C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.3

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter and only after that the actual department managers get to question a prospective employee. Everyone is pretty friendly. Ask to see the office during the interview to avoid first day scare.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Interview

phone call after submitted an on-line application, face-to-face after phone screen. submitted to hiring manager after face-to-face with recruiter. Once passed the hiring manager, was asked to take an on-line evaluation (psych test), and undergo a background check and a drug screen.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call four days later from HR to interview face to face in a week. Was given a tour when I got there. Met with warehouse supervisor for interview for approximately 30 mins. He read from a script not hard questions at all, but he asked the same questions throughout trying to trip me up on my experience. All in all it was a good interview. After the interview I was escorted to HR and was told that I was hired pending background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What concerns about this position do you have?   1 Answer

Produce Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robesonia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Robesonia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, basic background questions. Was able to get an understanding of my ability to fit in and hit the ground running.
    Another phone interview with the person I'd report to, and then an interview with him and his boss.

Was offered the position after the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were regarding my background and ability to work in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable.

Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in March 2016.

Interview

Sign up an application online. Got a call from HR within a few days told me the location of the warehouse. Were a few managers that will take you a tour in the warehouse and show you how the job works than the interview in a room with the managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice is this. Wear casual clothes and bring a binder or portfolio that will make you interested in the job. Stay positive, smile and act friendly as much as you can. Don't let the managers feel uncomfortable with you and show them you want to work at C&S and you enjoy it. Depends if you like the job or not. After the interview phase you be checked for backgrounds and drug test.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Newburgh, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Call me to the office after work, asked my personal opinion about the current staff and how I can change it for the better. Then explained to me why trainer position was available. What they expected I each trainer.

Picker Interview

Interview

i believe it was a fair process.
    They contacted me via email and then a phone call in which they explained what the position was all about and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH).

Interview

Fairly simple. 1 quick phone call with the recruiter, she told me they want to move fairly quickly. I had an in person interview scheduled for next week the same day as the phone call.

In person was pleasant. I liked the hiring manager and VP. The atmosphere was a little intimidating. Huge room, lots of cubes and a lot of younger aged employees. Overall, they were nice and on time. Engaged and happy to be talking to me.

Interview Questions

• Back ground experience. How do I feel about Excel? Process improvements? Experience with SQL. Nothing out of the blue. It was more a conversation and normal dialogue than an interview. No awkward silence.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Bethlehem, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

MUltiple interviews, tour of warehouse and many questions asked by a few people. Good description of workplace and it was definitely an accurate portrait of the company. Was very honest with me in general and since then every other person, at least those in a position of authority/supervision

Interview Questions

• A recent example of working to solve a difficult problem at work   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and received a phone call back within a week. I first had a phone screening with the HR Supervisor, who then scheduled me for an interview with the HR Manager that week. I met with the HR Manager, and while the interview process went well, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
C&S Wholesale Grocers Merchandising Interview where do you see yourself in 5 years
C&S Wholesale Grocers Warehouse Incentive Selector Interview What concerns about this position do you have?
C&S Wholesale Grocers Produce Buyer Interview Robesonia, PA Most questions were regarding my background and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
C&S Wholesale Grocers Selector Interview How do you handle an angry employee?
C&S Wholesale Grocers Trainer Interview Newburgh, NY Why would you be a good trainer.
C&S Wholesale Grocers Picker Interview Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 5 years?
C&S Wholesale Grocers Senior Procurement Analyst Interview Keene, NH Back ground experience. How do I feel about Excel? Process improvements? Experience with SQL. Nothing out of the blue. It was more a conversation and normal dialogue than an interview. No awkward silence.
C&S Wholesale Grocers Warehouse Selector Interview Bethlehem, PA A recent example of working to solve a difficult problem at work
C&S Wholesale Grocers Payroll Specialist II Interview Bethlehem, PA Describe the culture of your current workplace.