C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.3

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Plant City, FL).

Interview

Sat in a room and waited with 15 other people to get name called. Standard interview questions such as past jobs, positive traits ect. The two managers make a decision whether to hire or not on the spot. After recieving offer you take a drug test the next day and wait about a week to hear if you passed.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very friendly, the first one very informal and easy to talk with. On the second one, with the person in HR was a lot more professional with a lot of questions about the position. At the end of each interview we talk about personal things as a good friends. I think this is a good way to make an interview.

Warehouse Operations Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Springfield, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

It took a couple weeks for anyone to contact me after I turned in my resume. The over the. Phone interview was fairly quick and painless. It lasted about 15 minutes. The interviewer did a good job informing me about the company but did not share the hours of the position until I asked.

Interview Questions

• What type of company I worked for, what size, how many people I managed, etc   Answer Question

The position was going to be a step back from my current position.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was long they ask you different type of questions about your self, work experience also about how you handle different situations. But the manager is very cool dude he gives everybody a chance if you being honest.

Interview Questions

• They ask me how I dealt with a angry customer and how I handled the situation.   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Took longer than expected very disorganized took 5 hrs finish hiring process. Had multiple interviews scheduled at the same time so it made it impossible to really prioritize each interview.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter and only after that the actual department managers get to question a prospective employee. Everyone is pretty friendly. Ask to see the office during the interview to avoid first day scare.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Interview

phone call after submitted an on-line application, face-to-face after phone screen. submitted to hiring manager after face-to-face with recruiter. Once passed the hiring manager, was asked to take an on-line evaluation (psych test), and undergo a background check and a drug screen.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call four days later from HR to interview face to face in a week. Was given a tour when I got there. Met with warehouse supervisor for interview for approximately 30 mins. He read from a script not hard questions at all, but he asked the same questions throughout trying to trip me up on my experience. All in all it was a good interview. After the interview I was escorted to HR and was told that I was hired pending background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What concerns about this position do you have?   1 Answer

Produce Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robesonia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Robesonia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, basic background questions. Was able to get an understanding of my ability to fit in and hit the ground running.
    Another phone interview with the person I'd report to, and then an interview with him and his boss.

Was offered the position after the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were regarding my background and ability to work in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable.

Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in March 2016.

Interview

Sign up an application online. Got a call from HR within a few days told me the location of the warehouse. Were a few managers that will take you a tour in the warehouse and show you how the job works than the interview in a room with the managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice is this. Wear casual clothes and bring a binder or portfolio that will make you interested in the job. Stay positive, smile and act friendly as much as you can. Don't let the managers feel uncomfortable with you and show them you want to work at C&S and you enjoy it. Depends if you like the job or not. After the interview phase you be checked for backgrounds and drug test.