C.H. Robinson Transportation Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Transportation Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview, in person interview. offer was made. Accepted first role out of college. GM i had interviewed with was very personable. was able to choose start date, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Monterey, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Initially contacted by Corporate HR, completed a phone interview. Next step was an outside interview to gauge whether or not you're a "Good Fit". "Fit" and "Good Fit" candidates move on to next stage which is an additional phone interview. At this point they may ask your preference of location, or suggestion for you. After that they will setup an in-person interview at the appropriate office where you may have a follow up interview. From there the position is offered by the office personnel.

Interview Questions

• How did you pay for college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They left very little room for any sort of negotiation. It was essentially "here is the offer, take it or leave it."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sartell, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Sartell, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

I got a referral for the sales position from a friend who has worked there for a few years. I applied online and within a week or two i got a call from a recruiter. She asked if I had time to answer a few questions and I said yes. She asked a few personality and general interview questions and more specifically, why I would like to work for the company. The conversation lasted around 15 minutes and afterward, she asked to set up a day/time for a more intensive second phone interview and gave me information to take an online personality/traits test in the meantime.

The second phone interview was much of the same. General interview questions coupled with a few behavioral/star questions. After the second phone interview they called me back a week later with a formal interview request which I gladly accepted.

The offices in Sartell MN where I interviewed were nice, clean and the employees were nice. Many long rows of computer stations with people working at them, with offices in the rear. My interview was a 3:1 process. Three upper managers, whom were very laid back, welcoming and nice, peppered me with questions, many of which were behavioral based. They aren't too difficult, just make sure to give good real life examples if you can. Lastly, they asked me an industry specific question, that they admitted nobody ever really gets correct, but want to see your thought process through to your answer. It dealt with how to re-route carrier trucks in the same region when one or more is having mechanical issues. I guess I must've got the question completely wrong because I got a call 2 weeks later saying the interview process was a positive one, but they decided to hire internally instead.....giving me no other information.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths and 3 greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Overland Park, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

First you will receive a phone screen
    Then you will be asked to take a personality profile
    Then you will be asked to come in for a panelled interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we shouldn't hire you? And you can't say no.   1 Answer
    • What are some of your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Transportation Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in February 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional Interviewer