C.H. Robinson Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Fairly simple and easy process. Had 1 phone, and 2 in person. First phone was with a corporate recruiter who does some basic screening. First In person met with three tenured employees all at once followed by the GM. Second was more of a follow up, met with same people and included a tour of the office and operations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales ? If you could be any super hero, who would it be and why ? Various random questions to basically see if you could be on your toes and reply confidently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair. Set up an interview at their office through email. Met with her and the branch sales manager for an hour interview. Role play selling exercise in the middle of the interview where I had to perform a sales pitch to the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Straight forward situational and behavior questions, then a mock sales presentation. One interview in person on campus and then on site. You interview with HR and a few sales managers

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult situation you were placed in and how did you overcome this situation and thrive?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

I first had to pass a phone interview where I was asked about my current job and experiences that would help me in the role of sales executive.
    At the actual interview, after a brief overview of the job, I sat down with two different sales executives for 30 minutes each. Got to watch them work and ask them any type of question related to the job. After that I sat down with another woman from H.R. and went through a normal type of interview. Finally it ended with a hypothetical scenario that was given to me where I was a sales executive pitching to a company. The two people I was pitching to were a woman from H.R. and a manager who were acting as potential buyers of the product I was selling. I was given 20 minutes to prepare for the pitch. The whole process took approximately 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• How will previous experiences, either school or work related, help you be an efficient sales executive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview with a recruiter and then 3.5 hour in-person final round interview.

Phone interview was basic questions i.e. "Why do you want to go into sales?" And "what makes you think that you will be good at sales?"

These questions were repeated in the final round interview.

The final round interview consisted of two job shadows (one carrier, one customer representative) and then two interviews with the second being case based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview, followed with 2 in person interviews. The phone interview was informal and great, I personally had a great conversation about my alma mater. The two in person interviews, were very standard. I was asked about various questions about my previous positions, my education, and why I would be a good fit. I also shadowed various people in the office, where I learned a bit more about positions in the office first hand. It was very important to use this time to engage and ask questions as well. After these interviews, I received a call the next day with the position being offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I first applied online through my campus recruiting. I heard back within a week and set up a phone interview while I was still at school. This mainly was a screening with obvious questions like "why sales" or "why C.H. robinson." Overall, super easy- they just want to make sure you can hold a conversation. Although, I did not feel that I had a great connection with the interviewer, I ended my interview with the question "do you have any hestistations that would prevent you from hiring me" and I really think that sealed the deal because immediately after I asked the question she invited me to the in-house interview, where I received a confirmation email the next day.

The second and final round interview took place on site, and at first when you arrive the recruiter gives a professional presentation about the role and C.H. robinson which really helps you understand the company better. After, I went on a tour and was able to shadow both a carrier and sales rep for about 30 minutes each. Then there is formal interview with the same person who presented the presentation asking a lot of behavioral questions (but nothing too hard) and then theres a 2nd interview with the head recruiter and a sales manager where you had to do a sales pitch regarding a unrelated industry and then some just basic questions about you and your background, received an offer the next day.

My biggest advice would be to come with a lot of questions because they definitely are looking that you can hold a conversation since this is a sales job.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Why C.H. Robinson?
      Tell me a time you worked in a group and one member did not preform as suppose to and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Rockford, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Staff was extremely friendly. Was able to sit down with current sales executive and he talked about what he did so I knew first hand what the job entailed. Interviewed with GM and Senior Sales Executive. Friendly People!

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the position with the sales executive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Questions revolve around customer service and how you would handle a particular situation. They don't expect candidates to know anything about the field of logistics. More common sense questions about how to handle situations. Mostly checking to make sure you're normal in a social setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a good customer service experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was at university, then an on sight interview. 3.5 hours- tour, shadows, interview with HR and then demo sales pitch. recruitment was great to work with throughout the entire process

Interview Questions

• typical common interview questions   1 Answer