C-K Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to via LinkedIn by an in-house HR Manager and asked to hop on a call first. Went fine and was a very standard screening about my experience and interests. Got told I'd be asked to come in via email, which I was. The same HR Manager I spoke to emailed me right away to ask me what day (provided a list of days and times over the next 4 work days to choose from) was best for me. I chose Friday at 2pm (it was currently Wednesday so I gave myself some time). She circled back to confirm the time and give me a rundown of the people I'd be meeting with and their titles (it was a back-to-back meeting with 4 people on the account). Thinking she confirmed me for Friday at 2 since she let ME choose, I showed up Friday around 1:45 to nothing but confusion from the secretary. Turns out, I re-opened her confirmation email to find out she flipped the date to Monday at 2 conveniently in fine print at the very bottom of the long email describing the team I'd be meeting, even though I picked Friday and she let me pick what was best for me from a series of days/times...? The team was flexible, even though 2 people were OOO, I met with 2 that were there. There NY office is so 1985. The most dated agency I've been to... They have cubicles and low-popcorn ceilings and interviewed me in this weird office on a couch that looked like one of those weird rooms they do "castings" in.

Also, prior to my meeting, I read the reviews about their diversity problem. As a black woman, it was concerning, but I only interviewed because I was reached out to (versus me actually applying). There were no minorities and I walked through the entire office (New York). I could only imagine it's worse in Chicago. Also, I know everyone is entitled to their political views, but there was a guy (young, probably 25 or so) with a red Trump MAGA hat on his desk at the top of his cubicle for show. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their views but I think with Trump we can agree it's controversial to be so proud of him you boast merchandise on your desk in the workplace. Extremely inappropriate for work......

In the end, they let me come back in on Monday to meet with the rest of their team that was OOO Friday, and then even after apologizing and writing hand-written thank yous that were delivered to their office, I never heard a peep from them again about the role (despite following up with HR as well).

Odd place. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Why account versus creative? Also asked q's about the actual account and how my experience could transfer over   Answer Question

C-K Response

Jun 12, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We understand how frustrating it can be to provide your availability for an interview. We make it our first priority to accommodate a candidate’s availability, unfortunately... More

Other Interview Reviews for C-K

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed on the phone first with HR. Was 20-30 minute phone call. Then was asked to come to Milwaukee office. Interviewed with 4-5 people over the course of 4 hours, including a lunch interview. I found the people to be very inviting and easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• Prior work experience, including one project that I owned.   1 Answer
    • Why I felt I wanted to live in Milwaukee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not accept the offer immediately. Tried to negotiate for a higher salary but was unsuccessful. However, within one year my salary was increased greatly to reflect my abilities and level of responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process went well. The questions that were asked were mainly the typical experiential, about yourself type of questions. They usually take notes while your speaking so it may come off a bit more "interview-like" as opposed to the conversational tone one would hope to achieve.