C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2018

2.3

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

Completed the online interview which was very user friendly. I anticipated that it was going to be more difficult than it was, the questions were straight forward and not tricky at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Hatfield, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted for phone interview and was asked if I would like to interview for 2 positions. I went on 5 separate interviews which seemed to be going great. I was told I would be contacted by end of week almost a month ago. Never heard a word, even my email went ignored. After 5 interviews I should at least be told I did not get job if anything.

Interview Questions

• All fairly easy, mostly about your experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview from a friendly person in HR. I was asked a number of questions about my background, experiences, and skills. The interview felt more like a placement interview than a filtering interview, though that may have been just the skill of the interviewer since I was not offered a job in the end. She was careful to ask me about what things I would be interested to do, describe the job in great detail, and tell me about things like salary, company environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. Everything was a question I had heard before from somewhere else. All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted though Linkden and had a phone conversation with a HR manager to explain the job role. Didn't get into much detail once I said I wasn't interested in moving right away.

Interview Questions

It was out of state. They have centralized buying, which I don't find as efficient.

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

-Basic phone interview with no abnormal questions.
    -Received a call a day later for an in person interview. Interviewed a couple days later with two senior buyers. Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Formal but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just express interest in the company itself   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with my offer.

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with HR, then two managers. You are given a skills test that is fairly time intensive on all applications you'll use. Ask lots of questions! The interview process is fairly painless.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest work challenges? What do you like to do most? What is your work experience? What do you like to do least? What are you best at?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are reluctant to give salary ranges. Negotiate for all you can as salary raises are minimal unless you are a manager. If you can choose hourly or salaried, go hourly, you will get paid more overall.

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional. There were three interviews in a row. It was a long process, but the interviewers were great and made it painless. They really gave the impression that they cared about the quality of person that they chose to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one person, living or dead, to have dinner with, who would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

Their HR Department needs to rethink its processes. I applied for a position fresh out of college and received an interview. I did not have the experience they were looking for, but that is understandable and I was grateful for the opportunity. Fast forward a year, and you can't even get a reply from their HR Department! Their turnover rate is very high and they must be struggling to fill positions. The problem is compounded when they don't even get back to qualified candidates. I have seen that the position I originally applied for over 18 months ago, has been posted 4 times since they told me I did not have the experience for the position. Clearly, your hiring methods need re-evaluation if you are having that much trouble keeping somebody in that role. Try getting back to potential employees in a timely manner and maybe you will get the quality of candidate you are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name one time in your professional career that you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Hatfield, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview first for this entry level position, then an in-person interview with the woman who would be my boss, then another second-round interview with the Director. They offered me the job at a hilariously low salary, one that was $10,000 lower than the industry average for this type of position (and I spent weeks researching this) I made a counter offer that was $3,500 higher than their original figure, and they basically told me they had plenty of other recent college grad candidates who would be thrilled to work for what they were offering, and then they rescinded my offer. Bottom line-terrible company who knows college kids are desperate for jobs. HR was also extremely unprofessional; not returning emails or phone calls and waited a week and a half to get back to me after they said they would call the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a lot of friends? (yes, they really asked me this.)   Answer Question

clearly this company doesn't care about getting quality employees and just wants to find people that are willing to work for way less that what they are worth.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screening then an in person interview. They don't grill you too badly, and everyone in HR is very helpful. No complaints about them at all! Everything moved very smoothly, and I was able to work well with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about C&S?   1 Answer