C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Customs Brokerage Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with their main headquarters. The HR rep was fun to talk to, extremely competent, and asked a string of basic questions to get a feel for what I was about and my goals for the position. Personality was an important aspect of the job, she said. You could tell she knew how to place people and was imaginative enough to bring in skills from my experiences from other sectors.

The second round was a train wreck. I was barely asked any questions and merely listened to the manager and associate vent about the changes in the company and their large workload. I was quickly asked if I could use Excel and how many words per minute I typed. I was also asked how i'd explain the internet to a 5 year old and "what makes me think I can work in this sector?" I was given a tour, it was extremely quiet with everyone silent behind their computers in their cubicles. The whole experience left me thinking if I would ever want to work for this company, in large part because I spent time preparing and couldn't discuss how my skills pertained to the job. I was very surprised by the lack of organization and attitudes in the office given that it was a logistics company where both skills are crucial to the job.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, then scheduled face to face at local location, last about 2 hours, mainly to sit with current employees and observe their job tasks. Then brought me back in to discuss the role more and how comfortable I would be working in that role.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in the next 3 years?   1 Answer

Entry Level Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a tough screening process. With the amount of potential candidates trying to reach in for the same job, it makes it difficult to look outstanding for the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in November 2016.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my campus and applied for the job online. I was then contacted to do a phone interview a week later and set up a time and date. I then waited about a week and heard back from the recruiter. It was a fairly straightforward interview with simple/standard questions like, "why do you want to work here" and so on. It was for an entry level position and I didn't have any curveball questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. Very basic predictable questions with a very nice person on the other end. The next step is to go in for an in-person interview that is partially group and partially individual.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

I got a phone interview then more than one month of face to face interviewing with the GM and sales executives. this process was about 3 sessions of interviewing.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair. Set up an interview at their office through email. Met with her and the branch sales manager for an hour interview. Role play selling exercise in the middle of the interview where I had to perform a sales pitch to the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Carrier Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through college career fair and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview within the week. I spoke with the local hiring manager for about thirty minutes about my prior experience and a few situational questions. Had an in person interview months later which consisted of situational questions and was shown around to see what the position duties entailed.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a situation where a customer disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very fun and social! The human resource team really immerses you in the culture of the company and makes you want to become a part of it. Everyone seems happy to be there and excited about working.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest skill that I could bring to the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First round interview was a phone interview and second round is in person in the location I applied for. I applied during a career fair on campus for a full time position and was contacted a week later via email to set up a phone interview. They were able to set up the interview around my schedule. The in person interview was set up via email also for two weeks after the phone interview.