I am unfamiliar with how some of these questions related to my personality. Unfortunately, the recruiters don't see the results. All they see is "Fit" or "Not fit." So it's not up to them whether or not they can continue with the interview process.

It's extremely frustrating that I was clearly a good fit for this job and company, and because of a wrong answer to the question of "Do you like art" cost me a shot at a pretty good job.