C.H. Robinson Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. They show you around their office and have you job shadow. Then you interview with them in a private office and are asked to perform a sales role play.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in December 2018.

Interview

Very pleasant process. Applied online and heard back 2-3 weeks later. Had a phone interview with the HR department than heard back for an in-house interview the following week. The office was great, I got to meet with the General Manager who asked about my background experiences and education. Afterward, I shadowed a Sales Executive to get a better understanding of the day to day operations and responsibilities. Then I met with two other Sales Executives that asked me questions about myself and why I wanted to go into sales. I asked them about why they are in the position as of now and how they got to this point. It was more of a conversation than an interview. The entire process didn't feel like they were looking to see if I was qualified, they were looking to see if I was a relaxed individual with a personality that would fit in with the office culture. I felt very comfortable the entire time without stress. Before everything though they threw me straight into a mock sales pitch which had nothing related to the industry or the services provided by C.H. Robinson. This I freaked out about at first but don't worry, the two people involved with the sales pitch really got into character and it actually was more fun than stressful when it began. After the interview, they called me back the next day and offered me the position. Couldn't be happier with my experience.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Phone interview. Started by asking more personal questions (Tell me about yourself, etc), then explained job requirements in good detail, then allowed for questions, the asked more scenario based questions, then allowed for more question asking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had two separate activities in a job with conflicting objectives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter first and it was some standard questions about your background and ect, and then she explained about what the company does and what different roles entitle. She made the recommendation and i received an email about an in person interview for a week later. I had 2 in person interviews, glassdoor has been helpful getting me ready for them so I feel I should give back some. the first interview was with the sales manager, he asked some tough questions and answered all the questions I had. Very professional and definitely learned a lot about the company and the role. followed by the interview, he arranged me to sit down with 2 people from different department to learn more about their roles and what the company does. after that i was given a scenario for a sales pitch (i need to stress here that the topic was not logistic related, i read some people mentioning about the sales pitch but i was under the impression that it was a mockup sales call to a logistic client but it was actually a totally different topic.) I was given 30 mins to put together a presentation and had to present it to 3 managers as if they were the clients. Not as easy as it seems :) the 1st interview took about 2.5 hours. The 2nd interview was with the GM and another manager, again they were all very professional and asked some questions and made me feel very comfortable and welcome. Received offer about 2 days later and started the background check which took about a week. The whole process took about 5 weeks but I do think it was absolutely necessary since they are investing a lot in you. overall i think it was a wonderful experience and I am really excited to start at the new job!

Interview Questions

• -what sets you apart from other candidates? why should we hire you?
      -2 strengths and weaknesses
      -when a client has had bad experience before, how do you overcome it?
      -what is your understanding of what the position does   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I found the company through my school career fair. Had a great conversation with the employees they had at the fair. Heard back from the recruiting team the next week and was invited to interview the following week. The team took us out to a socializing event at a local restaurant. Interviewed the next day which was really relaxed, then heard back the next day. Was Invited to the office with all expenses paid. Had a multi-part day with multiple interview and a situational. The experience at the office was great and we were all treated well. Overall pleasant interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

called by a "recruiter," (she's lucky I'm a nice guy and won't use her name). she had a ton of questions for me and when I tried asking 2 or 3 she says "I suggest you do some research next time you apply for a job posting," and practically hangs up on me. Needless to say I never bothered following up. from what I hear though the company sucks anyway.

Interview Questions

• a bunch of stuff. she stopped short of asking about what size shoe I wear.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person. Pretty relaxed, nothing too difficult. They looked more between the lines to ensure I was able to think on my feet and come up with creative solutions. Great Experience. This is a large company, so I am not sure if this will be the same throughout.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Charlotte, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted my a national recruiter a few days later who scheduled a phone interview. My phone interview lasted 15-20 Min. 48 hours later I was contacted by email and offered an in person interview. I went into the local office and met with a senior sales executive and account manager. The interview lasted about 45 min. I was contacted via email 48 hours later and asked to come in for a 2nd interview. At that time I was advised that my skills matched up more closely with the requirements of a Carrier Sales Representative and I shadowed (2) carrier reps for about 30 min and interviewed again with (2) managers.

I was offered the job unofficially the next day (Friday) by the local office. My official offer letter came via email the following Monday. You have a week to decide; I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I landed the interview, which was just another way of asking "Why CH Robinson"   1 Answer
    • Why Sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time.....   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Details of in person interview were provided less than 24 hours prior to the interview. Upon arriving at the interview I was told the interview was at 1PM even though I picked 2PM and had the email from the recruiter stating 2PM. I was told that the recruiter was called (after I was "late") and told the interviewer that it was indeed at 1PM. In the interviewer's eyes I appeared to be 45 minutes late even though I arrived 15 minutes early. I believe a time zone mix up occurred in this case as a similar incident happened before my phone interview when I provided my availability and given a slot an hour ahead of what I requested. We proceeded with the interview and briefly went over resume then continued to talk about changes happening and what different roles would be. Mostly me listening to the interviewer talking. Was fairly confident as I was told I did very well in the interview and what the next steps would be only to get the rejection email less than 24 hours later. Hard to believe one of the top logistics companies in the country can't get the logistics of an interview straight.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Fairly simple and easy process. Had 1 phone, and 2 in person. First phone was with a corporate recruiter who does some basic screening. First In person met with three tenured employees all at once followed by the GM. Second was more of a follow up, met with same people and included a tour of the office and operations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales ? If you could be any super hero, who would it be and why ? Various random questions to basically see if you could be on your toes and reply confidently.   Answer Question