C.H. Robinson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

Forwarding Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on their website in early January and got a response back early February. Scheduled the phone interview but the recruiter was late. When the recruiter called, she sounded out of breath/winded and was speaking very fast (people say I speak fast so me thinking that says something). Early into the phone call I already felt I was being rushed and that they were trying to catch up on their schedule by speeding through the call. Towards the end of the call I felt I wasn't going to the next step. My thought was solidified when the recruiter quickly talked about what was next, said "have a good day", and ended the call before I had a chance to respond. Almost 24hr after the call, I got the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Walked us through your resume/experience, why do you want this position, etc. The standard general interview questions. Nothing super specific for the role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

The interview was very informal, nothing to different. Asked normal questions. The person's that interviewed me were friendly and non intimidating. One of the most relaxed interviews I've ever done.

Data Entry Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers. They asked to go over my resume in detail. Asked me what I knew about their company. They went into detail about the job and what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job? What did you like about our company?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process started well - good phone interview, great in-person interview, but communication has been terrible since the in-person interview with the hiring team constantly pushing back the date for a definitive answer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college recruiting. Had one phone interview and then an onsite interview. The phone interview was basic behavioral questions, while the in person interview I was toured around the site and even asked if I needed a parking space, before they waited another month after my interview to decide to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to overcome a difficult obstacle.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was really nice and the questions were mostly general questions. They send me an email to schedule an appointment. The only drawback that they did not send any follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? What makes decide to apply for C.H.Robinson?   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative; Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long but not too stressful. they take you down to shadow employees and then interview you further. behavioral questions mainly.first started with a phone interview then asked what time next week to come in and go from there.

Carrier Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

I first had to pass a phone interview where I was asked about my current job and experiences that would help me in the role of sales executive.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

At the actual interview, after a brief overview of the job, I sat down with two different sales executives for 30 minutes each. Got to watch them work and ask them any type of question related to the job. After that I sat down with another woman from H.R. and went through a normal type of interview. Finally it ended with a hypothetical scenario that was given to me where I was a sales executive pitching to a company. The two people I was pitching to were a woman from H.R. and a manager who were acting as potential buyers of the product I was selling. I was given 20 minutes to prepare for the pitch. The whole process took approximately 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• How will previous experiences, either school or work related, help you be an efficient sales executive?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I originally applied and interviewed for the Carrier Representative role in the charleston, sc office. The interview was a little intimidating since they had four people interview me at once, which was really excessive and then I spent an hour and half job shadowing with several different roles. The following week they called and asked me to interview for the account manager role in their greenville office, which I assumed was a good sign if they were asking me to come back. This interview was more like an intergoation with about 20 situational questions that I thought I did a really good job on. However a day later they rejected me. This company is more interested in hiring people with experience even if it doesn't even relate to the logistics industry, instead of people who are coming out of college and want to work hard and have a degree in that area. Your better off going to work for a less structured company where you can make uncapped commissions and not deal with the bureaucracy.