C.H. Robinson Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Was contacted to set up a phone interview. Recruiter jumped straight into my knowledge of the position and why I would be a fit for it. Proceeded to ask a few situational questions and was promptly given an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in the workplace you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process starts out with an online application. After that, a brief phone interview (roughly 45 minutes) is conducted. Should you make it through this round, a series of other interviews are conducted.

Transportation Sales Representative; Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long but not too stressful. they take you down to shadow employees and then interview you further. behavioral questions mainly.first started with a phone interview then asked what time next week to come in and go from there.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in September 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my university´s career fair and gave them my resume, about a week later, they e-mailed me asking for a phone interview. This is the review of the first interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about C.H. Robinson and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be interested in working for C.H. Robinson?   Answer Question
    • What is one challenge that you have faced and accomplished? GIVE DETAILS   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiting session at my university. First interview was on campus, lasted about 30min. Be prepared with notes about the company's background, roles, history, mission statement. Lots of behavioral questions about past job experience and other questions about competitiveness. Come prepared with two questions about the companies culture, two questions about the role, two questions about the company, and two questions about the interviewer. The first interview is all about if you did you're homework or not. The second interview took place at C.H Robinson's office in Chicago. From the second you walk through those doors they are testing you. Don't be on your phone while waiting in the lobby and treat the receptionist properly. You shadow an employee on the customer side and the carrier side of the business; Ask them lots of questions! After shadowing there are two more interviews with a role play exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why 3PL?
      Tell me about a time you were competitive and how can you use that at C.H Robinson   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very fluid. Will go well if you're a people person. You must be a hard worker to make it. There's also plenty of room for opportunity. It's very "Wolf on Wall Street".

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the diverse carriers in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First submitted resume and then received email by corporate recruiter that company was interested and wanted to set up phone interview. A few days later, I had a great phone interview that was roughly 40 minutes and it asked all the questions of a normal in-office interview just over the phone. Discussed benefits and training, also negotiated starting salary. The recruiter also noted that they needed to get the positions filled ASAP and that they wanted to move quickly and get the available positions filled fast. I then set up an in-office interview for a week later. The in-office interview was with the General Branch Manager, Customer Accounts Manager, and Carrier Accounts Manager. The 3 most important decision makers of the branch each took turns asking me different questions and then when they were finished, opened it up for questions from me. After that interview, which was roughly an hour, I finished with an hour of job shadowing with a few prospective employees in the position I was interviewing for. After that, I was walked out of the office and sent on my way. Afterwards I sent a thank you letter, thanking the interviewers for their time and opportunity and it reached them within a few days after the interview. I then waited...and waited...and waited. I followed up a couple weeks later with the recruiter and hiring manager and made sure to do my due diligence without stepping on toes or coming off as desperate, and was then given feedback on my first interview and asked if I was able to come in for a 2nd in-office interview so that they could assess me one more time. I happily agreed to the 2nd interview, and a week later appeared at the same office for the 2nd time and interview and 3rd interview in total. This time it was just with one manager and this particular manager was the manager of the Carrier side in which I was recruiting for and would be my potential supervisor. I had a better interview than the first, which was also solid, and was told that they were ready to move forward with me and that I would have an answer within the end of the week for sure (by that Friday cause I interviewed on Wednesday). I, again, sent a thank you letter and patiently waited. That Friday came and I got no call or email. Then Monday came, and I still had no response. Finally, I reached out to the hiring manager (manager who solely interviewed me 2nd time) and recruiter on Tuesday and they told me they were waiting on the "green light" from the higher-ups and executives of the company. They told me they would reach out to me by Friday. That Friday would have been 9 days from my 2nd in-office interview but unfortunately I still received no communication whatsoever. Today is exactly one month since I had my 2nd in-office interview and I still have heard nothing! Absolutely nothing! I was told I would hear the final decision within a couple days after that interview and yet it's been a month and I haven't found out yes or no! And I've done my part to reach out to them, but at this point, the ball is in their court and they need to communicate with me one way or another. I've moved on and have applied at other companies, in which I have interviews already set up so I have pretty much given up on C.H. Robinson. Ultimately through this very unprofessional interview process, it proved to me that they are not a very well organized or well operated company in the first place so it is not somewhere I would even want to work at. Don't waste your time with this company, cause they definitely will waste yours even if you are a great, well qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you in life? How much of a motivator is money to you? What are your career goals? Why did you choose C.H. Robinson? What would your previous employers say about you if asked?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1 phone call and two in person interviews. Basically asking you questions about prior job history. Make sure you are prepared to answer questions as to how competitive you are. How you handle stress and multi tasking. Also, you will need to tell them why you want this job. You will also be asked to come on the floor with a manager and experience what it's like to be around the business. Be attentive and ask plenty of questions

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work in this industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's careers website, had an on campus interview that lasted about a half hour and the final round took place in their Chicago office which lasted about 4 hours. The interviewers were friendly however the sales reps I job shadowed seemed more interested in talking about their fantasy football trades than their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why logistics sales? What prior experience do you have in this industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted over what was supposed to be three interviews.

The first interview consisted of a phone interview where a HR representative from their headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN. The representative and I went through my resume and she asked some behavior based questions.

The second interview took place at the office with the office administrator and the branch general manager. We talked about my experiences as according to my resume. The questions focused on how competitive I am, how strong my work ethic was, and instances of when I have had to endure hardship and how I handled stress.

The second interview had gone well and I was invited to schedule a third interview, where I would shadow other representatives for the day. However, the day before I was to attend the third interview, I received an email from the headquarters HR representative saying that they were going to proceed with another candidate. I felt like I was not given a fair shot at the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have had to endure hardship and how you responded.   Answer Question