C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.7

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Met recruiters at a college campus job fair. Applied through my school's career website and heard back in roughly a week about setting up an on campus interview. Just completed the first round and am now waiting to hear back about the final round interview that takes place in Chicago that includes dinner, a city tour, and a day of interviews. The waiting time for this next step in the process is roughly a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a particularly difficult individual that you did not see eye to eye with. How did you resolve this conflict and maintain a positive and thriving work environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

I applied on their website, and then was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview. The interview questions definitely caught me off guard. Without any effort to establish a rapport of some kind, she asked right off the bat what other companies I applied to intern with, what kind of companies they were, the kind of positions they were, if I had heard anything back from them. Then she asked me to walk her through my resume.

What was never expressly communicated beforehand was the fact that this internship, while described as a general business experience with exposure to many areas at the company, only leads to sales positions. Needless to say I was taken off guard by the plethora of sales questions asked. "What motivates you to sell?" "Why do you love selling?" And a lot of questions about competition as well. At the end of the interview, it was my turn to ask questions. She had a hard time answering them. Overall, the interviewer seemed rushed and very impersonal (then again, it was a phone interview). And she told me I would hear back on Friday, but of course I did not receive the bad news until much later than that date.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a team member wasn't being productive, and how you responded to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Fishers, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university career website and received a response with in a week of my application. My first experience was with HR via phone from HQ in Minnesota. I was then given a response three days later and was invited to go to the branch I would be working at. I got to sit with new sales reps as they worked a normal day then had a 1-3 interview. A lot of situational questions and references to my resume. After a while they shied away from situational questions and just got to know me. This is the most open I have ever been with an interviewer. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time in which you were in a leadership position and you had to change a process to improve efficiency?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $14/hr as intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I went to a career fair and she gave me an invitation to an Open House where about 15 of us went to the Bellevue location and got a tour. They told us to apply online afterwards. I went in for two in-person interviews. They asked many behavioral questions and I had to give many examples.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the questions were similar so you have to have many examples   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Simple phone screen, followed by phone interview that lasted about an hour. Typical interview questions "Tell me about yourself" "Why should we choose you?" etc. Then in-person interviews at the branch which included shadowing two representatives, a one-on-two interview, and a "skills test" at the end. The final round was 3 1/2 hours long.

Interview Questions

• In a sales setting, give an example of how you turned a yes into a no.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Questions were very basic and to the point. Went through two phone interviews (with an amazing HR representative) for the summer internship until they began to hassle me about me summer school schedule. As a senior, about to graduate in August, I had to take one capstone class during the middle of the day which was the only time that would fit my schedule. I got denied by email for the final in person interview based on my availability by the HR representative for Texas after my third phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of compensation are you expecting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Overland Park, KS) in March 2013.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions, wanted examples for each. Some were hard because they were similarly related. 2 people followed by a shadow at 3 different stations. Pay attention because the follow-up questionnaire wants to know what you would do. They just go through a list of questions, rapid fire and want quick responses.

Interview Questions

• Trying to turn a no into a yes, weaknesses, exact dream job,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Bloomington, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to them at campus fair. Had an HR phone screening. Then went into office for final interview. Not a hard interview, employees were awesome. Got a call the next day and accepted the offer. Definitely was a good process, not to hard not to easy.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was recruited at my schools Carrer fair when I applied for an IT internship. It took around a month for the first round interview to occur. After that I had an on site second round interview a week later. I received an offer within 3 days of the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a group member wasn't doing his part and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

It was enjoyable. The office is open, music is playing, the people are friendly. The interview was casual, informative, and pleasant. They took me into their conference room, which is beautiful. The GM is very friendly and passionate about his job. I was very encouraged by his words and journey at CH Robinson.

Interview Questions

See What C.H. Robinson Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Account Coordinator in Memphis, TN

Pros: “CH Robinson was a good company (3 out of 5) overall to work for. The Memphis branch does not provide much career and personal development compared to their corporate philosophy...”“CH Robinson was a good company (3 out of 5) overall to work for. The Memphis branch does not provide much career and personal development compared to their corporate philosophy. Benefits like health and PTO were generous. Maternity leave is currently (as of 2019) 10 weeks at 100% paid and paternity leave is 2 weeks at 100% paid. It was a good place to work with a limited ceiling at the Memphis branch for advancement. The lowest tier role for the customer group is Account Coordinator with advancement potential to Account Manager > Key Account Manager. Limited supervisory positions and only two management positions currently. They have three groups in Memphis: customer group, carrier group, and LTL. I'd recommend people working for CH Robinson if you're looking for a logistics career with autonomy. If you're someone that needs on the job training and hands-on training, you might look elsewhere.” – Full Review