C.H. Robinson Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for a completely different position, recruiter contacted me about a more relevant one. After a phone screening within 24 hours, I had an interview scheduled. Proceeded to second round, but no offer.

Overall, turn around time and handling by the recruiter was extremely well done and professional. They even called to follow up on why I wasn't getting the offer (other candidate had slightly more technical skill). This company obviously takes extra care to make their HR division efficient and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a project did not go the way you expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with a recruiter from Minnesota, and I am from TN. The first time we had the interview, the recruiter accidentally hung up on me. I tried calling her right back, but I got no answer. I emailed her when I got home, and she said that she called me right back, but she did not. When we had the second over the phone interview, she was disrespectful, and acted like she really didn't want to mess with me. She is a very bad recruiter.

Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The process began with an informal conversation. Once skills were matched, it was agreed to proceed with the official interview process. There were several conversations with the HR contact, then an interview with the hiring manager. Work samples were requested and submitted as well.

Programmer Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

They initially emailed me to setup a phone interview. 10 minutes after the scheduled time, I got an email asking if I could reschedule for the next day. The next day, I didn't get the call until 12 minutes after our scheduled time, and I had to remind the interviewer of the position I applied for. It last around 5 minutes. She said she would contact me sometime in the next week to let me know whether or not they would like to move forward in the interview process, but even after a follow-up email, nothing.

Overall, the recruiting team has not impressed me.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in learning new technologies?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Submit your resume online first. If the hiring team likes what they see, they will schedule a phone interview. If you pass that, they will call you and set up an in-person interview with someone in the department with the opening.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview, followed with 2 in person interviews. The phone interview was informal and great, I personally had a great conversation about my alma mater. The two in person interviews, were very standard. I was asked about various questions about my previous positions, my education, and why I would be a good fit. I also shadowed various people in the office, where I learned a bit more about positions in the office first hand. It was very important to use this time to engage and ask questions as well. After these interviews, I received a call the next day with the position being offered to me.

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Bloomington, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with two people in a conference room. They didn't keep any eye contact and were focused more on the notes rather than relating to me as a human being.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a lot of stressful tasks and how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Easy and didn't require any work background information, just your looks and bright attitude. The last person didn't even ask me about my skills, just the kind of video games I like to play.

Carrier Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Formal interview in HQ in Eden Prarie. Two hiring managers were friendly but very business, fast paced oriented. Pretty standard cookie cutter interview. I tried to joke around with them and they didn't seem too interested. I was taking a pay cut to try to enter the logistics field, but they didn't wan to hear about my career, rather how I could fit into their fast paced team. Did not sound like a place i'd like to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Regional Category Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

HR rep was a very fast talker and did not not seem to know much about the position other than the job description and did not offer an email address for follow-up. The interview was very scripted and I was told CH Robinson would contact me for any follow-up. Its been been 3 weeks since the phone interview and no follow-up either way