C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

20 minute phone interview with simple questions. Some had to do with challenges you have faced in past jobs and how you fixed them. Asked about relevant experience and skills. Also asked about bilingual status due to South American customers. Also this was for a Miami position.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The level of interview difficulty is average. First, i did a phone interview and after 3 days I did face to face interview with 2 different managers. Both managers were very friendly, that helped to our conversation to go smooth and relaxed. I did the interview in the morning and in the afternoon I got a phone call from the HR and they told me I got the job. Overall I found the interview like I expect it.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Application

I applied on Dice in early September where the company name was not given until some emails with a third-party recruiter. A week later I heard back from a recruiter at the company who asked me some questions about my background and told me a bit about the company. That went well and an in-person interview was set up.

Interview

This took place in several stages. The first stage was a panel interview where I was asked more detailed questions about my background and resume. Afterwards they had me do a pair-programming exercise with someone who was not versed in programming techniques using a custom language for a popular PC game (this was actually a lot of fun and I feel I did really well on this section). Afterwards, I was asked some questions regarding the exercise, as well as some various technical questions which I was able to answer without much difficulty. For the last stage I went into another room and had a conference call with a manager who asked me some general questions about my background. I was told that I'd be getting feedback very shortly and walked out feeling I'd done as well as I possibly could.

A week went by and I heard nothing back. I contacted the company recruiter, and learned that the day I went to go interview was also her last day with the company, so she wasn't able to give me any feedback. A few days later I got an email from the third-party recruiter asking if I was still available because they wanted to interview me. I realized something was wrong, because they should've already had my information on file from the interview I'd already been on. I let the recruiter know that I was still waiting for feedback, and then a few days later I emailed her asking for a status update and was told they wouldn't be moving forward with me, and when I asked if there was more specific feedback as to why, I got dead silence.

Looking back, I get the sense they were trying to give me the Milton treatment - hoping "the problem would take care of itself". After reading reviews on here and hearing from others about the company, I've realized I've dodged a bullet, so good riddance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process is pretty fast and efficient, but the impression drops a bunch at the end. The recruiter contacted me has high energy and pretty fast feedback, I don't need to wait too long AT FIRST. Pretty typical process initial talk -> phone interview -> on site. After completing those, the recruiter required an additional talk with hiring manager, and he said that they are 99.9% sure they will give me an offer. Then, 3 weeks no response or feedback until I reach out, I guess 0.1% happens a lot often than we think.

Interview Questions

• Most of them are pretty specific to what you wrote on your resume. They checked on your understanding of a language / framework, not much algorithm question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

The interview process was pretty odd - I wasn't asked a single coding question, just endless behavioral questions from a bunch of different people. My strongest point is my technical skill so I did not walk away feeling great about my chances (and did not receive an offer).

Software Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

(This is just an initial post as of when I got my first phone call from the recruiter - hopefully I can post update within the next few weeks if this actually pushes through)

The position I originally applied for is actually already filled, however, the IT recruiting person was very kind to consider contacting me for a potential future position, which gave me a good first impression on the company's recruitment process. Despite the fact that I wasn't able to contact the recruitment in their initial email, they actually followed up and I made contact on the second follow-up. During the phone screening, the recruiter actually sounded interested and listened carefully to my responses to her questions (at least I hope she did). So far the questions she asked was more on the basic skills and knowledge of the job I was applying for. She mentioned she will get in touch in the next week or so on my application status, which I have no doubt she will actually follow up on it. Even if I didn't really end up with a follow-up interview with a possible guarantee of the position, the whole session ended in a pleasant note. I hope they keep it up.

Overall, future interviewees should do a little research (no need to be extensive) about the company, about the work at hand, and also the salary ranges for this, and display an attitude of interest with the position.

P.S. I saw the reviews about the work environment in this company - I admit I was skeptical about applying for a position, however, the HR experience was good so far. If I ever end up in this company hopefully the company has changed for the better since the last year.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job (based on your career goals)?   Answer Question
    • Questions about work background and past work experiences - why did you leave former employee.   1 Answer
    • What type of experience do you have with the position you applied for?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What is the salary range you are looking for?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from corporate recruiter, phone screen, set up your own interview time with the hiring manager. Interview with possible co-workers then meet with the hiring manager. Given a basic accounting test then an excel test

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

after applying, HR will arrange a phone screen, then an in person interview with hiring manager and other supervisors. general interview questions about background and qualifications, nothing out of the ordinary

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked all the typical "interview" questions. What are your strengths/weaknesses. How would you handle an upset client. The interviewer had a printed out list of questions that she went down and asked me each one.

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Orlando, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview was quick and easy. They asked the basic background questions and allowed me to discuss my work background. After the initial phone interview, your qualifications will be reviewed by the human resources department. If you qualify, then a one on one interview will be scheduled with the local branch affiliates.

Interview Questions

• You will need to describe how to implement bringing in new business opportunities to the company.   Answer Question