C.H. Robinson Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

It was straightforward I only did a phone "interview", nothing special but they literally spend half of the interview asking me questions I answered when I filled out the application. Waste of time and impersonal. I have had two friends who also interviewed for positions with their global team and they thought the same thing. Seems strange, but maybe recruiters never see your application? Nothing like the phone interviews I have had lately with other large companies in the area.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

The interview process was pretty odd - I wasn't asked a single coding question, just endless behavioral questions from a bunch of different people. My strongest point is my technical skill so I did not walk away feeling great about my chances (and did not receive an offer).

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately one week. I sent in my application via LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter that explained that my background and qualifications match what they are looking for. We set up a thirty minute phone interview that asked very basic questions: What are you looking for in a career? Why C.H. Robinson? Why Sales? Then she explained the role, compensation, and what training would be like. After the 30 minute phone interview, she set me up to meet with a sales manager at the Minneapolis location. The in-person interview was scheduled for 3 hours. It consisted of shadowing a carrier representative and the process involved with the position. This provided opportunities to see if I would like the job and ask questions that may be useful in making a decision. It followed with a 40 minute interview with a sales manager and then concluded with a 15 minute discussion with the General Manager. I received an offer 30 minutes later and was given a week to make a final decision. Overall, a very easy process if you can sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• When did you face a difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is unique. I started with a basic phone screening with a recruiter. Then was brought in for an in person interview. I spoke with the supervisor of the team and then got to sit out on the office floor and learn more about the actual work. I was called the same day with an offer! The whole process made me feel valued and everyone I encountered was great. Process took less than a week for me.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

One week turn around between phone interview, in person interview, and job offer. Phone interview was very relaxed and welcoming, I felt like I was talking with an old friend. In person interview with my manager was very short with only a couple questions, as they said the in phone interview covered everything. In person interview took maybe 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use excel?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process is pretty fast and efficient, but the impression drops a bunch at the end. The recruiter contacted me has high energy and pretty fast feedback, I don't need to wait too long AT FIRST. Pretty typical process initial talk -> phone interview -> on site. After completing those, the recruiter required an additional talk with hiring manager, and he said that they are 99.9% sure they will give me an offer. Then, 3 weeks no response or feedback until I reach out, I guess 0.1% happens a lot often than we think.

Interview Questions

• Most of them are pretty specific to what you wrote on your resume. They checked on your understanding of a language / framework, not much algorithm question.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for a completely different position, recruiter contacted me about a more relevant one. After a phone screening within 24 hours, I had an interview scheduled. Proceeded to second round, but no offer.

Overall, turn around time and handling by the recruiter was extremely well done and professional. They even called to follow up on why I wasn't getting the offer (other candidate had slightly more technical skill). This company obviously takes extra care to make their HR division efficient and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a project did not go the way you expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with a recruiter from Minnesota, and I am from TN. The first time we had the interview, the recruiter accidentally hung up on me. I tried calling her right back, but I got no answer. I emailed her when I got home, and she said that she called me right back, but she did not. When we had the second over the phone interview, she was disrespectful, and acted like she really didn't want to mess with me. She is a very bad recruiter.

Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The process began with an informal conversation. Once skills were matched, it was agreed to proceed with the official interview process. There were several conversations with the HR contact, then an interview with the hiring manager. Work samples were requested and submitted as well.

Programmer Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

They initially emailed me to setup a phone interview. 10 minutes after the scheduled time, I got an email asking if I could reschedule for the next day. The next day, I didn't get the call until 12 minutes after our scheduled time, and I had to remind the interviewer of the position I applied for. It last around 5 minutes. She said she would contact me sometime in the next week to let me know whether or not they would like to move forward in the interview process, but even after a follow-up email, nothing.

Overall, the recruiting team has not impressed me.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in learning new technologies?   1 Answer