C&D Zodiac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C&D Zodiac Interview Questions

2.2

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Marysville, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call with a very brief phone interview of less than 15 minutes. Went in for first interview with lead of potential team, not impressed. I was told I would be expected to work 10-12 hours, 6 days per week because the company was going through an upgrade to their system. The interviewer could not answer all of my questions regarding the change of system or benefits that a new hire could be eligible for.

I did however receive a second interview with the director 1 week later. Again not impressed. I was on time he was late. We met in a classroom, not professional at all. His interview questions seemed to relate to my current job more than what I could bring to his team. He also asked me repeatedly if I had questions for him and was unable to answer all the questions I posed. He seemed nonplussed when I mentioned I was looking for growth in the job and advancement.

I never received another email or call from the company, not even a “Thank you, but we have chosen other candidates at this time” which wouldn’t take more than a single email.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Santa Maria, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview. Then they flew me out to the site in California. They were very courtious giving me plenty of options for flight times and dates. They even hosted me in a hotel for two nights rather than the usual one. They interviewed everyone in a group environment and then split us off into groups for individual questioning. After the interview,they refused to answer my calls or emails. I never received any answer about my job status. They blatently ignore people they don't hire.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a part of the production line and without any notice or premise they asked me to describe exactly what I would do to make the line more efficient.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Santa Maria, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I was called for an interview. I was unable to make it to that interview appointment and the employer was kind enough to reschedule the interview to the following week when I called and reported my situation on the day of the interview. The interview itself was a realistic job preview, including the history of C&D Zodiac, their current situation, job duties, time requirements, and a tour of the facility. I was informed of the hiring process and the length of time likely before the company would schedule second interviews, including the notification process. I have not yet completed the hiring process and I do not yet know if I will be called back for a second interview. Accordingly, the answer to the offer question below may change.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked many questions, and cannot remember a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Stress Engineer Interview

Interview

The Interview process was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations - below avg pay.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Huntington Beach, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

After the initial phone interview, I was called into the facility. I went and met the hiring manager. I was asked about the details about my last job, my experience and education. I was given a tour and an opportunity to ask questions and then was offered the position by email.

Interview Questions

• Do not quite remember any unusual ones   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial salary offered was well below my expectations. I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary, but I was lured in with the typical bonus incentive and potential for growth carrots.

Anonymous Employee in La Palma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (La Palma, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

I was asked about my skills and experience, about my senior project, and my thesis, being that I was a recent graduate. The engineering manager also asked me about my technical interests within the field of mechanical engineering. I then was given a tour of the facility and an overview of what the company makes and how they do things.

There were no technical questions or skill tests to determine how knowlegable I actually was in the field though, which I thought was a little bit odd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied only, asked for interview a couple weeks later. Came in and went to a conference room and spoke with the lead stress engineer. He explained the position and talked about the company. Asked questions about my resume, experience, senior design project.

No technical questions or skills tests.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

Very structured and professional. Asked challenging questions, and gave me ample time to add some more info on myself and ask questions of my own. They were personable and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What are five words that you can choose that each describe you best.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on experience and got what I was asking for.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First HR will contact you with a phone interview, then 2nd call to setting up the interview, (took 1 week after the initial call)

At the interview, there's a 4 part CATIA test with 1 hr time limit.

Part 1 consist of part modeling, mating it in assembly, and draw that part you modeled.(I only finish part1)
    I was told there's surfacing too, but I didn't get to see the other 3 parts..

Follow up by a 1 on 1 interview. Consist of 90% technical question & "how much are u expecting to get pay?" at the very end.

Worst interview EVER... I wish i was given a warning...

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Ontario, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was last minute. Threw together in 1 day, I had to review all the questions as well get ready for a 2 hr interview. Interview process asked questions FAR outside what is required. In the end they liked me, but stated that needed to hire another person in place. That was nearly 6 weeks ago with zero return in calls or update. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS LOCATION.

Interview Questions

• Asking about marriage status, previous employment status details.   Answer Question