C.H. Robinson Transportation Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C.H. Robinson Transportation Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transportation Sales Representative; Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long but not too stressful. they take you down to shadow employees and then interview you further. behavioral questions mainly.first started with a phone interview then asked what time next week to come in and go from there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiting session at my university. First interview was on campus, lasted about 30min. Be prepared with notes about the company's background, roles, history, mission statement. Lots of behavioral questions about past job experience and other questions about competitiveness. Come prepared with two questions about the companies culture, two questions about the role, two questions about the company, and two questions about the interviewer. The first interview is all about if you did you're homework or not. The second interview took place at C.H Robinson's office in Chicago. From the second you walk through those doors they are testing you. Don't be on your phone while waiting in the lobby and treat the receptionist properly. You shadow an employee on the customer side and the carrier side of the business; Ask them lots of questions! After shadowing there are two more interviews with a role play exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why 3PL?
      Tell me about a time you were competitive and how can you use that at C.H Robinson   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1 phone call and two in person interviews. Basically asking you questions about prior job history. Make sure you are prepared to answer questions as to how competitive you are. How you handle stress and multi tasking. Also, you will need to tell them why you want this job. You will also be asked to come on the floor with a manager and experience what it's like to be around the business. Be attentive and ask plenty of questions

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work in this industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's careers website, had an on campus interview that lasted about a half hour and the final round took place in their Chicago office which lasted about 4 hours. The interviewers were friendly however the sales reps I job shadowed seemed more interested in talking about their fantasy football trades than their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why logistics sales? What prior experience do you have in this industry?   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson.

Interview

The job posting title indicated it was a January start so the process was pretty quick since they were filling their class to start at the end of January. It took 4 business days to receive an email about the initial phone interview, the phone interview then took place the next day and the in-person interview 2 days after the phone interview.

The phone interview took approximately 30min and consisted of basic questions about my resume and what I was looking for in a company. The standard stuff for a phone screening/interview.

The in-person interview was approximately 4 hrs long. The Chicago Central office is located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which is nice but there isn't a convenient way of reaching it by public transport from where I live so I drove myself and had to pay-to-park in a garage located a few blocks away (surprisingly it wasn't THAT expensive). Upon checking in at the front desk I waited patiently for the scheduled time to arrive (ALWAYS get to your interview early to scope out the place) while checking out the decor and information posted on the walls about the company. The scheduled time arrived and I met the HR rep that would be conducting my interview. The rep started with a basic introduction of the company in PowerPoint form and then showed me around the facility on the way to the second part of the interview.

The second part of the interview was broken into two parts and involved me "shadowing" a sales rep on both the carrier side and the customer side of the business. Unfortunately for me, that day was "slow" according to both sales reps that I shadowed so I couldn't get a real good feel of the day-to-day operations. Since it was a slow day and I wasn't able to see how everything worked I didn't have any 'good' questions to ask except for basic stuff like "how do you like the hours/how long have you worked here for/how do you like working for the company".

The third part of my interview involved me meeting with one of the instructors in charge of training the new sales reps. This part of the interview seemed the most 'normal' meaning that it was a higher up that had my resume in-hand asking me questions on my work history, why they should hire me,etc.

The final part of the interview involved some role-playing with me being given a sheet of paper with a background and info about a fictional company and a goal of selling the fictional product to the buyer. This part was conducted with the original HR rep that I met with and another member of the hiring team/manager. I thanked everyone throughout the day for their time and consideration and ended the interview approximately 4 hrs after I arrived.

Received a standard "we have decided to proceed with another candidate email" on Monday morning the following week. Disappointed, yes, but glad that the company actually let me know I wasn't being considered further since there are plenty of companies that won't be courteous enough to tell you.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is more important to you: money or a job title?

Q: Why should we hire you instead of one of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. Allowed me to stay for an additional hour and shadow a couple employees. Was unsure about the company until the interview and after it I was dying to get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Moments where I have faced a problem and how I adapted.
      2. What are my strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted within about 3 days after applying. I was very excited about the job and I studied everything about the company. I used: Forbes, glassdoor, their company website, about me section and I even studied with big interview software. I aced the first interview. I was offered a second interview. I came into the office and its almost as soon as the representative I had been speaking with saw me it started to go downhill. I feel like I answered all of the behavioral questions exceptional well, as I had thought about all my answers previously. After that, it was a sales pitch of which I sold paper to them and I feel like still I did a good job seeing as I had only 20 minutes to learn about the product, back-story and write and memorize a pitch. When I got into the sales pitch, the man had his arms folded and barely looked at me. It was so standoffish. I knew after all those signs that I would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. I studied and I was well prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with very broad institutional based questions, then a panel interview for an hour and thirty minutes with two supervisors, and then a shadow interview day where I sat with a team member then had a one on one interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I first had a campus interview and then a final interview at the office. I sat on the sales floor which was nice to see what I would be doing in the job all day. Then I had an interview with a recruiter, and then a mock sales pitch with managers. Lots of behavioral based questions - pretty typical. Everyone I met was really nice and welcoming though. Recruiter and managers were very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I had to talk about a time I exceeded goals that were set for me by a boss   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C.H. Robinson (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I met the hiring representative at a career expo on campus and was offered an interview the following morning. The woman was really nice to the point that I felt more like I was having coffee with a girlfriend than having an interview. Questions were very basic with not a lot of critical thinking involved. I was immediately offered a second interview at their headquarters. The second interview also went well. The same woman greeted me, then I shadowed one of the managers and he answered any questions I had. I then had the interview with the first rep and an additional hiring rep. He basically asked the same questions over again and we talked about my resume. Everyone was very friendly and it was pretty stress free compared to other interviews I've had.