C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

Accounts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Process started with a phone interview. Phone interview was short and sweet about 15-20 mins which I appreciated and the recruiter was friendly and made the interview comfortable so I feel she really listened and got to know me. After that I went in for an office interview the next day!! I was there for a little over an hour, did a job shadow which I loved! Everyone was so nice and casual. It wasn't a stuffy-stuck up interview at all, throughout the process I felt like we were just hanging out while also getting to know my experience, really cool. Highlights- Recruiter sent me a good luck email the morning before my interview. Sat with a current employee and she answered all my questions, got to really know what I would be doing. I work here now and everything I was told in the interview process held true.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Global Forwarding Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

The first two rounds were fairly straightforward, one over the phone and one in person. The first in person interview was with two members of the operations team and the questions were fairly basic for a first interview. After the first in person, I was asked to come back for a second interview, which involved job shadowing and a meeting with two directors of the operations team. After this meeting, I was told they would be in contact with me shortly. Three weeks go by and I had multiple failed attempts to contact go through, so I reached out to the first recruiter I talked to from their headquarters. She responded to me that same day and told me that they would be pursuing other candidates, however this was in response to a different position then the one I had applied for. Overall, it was a very negative experience with an obviously mismanaged system that most likely reflects their style of business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Erlanger, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview lasted about 20mins. Then had a panel interview with 4 people interviewing me, all employees. Last interview I met with the GM of the branch and 3 other employees. Overall the interviews were easy, but they were very drawn out with their intentions and didn't give any expectations on when to hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process is pretty fast and efficient, but the impression drops a bunch at the end. The recruiter contacted me has high energy and pretty fast feedback, I don't need to wait too long AT FIRST. Pretty typical process initial talk -> phone interview -> on site. After completing those, the recruiter required an additional talk with hiring manager, and he said that they are 99.9% sure they will give me an offer. Then, 3 weeks no response or feedback until I reach out, I guess 0.1% happens a lot often than we think.

Interview Questions

• Most of them are pretty specific to what you wrote on your resume. They checked on your understanding of a language / framework, not much algorithm question.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy process, started with phone interview then two in-person interviews that were longer (about 1.5-2 hours) because they gave me the opportunity to shadow an Account Manager in the office I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take risk? Can you give an example of a time that you had to take risk?   Answer Question

Global Export Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

It was very easy to get an interview and the interview itself was easy too. However, The interviewer was from a distant state from the location I applied to and we barely discussed my relevant qualifications; they seemed more interested in my high school summer job. The interviewer sent my information to two other "open positions" in two other locations (different from where this person was calling me from and from my original application office location), and told me they would be in touch. About a week later I get an email saying that they went with other candidates who better fit the position, this is fine and I can handle a rejection letter. However it is important to note the email specifically mentioned the original application position and location and neither of the other two that were discusses and where my information actually sent. After about another week with no feedback I sent a quick follow up email. Apparently the rejection was all encompassing for all three positions and locations. Again I can rejection, but this interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional in the email. It was quick and short, but the thing that really got to me was the greeting. It said "Hey, (insert nickname for my full name here)". I have never met this person and only spoke with them for 15 minutes. The fact that they disrespected me and couldn't be bothered to write out my full and correct name and opted for such a personal alternative is mind-blowing and has left a bad taste in my mouth for this company. Also, anyone thinking of applying to any similar positions, no matter the location, they always have postings for it, which leaves high doubt that there was an actually job available to begin with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter set up an appointment for a phone interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I thought it was a good interview. Next steps were to meet with the general manager. I received an email two days after the interview indicating waiting for office to respond then one day later got a rejection email. It was disappointing that I was not moved to the next level as I have more than 5 years experience in the 3PL/global forwarding industry.

Load Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in May 2017.

Interview

May 2017. My interview was a phone screening. The extent of the questions really said a lot about the company and position. I am glad I did not get the job. It would probably be too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Have I applied to or worked for C. H. Robinson in the past?   Answer Question
    • Why am I interested in working for C. H. Robinson   Answer Question
    • Why did I pick the Load Planner position specifically over the other positions currently available?   Answer Question
    • What about the Load Planner position specifically attracted my attention?   Answer Question
    • What other positions at other companies have you applied for at this time?   Answer Question
    • What are my minimum salary requirements? He reworded this question two more times trying to get a specific numerical value.   Answer Question
    • Where do I see myself in three years?   Answer Question
    • What motivates me in my career?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through you resume.   Answer Question
    • Is there anything about yourself you would like to add?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Long, drawn out. What they have you do is talk to the manager over the phone for some time, then you get scheduled to come in. You talk for longer, about an hour, in person. This is fairly normal. You then have a choice to shadow someone to see if you like the job. After this you get told thank you and that is the interview

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a supply chain concept you use in your daily life   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Was contacted to set up a phone interview. Recruiter jumped straight into my knowledge of the position and why I would be a fit for it. Proceeded to ask a few situational questions and was promptly given an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in the workplace you had to overcome?   Answer Question