C.H. Robinson Transportation Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Transportation Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at C.H. Robinson

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial phone interviews and screens were set up and run nicely. You will, however, have to take a completely ridiculous "personality" test. They ask you the same questions over and over again with different wording.

When I interviewed with the branch, everyone was dressed in less that business casual (appealing to some) and one of my interviewers wore a white t-shirt, was eating, and cursed multiple times during the interview. And the interview itself seemed very unfocused and unplanned as well.

The initial contact with them was great, but the in-person interview turned me off to the company.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult or unexpected questions at all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

I spoke to a previous CHR intern, who recommended me to the CHR recruiter. I approached CHR through the Career Services Office. I was able to be placed on their preference list for interviews after I sent a cover letter prior to their campus visit.

I had a 1:1 interview on-campus, then they flew me out for second round interviews. After the second round interviews, I was offered the internship.

Overall, everyone is very friendly and personable. It seems as if they really cherish their employees and operate in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask questions!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Raleigh, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personality Test, Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Orlando, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online for the C.H. Robinson transportation sales position. I received an e-mail the following day from recruiter from the Southeast saying that I was a candidate for a possible position.

I had to call and schedule and interview which I did, just went through the inital interview process explaining job details, locations in which I would like to work, job preview etc. I am currently waiting to hear back to move further with the interview process but have nto been offered a position thus far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Strong presence on-campus recruiting. Nice folks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got two people with opposing view points to work well together   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online - About a week later was contacted by recruiter via phone and scheduled my first phone interview - A couple days later completed the first phone interview (30 minutes) - Then had to complete a personality test - About a week later was contacted again by recruiter with news that I was a "Good Fit" based on the personality test and scheduled a second phone interview - A few days later completed the second phone interview (1 hr) - Was contacted a few days later by recruiter who gave me contact information for the branch manager in order to schedule the panel interview - About a week later I went in for the panel interview (2 hrs) - Was contacted a couple days after the panel by branch manager to schedule shadow interview - A week and half later I attended the shadow interview (3 hrs) - A couple days later I was contacted by HR with an offer.

The interview process was long and detailed but it made me feel more confident in my interest in the position as well as reinsuring the branch manager that I was a good fit. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice, down-to-earth, and fun. My favorite part of the interview process was the shadow interview. I got to sit down with employees in the branch and see what they do, but more importantly get a feel for the work environment. I found it to be fast paced, work hard - play hard kinda mentality, and you could see the team work and support happening around you. One minute the employees will be on the phone with a customer or trucker and the next their joking around with the person in the next cubicle. People even started throwing a nerf ball around the office in the middle of my shadow. Great interview process. Definitely worth the time!

Interview Questions

• Why should we hirer you instead of promoting or transfering somebody in from within the company?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation. I got the sense that most things (including salary) were written in concrete. I did attempt to negotiate the salary but didn't get anywhere. Overall the offer I received was great so I didn't see much need for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

On site: office tour, shadow employees, group interview with HR, sales pitch to HR.

Interview Questions

I was unimpressed by the cold calling and having to sit at a desk all day. Employees did not remotely look excited to be at work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Bloomington, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

They guy I interviewed with was not from the HR department so I think that made it easier. He did ore talking than I. I felt like it went really well. I even sent him a thank you note. So far I have not gotten a response from them yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Carson, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

First you get a phone screen, then a personality test, then another phone interview, then a 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• What is your interest level 1-10?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 things that are most important to you in a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Tampa, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online knowing I meet all the requirements seeing I had previous expierence in the field and industry. I was called by HR rep from HQ to set up a interview time slot for the following Monday. During 10 mintue informal interview the HR rep asked formal and a few informal questions. I was told she would "contact" me next week for follow up. I recieved an email the next week stating that I did not get the job....