C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair. Set up an interview at their office through email. Met with her and the branch sales manager for an hour interview. Role play selling exercise in the middle of the interview where I had to perform a sales pitch to the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Carrier Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through college career fair and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview within the week. I spoke with the local hiring manager for about thirty minutes about my prior experience and a few situational questions. Had an in person interview months later which consisted of situational questions and was shown around to see what the position duties entailed.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a situation where a customer disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very fun and social! The human resource team really immerses you in the culture of the company and makes you want to become a part of it. Everyone seems happy to be there and excited about working.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest skill that I could bring to the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First round interview was a phone interview and second round is in person in the location I applied for. I applied during a career fair on campus for a full time position and was contacted a week later via email to set up a phone interview. They were able to set up the interview around my schedule. The in person interview was set up via email also for two weeks after the phone interview.

Carrier Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They were very nice and friendly But mislead me. She guaranteed that I would be called back for another interview. Something about personally handing my resume to her boss. I followed up with a nice thank you and then I never heard form them again. It left me with a bad taste about the company even though I had thought so high of them.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in October 2016.

Interview

I reached out to C.H. Robinson through a career fair at my college. I was first asked to apply online and a couple weeks later received a call for a phone interview which I set up the following week. After the phone interview, I was asked to come into their office for a face-to-face interview. I interviewed with a supervisor. It was fairly basic, he spoke a lot about the company and asked few questions. They were only looking to fill one position at that particular location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

So I found out about CH Robinson through my career fair at my university. After meeting the rep, I received an over the phone interview where he told me "I really like you, and I never say that". I was then told to drive to Boston the next weekend in my own car and find a place to stay. I was not reimbursed or given any options other than to find a place to stay. Boston is about 4.5 hours from where I go to school so it is not like I could just drive there and go home the same day. As well, I was told I would receive a 3 hour interview and when I made it to the office, I was there for maybe 30 minutes before I was told it was over. The two managers seemed uninterested and I was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. Well, its 2 months later and I have heard nothing from the recruiter, HR, or the two managers who interviewed me. This is after I have emailed all of them. Frankly it's just sad how they have strung me along, but it did lead me to finding a better offer at a better company. I would recommend to stay away from CH Robinson!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

20 minute phone interview with simple questions. Some had to do with challenges you have faced in past jobs and how you fixed them. Asked about relevant experience and skills. Also asked about bilingual status due to South American customers. Also this was for a Miami position.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Details of in person interview were provided less than 24 hours prior to the interview. Upon arriving at the interview I was told the interview was at 1PM even though I picked 2PM and had the email from the recruiter stating 2PM. I was told that the recruiter was called (after I was "late") and told the interviewer that it was indeed at 1PM. In the interviewer's eyes I appeared to be 45 minutes late even though I arrived 15 minutes early. I believe a time zone mix up occurred in this case as a similar incident happened before my phone interview when I provided my availability and given a slot an hour ahead of what I requested. We proceeded with the interview and briefly went over resume then continued to talk about changes happening and what different roles would be. Mostly me listening to the interviewer talking. Was fairly confident as I was told I did very well in the interview and what the next steps would be only to get the rejection email less than 24 hours later. Hard to believe one of the top logistics companies in the country can't get the logistics of an interview straight.

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Voorhees, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen: Typical phone screen, Why here, tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you handled multiple things at once, etc. At the end of phone screen got invited in person interview the following week. It was a panel interview, met with general manager and sales person first. Pretty much just elaborated on phone interview. After that they had me sit with an operations rep to see what it was about, she asked me questions about my personality, and how you need to have a type A personality to fit in there. The third person was an account manager, asked what I thought of everything, and asked what I talked about with the op rep, (was with her for a little over an hour)

They mentioned to me that my education was great and all, but you need "Street smarts" to make it in there, when I asked them to elaborate on that, they couldn't give me an answer. So I asked, Like being able to deal with difficult people well??? and they paused and said yeah more or less. I'm not sure if they were implying that you have to be okay with ripping people off or not, who knows. It was odd to say the least. Overall the office was very unprofessional. Most of the people in there were dressed like slobs, during the interview I was told it was a laid back office culture. The interview lasted a little over 2 hours, I was told they would contact me early the next week either way, never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• 5 words to describe yourself, 5 words your boss would use   Answer Question
    • Have examples of stressful situations and how you handled them   Answer Question
    • What do you know about logistics and how we do it?   Answer Question