C-K Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C-K

2.9

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews. Brought back in a second time to meet with hiring manager because my salary requirements were higher than they could offer and they weren't sure I was really interested in the job or taking it for the money and going to leave when I found a different job. I was asked all sorts of confidential questions about my salary and how I had gotten to where I am now. I had to practically defend what I was asked for, even though it is a fair compensation. I was told "well for your experience that's just unheard of" After revealing all this information and practically begging for teh job I have been given the silent treatment by the hiring manager for two weeks.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

There were three phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by on-site interviews. Interviewed with eight different people ranging from peers to senior level employees within other departments to HR. Consistently received the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• All interviewers asked very specific questions based on the resume.   1 Answer

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C-K.

Interview

It was an informational interview. I contacted an HR rep through LinkedIn and they passed me along to the Chicago office. There were no current opening but they did call me for an information interview and said they'd keep my on file.

Interview Questions

• I was asking for questions than they were since it was an informational interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with HR, followed by numerous one-on-one in-person interviews within one day, and completed with an in-person presentation for a group (required for more senior positions). The HR staff was great to work with throughout the process from beginning to end. The in-person interviews seemed a little scattered since they tried to fit 5 into one day, but otherwise were fine. The presentation was intimidating, especially once the group began asking questions about the presentation itself afterwards. I received my offer via phone call, followed up via email.

Interview Questions

• Given objective x (I forget the scenario presented), tell me a media strategy that could fulfill this objective.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2008.

Interview

I met with an employee from every department in the agency. Some were upper level management and some were in my peer group. It was and "emotional" interview as they never asked me about my relevant experience for the position. They wanted to know how I felt about this and that and seemed to be rating my reaction to their questions. One of the people I met with actually trashed the company and told me some things that ultimately led to turning down the job offer. Watch you back was a quote from this person.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation in your current position?   Answer Question

I didn't feel it was a good match for me and I'm glad I didn't accept the position. Another offer came along in the following week and now I'm very happy with my position and choice.

Media Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C-K in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really long. At one point I said to a friend of mine, you would think I'm interviewing for a VP position. I went through a recruiter and then sent in my resume. About a week later I went in for three interviews. One with HR and two then with media team members. I then went back back in for two more interviews and another phone interview. The interviews weren't tough at all, I just met with entirely too many people. Then on my first day, my immediate boss and group director are two people I never interviewed with.

Negotiation

Was pretty simple. I stated my wants and then they were met

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed on the phone first with HR. Was 20-30 minute phone call. Then was asked to come to Milwaukee office. Interviewed with 4-5 people over the course of 4 hours, including a lunch interview. I found the people to be very inviting and easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• Prior work experience, including one project that I owned.   1 Answer
    • Why I felt I wanted to live in Milwaukee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not accept the offer immediately. Tried to negotiate for a higher salary but was unsuccessful. However, within one year my salary was increased greatly to reflect my abilities and level of responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to via LinkedIn by an in-house HR Manager and asked to hop on a call first. Went fine and was a very standard screening about my experience and interests. Got told I'd be asked to come in via email, which I was. The same HR Manager I spoke to emailed me right away to ask me what day (provided a list of days and times over the next 4 work days to choose from) was best for me. I chose Friday at 2pm (it was currently Wednesday so I gave myself some time). She circled back to confirm the time and give me a rundown of the people I'd be meeting with and their titles (it was a back-to-back meeting with 4 people on the account). Thinking she confirmed me for Friday at 2 since she let ME choose, I showed up Friday around 1:45 to nothing but confusion from the secretary. Turns out, I re-opened her confirmation email to find out she flipped the date to Monday at 2 conveniently in fine print at the very bottom of the long email describing the team I'd be meeting, even though I picked Friday and she let me pick what was best for me from a series of days/times...? The team was flexible, even though 2 people were OOO, I met with 2 that were there. There NY office is so 1985. The most dated agency I've been to... They have cubicles and low-popcorn ceilings and interviewed me in this weird office on a couch that looked like one of those weird rooms they do "castings" in.

Also, prior to my meeting, I read the reviews about their diversity problem. As a black woman, it was concerning, but I only interviewed because I was reached out to (versus me actually applying). There were no minorities and I walked through the entire office (New York). I could only imagine it's worse in Chicago. Also, I know everyone is entitled to their political views, but there was a guy (young, probably 25 or so) with a red Trump MAGA hat on his desk at the top of his cubicle for show. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their views but I think with Trump we can agree it's controversial to be so proud of him you boast merchandise on your desk in the workplace. Extremely inappropriate for work......

In the end, they let me come back in on Monday to meet with the rest of their team that was OOO Friday, and then even after apologizing and writing hand-written thank yous that were delivered to their office, I never heard a peep from them again about the role (despite following up with HR as well).

Odd place. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Why account versus creative? Also asked q's about the actual account and how my experience could transfer over   Answer Question

C-K Response

Jun 12, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We understand how frustrating it can be to provide your availability for an interview. We make it our first priority to accommodate a candidate’s availability, unfortunately... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process went well. The questions that were asked were mainly the typical experiential, about yourself type of questions. They usually take notes while your speaking so it may come off a bit more "interview-like" as opposed to the conversational tone one would hope to achieve.

Vice President Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was an informal meeting with the VP Account Director, and then HR. She was about 20 minutes late, and I didn't leave with a great sense of what it would be like to work at the agency. I also wasn't asked very many questions that have me the opportunity to share my expertise/ applicable experience. Wished for more, but it wasn't necessarily a negative experience.