C-K Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews total. 1 Phone interview with HR, 1 interview with the Account Directors & Supervisors, 1- interview with Group Account Directors. Very conversational in tone, because they want someone who can contribute to a conversation. don't just nod in agreement add substance to the conversation on why you would make a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What campaigns do you like right now?
      What are some of your success stories?
      Why do you want to work here? (research the work they've done and talk about why you liked it)
      Why did you get into advertising?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

After the initial resume review, I had a Skype interview with two of the current employees. After that, I was waiting on an email from HR. Followed up after two weeks of hearing nothing & then immediately got a call with the offer of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you encountered an obstacle & how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Brand Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in for an informational interview. I met a insight and analytics persona and an HR. I though it was an informational interview so I did not prepare enough, but suggest anyone going to prepare well.

Interview Questions

• The HR is quite serious considering it was an informational interview. She asked me to go through resume for her, what I did in each job/intern and what I learned.   Answer Question

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with HR, followed by numerous one-on-one in-person interviews within one day, and completed with an in-person presentation for a group (required for more senior positions). The HR staff was great to work with throughout the process from beginning to end. The in-person interviews seemed a little scattered since they tried to fit 5 into one day, but otherwise were fine. The presentation was intimidating, especially once the group began asking questions about the presentation itself afterwards. I received my offer via phone call, followed up via email.

Interview Questions

• Given objective x (I forget the scenario presented), tell me a media strategy that could fulfill this objective.   1 Answer

Media Planner and Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Chatted with one person on the phone who coordinated in person meetings with 4 different people. The entire interview process lasted about 2 hours. Some asked a lot of questions. Other just wanted to talk and get to know who you were as an individual.

Vice President Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was an informal meeting with the VP Account Director, and then HR. She was about 20 minutes late, and I didn't leave with a great sense of what it would be like to work at the agency. I also wasn't asked very many questions that have me the opportunity to share my expertise/ applicable experience. Wished for more, but it wasn't necessarily a negative experience.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied directly to creative recruiter, who in turn conducted a very informal phone interview. He then connected me to some creatives, just to chat. I wouldn't even consider it an interview. They just wanted to make sure they weren't dealing with some sort of jerk.

Interview Questions

• No typical interview questions, they just wanted to have a general conversation to get a picture of who I was.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview rescheduled twice including day of.

Two managers I would be reporting to did not seem aligned at all. These are the two people I met with in the first interview.

Waiting room was awkward- nothing to read or watch.

Declined moving forward to next steps - didn't feel it was a cultural fit.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

There were three phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by on-site interviews. Interviewed with eight different people ranging from peers to senior level employees within other departments to HR. Consistently received the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• All interviewers asked very specific questions based on the resume.   1 Answer

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interested in the position, but felt that the level of expertise of those interviewing me was deficient. I had no interest in joining a department so behind the times. Everyone was courteous, but I did not get a good feeling overall.