C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C&S Wholesale Grocers

2.3

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in October 2020.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter at C&S to schedule a video interview with a senior guy in the department. Tried logging on to the video interview but he never joined. Luckily the invitation included a number to call so I called the number and met with two senior women in the department. Huge lack of communication.
    I was told I'd be notified by Nov 3rd whether I'd be moving forward in the process or not. It's now Nov 9th and I have heard nothing. Any company that doesn't notify candidates that they are not moving forward in the process gets a bad review from me. It's so easy to create a canned email saying "we've decided not to move forward with you." No excuse for a company of this size not to do that.
    The interview questions weren't very impressive. If you Google "top 10 interview questions to ask" that's basically what they asked me. Very generic and boring questions led to a very generic and boring interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with another department to achieve a goal   1 Answer

Developmental Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Bethlehem, PA) in September 2020.

Interview

So far I did a 10 minute interview, and next will be a 30 minute interview. In the 10 minute interview, the representative told me about the program, asked me to introduce myself, and asked me what I am passionate about within the company/ the job that I am applying for.

Interview Questions

• I have not been questioned yet   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2020.

Interview

Very easy and the recruiter was very nice. Lasted no longer than 10 mins and was great to hear all the wonderful things C&S has to offer for their employees. They listed the job and description as well as all the benefits.

Warehouse Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

It was decent and a pretty chill experience if you ask me, even though the interview was at 11pm at night it definitely changed my perspective of an interview but i recommend!

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Aberdeen, MD) in February 2020.

Interview

The take you on a tour inside the freezer for about 20 minutes to see if you can handle the cold and when you are Finished taking the tour they take you back to the room and ask you if you are still interested

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the cold (20 degrees and or lower)   2 Answers
    • Are you okay with making your own money   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with long hours   4 Answers

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Portland, OR) in January 2020.

Interview

Great face to face. Very personable. Worked around my schedule for the interview. HR presence was welcoming and the questions weren't your normal vague tell me about a time when... all around best interview I've had in a long time.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in October 2019.

Interview

Typical but not difficult. I wasnt a very good candidate but tried anyway. Company had good interview process and went fairly well. Good company and good opportunities. Will be trying again.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH).

Interview

I applied online, then a woman called to schedule a phone screening and then onsite interview and then nothing, very simple and straight forward until I don’t hear back from them

"Ghosted" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH).

Interview

Interview for a position in the corporate office. Had an initial call with head of talent acquisition, phone interview with team leader, and an in-person meeting was scheduled with hiring manager. Every interaction was very position up to that point and all was well until the day before the in-person meeting. The interview was cancelled the evening before the interview was scheduled because the hiring manager was sick. I then followed up a couple of times to reschedule and did not even get the courtesy of a reply. I heard that recruiters are ghosting candidates nowadays, but this was both frustrating and unprofessional. Not recommended...

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2018.

Interview

Corporate recruiting was done through my school, and they hosted interviews on campus. The process was fairly easy, focusing primarily on whether or not you would be a good fit for the company. Final round interviews included 1-on-1 interviews and a case interview question.