C1 Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone calls, IQ test online (insulting), in person interview. Everyone was nice, but their examples of case studies were pretty lame. If this is how they screen their candidates then I don't know how they stay in business. Some even seemed jealous of my experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to be a consultant.
    Would I move to NYC?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C1 Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very easy-- I had an initial phone interview with general HR questions. Then there was an online exam with very simple math and grammar questions. Finally a skype interview with a small case study involving market sizing and looking at a few graphs. Unfortunately company was sold before the final round of interview

Interview Questions

• What is one disappointing team experience you've recently had   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call, it took around 15 minutes, just basic questions about your background. Waited for a really long time to hear back from them. Second round was a written test and simple case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

This was a while back and I have since become employed, but I am hoping my review can help others. The initial interview was via phone. I was stood up for the original call until the HR person remembered to call me back. Upon passing the initial screening, I was given a paper (on some drug trial) and a standard homework assignment to write a report. Following that, there was a Skype interview, at which again, I was stood up before they finally rescheduled and called me again. This already left a bad taste in my mouth--if the company did not value an interviewer's time, one questions how they treat their employees.

I came onsite to the San Francisco office. I can't remember his name, but there was a senior consultant with a Ph.D. and he was a delight to speak with--honest and authentic. Beyond him, I did not really connect with the other employees. In addition to another one-to-one interviews, I had to complete a 1.5/2 hour timed test: use a template power point file to complete a presentation on yet another paper (pharmaceutical trials again). After giving that presentation, I gave a ~20 min talk on my previous scientific research.

The office had about 8 people total. I have the sense that most of the employees there were not very happy. The junior members seemed particularly nervous and jumpy. While the majority seemed to be easy to get along with, one of the office managers was constantly scowling and uninterested while I was presenting my research. I admit that this made me uncomfortable and probably deterred from my performance.

The job seems to require long hours, last minute calls, and a tolerance for a socially cold office climate. I had previously done research on the company before and the rumors that the consultants were rarely given enough training or guidance to do a good job are probably true.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a project when the client has a long list of demands and you have only one night to deliver? (Not really difficult so much as I wonder if they are looking for someone who would sacrifice their personal life for the job.)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C1 Consulting in March 2012.

Interview

Spoke with partner on the phone and established good reputation. Was then placed into the "formal" interviewing process. I received a phone call from the in-house recruiter for a skype meeting with another Sr. Consultant. Personality and fit skype interview, with online skills test against the clock. Skype interview was awkward but skills test was straight forward GMAT type questions.

The company seemed pretty disorganized however. Communication between the remote recruiter and partner did not translate into the same message. I received positive feedback from all and asked to come in-house. Abruptly, communication ended without followup.

All employees tele-work on Friday which was a positive for the firm culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about dealing with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process consists of 3 steps: phone, Skype, and in-person. This seemed strange, since I was well within driving/transit distance of the office, so I could have just done more in-person interviews instead.

Phone interview was a typical consulting personality interview with a senior consultant/manager ("What makes you a good fit," "I see on your resume that...," "Tell me about a time you..."). Skype interview was with a senior associate, and had extremely similar (sometimes identical) personality questions. Immediately before the Skype interview, there was an online aptitude test that was very easy: basic grammar/spelling, basic math, and 'rapid perception.'

I didn't get invited to the in-person interview, but the staff I talked to seemed intelligent and friendly. I wish they would give feedback for how they make their decisions, but that's almost unheard of in most companies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and learned from it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C1 Consulting in August 2008.

Interview

Phone interview as a screener.
    Ithree in person interviews - one with each partner and one with another consultant.
    Presentation - to show presentation skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, because the salary was standard form MBA graduates