C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions in Keene, NH | Glassdoor

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH).

Interview

Fairly simple. 1 quick phone call with the recruiter, she told me they want to move fairly quickly. I had an in person interview scheduled for next week the same day as the phone call.

In person was pleasant. I liked the hiring manager and VP. The atmosphere was a little intimidating. Huge room, lots of cubes and a lot of younger aged employees. Overall, they were nice and on time. Engaged and happy to be talking to me.

Interview Questions

• Back ground experience. How do I feel about Excel? Process improvements? Experience with SQL. Nothing out of the blue. It was more a conversation and normal dialogue than an interview. No awkward silence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

Their HR Department needs to rethink its processes. I applied for a position fresh out of college and received an interview. I did not have the experience they were looking for, but that is understandable and I was grateful for the opportunity. Fast forward a year, and you can't even get a reply from their HR Department! Their turnover rate is very high and they must be struggling to fill positions. The problem is compounded when they don't even get back to qualified candidates. I have seen that the position I originally applied for over 18 months ago, has been posted 4 times since they told me I did not have the experience for the position. Clearly, your hiring methods need re-evaluation if you are having that much trouble keeping somebody in that role. Try getting back to potential employees in a timely manner and maybe you will get the quality of candidate you are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name one time in your professional career that you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in December 2014.

Interview

Found myself doing the majority of the talking. I felt a positive vibe between the employees that worked there and I was provided a mini tour. They said they had a few more interviews and would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you tick. For example what drives you in life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

Completed the online interview which was very user friendly. I anticipated that it was going to be more difficult than it was, the questions were straight forward and not tricky at all.

Entry Level Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH).

Interview

Did an in person interview first at my university through recruiting, then was offered to travel to the company to interview there in a full day interview. Overall experience was great. I felt like the questions weren't that hard if you were qualified for the job and are interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• The case study. It wasn't really difficult, but I didn't really expect it. They just want to hear your thought process through the entire thing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview from a friendly person in HR. I was asked a number of questions about my background, experiences, and skills. The interview felt more like a placement interview than a filtering interview, though that may have been just the skill of the interviewer since I was not offered a job in the end. She was careful to ask me about what things I would be interested to do, describe the job in great detail, and tell me about things like salary, company environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. Everything was a question I had heard before from somewhere else. All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

-Basic phone interview with no abnormal questions.
    -Received a call a day later for an in person interview. Interviewed a couple days later with two senior buyers. Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Formal but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just express interest in the company itself   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with my offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screening then an in person interview. They don't grill you too badly, and everyone in HR is very helpful. No complaints about them at all! Everything moved very smoothly, and I was able to work well with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about C&S?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH).

Interview

Applied internally and spoke with two managers and the exec. The team is constantly growing in defining what areas we are analyzing and improving our audit methods. Fairly relaxed culture, plenty of time and room for freedom in what to work on. The team focuses on operations/warehouse audits, but has many ad-hoc audit requests from finance, buying side, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Keene, NH) in March 2013.

Interview

I connected with a Sr Recruiter by one of our mutual connections on Linkedin who introduce us. I talked with the Sr Recruiter a few days later by scheduled call and was invited onsite a few days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick - transparent - they answered all my questions