C3 IoT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

3.4

General Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I took a OA first. 60 minutes with 3 coding problems and some multiple choice. After 2 days of OA I received skype interview invitation. The interviewer is very nice and it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Output all nodes of a tree without use stack or recursion.   1 Answer

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone screening
    Onsite 5 rounds. All technical questions. Mostly coding with some short design questions.
    If passed will interview with VP and CEO. These two rounds are mostly behavior questions and also on resume.

Interview Questions

• technical questions mostly derived from lc but are different   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

I went onsite for the interview. It was a four man interview process with two system architect problem and one technical problem. One of the questions was to improve on my previously written code and the other one was to architect a 'Restaurant' class, which I didn't do too well in.

Interview Questions

• given a number, find out if two prime numbers will add up to equal the target number.   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

First they gave online challenge and then telephony interview.
    After that they scheduled Skype interview with 3 people which lasted 3 hours - All fundamental machine learning questions and a screen shared coding round. Difficulty level was good and is easy to fumble if you are not theoretically strong.
    Another call scheduled for another round of 3 people skype interview. Another 3 hours of behavioral interviews (focused on the work I had done). They told me that there would be another round with CEO which will be the final round.
    Even though all the interviews went very well, they send me a reject next week. Can you believe it!
    So after giving 8 rounds of interviews in total(including coding challenge) and 8:30 hours spent interviewing with this company (excluding the number of hours I studied preparing), someone would expect at least expect valid reason from the company.
    They gave me most vague reason for not selecting me which does not even make any sense -
    "As for feedback, the team thought you were technically up to par, however there were just a few others in the pipeline who had a bit more experience in certain skills that could be applied to a few projects we are planning."
    I thought experience part is taken care of in the screening process itself. If they did not think that I was experienced enough(which is printed on the resume), why to bother even engaging me in the process?
    Thank you C3 for wasting my valuable time. Please at least read people's resume before engaging them in the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Process was efficient and very clear. First step was a phone screen (normal tell me about yourself and various projects you have worked on and how you went about solving them). Second step was an online coding test - some multiple choice questions on ML techniques and approaches (SVM, etc...). Also one coding problem - can be done in language you prefer.

Last step was an in person interview. Met with three member of the team, about 45 minutes each. We walked through projects I had worked on, ML techniques I had used with some questions surrounding results / other possible approaches, and testing understanding.

Entire process ran very smoothly - total time from beginning to end was a few weeks.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

The interview process involved 1 hacker rank test, 3 interviews with data scientists and 2 with executive leadership. It was extremely efficient and accommodating. HR and the team were very responsive to make any changes to the schedule. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Hacker rank test was straight-forward, tests on basic machine learning knowledge and programming. Next phase was 2 back to back interviews with the team focused on Machine Learning, problem solving and programming. Next round was with Principal Data Scientist, testing my skills on statistics and machine learning. He also explained about problems they are working on, company culture and work. They were very friendly, smart and overall it was a very pleasant experience.

I was scheduled the next 2 rounds of interviews with executive leadership next week. They were mainly focused on role and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Machine learning questions on Classification, Regression, Decision Trees.   Answer Question

Interview

I have recently started working at C3 IoT. Even from the interview process I could say that the group I was going to join included some of the brightest people I have met during my career (and I have been around). The process was extremely smooth and engaging. Starting with some entry interview tasks and questions, I had interviews with several members of the team that work within different projects in different areas. During this process it was clear that I was being evaluated not only based on my knowledge in specific areas, but also based on my ability to learn and grasp new concepts that could potentially be useful for the company now or in a future stage. I have to say now that I have started at C3 IoT, I can see the logic behind the interview process as the company is involved in different areas and constantly increasing its scope.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions corresponding to different aspects of data science and machine learning evaluating your range and depth in the area.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

I applied for the position of Software Developer at C3 IoT. After 1 day of applying, I received an email from a recruiter telling me that I was a fit for Solutions Engineer and not for Software Developer. The recruiter wanted to conduct a phone interview for the position of Solutions Engineer and asked me for my schedule.
    I immediately replied with my availability. After a couple of hours, I received an email saying I have been rejected and my application would not be moved further.

How unprofessional of them to first ask for a phone interview and then sending a rejection.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

Applied during summer of 2016. The entire process is very responsive and pleasant. First onsite was technical, emphasizing on machine learning and problem-solving. Second onsite was behavioral, meeting with VPs and CEO. It was really cool! One tip for the technical round: communication is key, explaining your thinking process can help you solving the problem!!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

First round: Skype call with a product manager.
    Technical test: Write a 4-page technical product spec.
    Second round: Four 30-min interviews with product managers.
    Third round: Four 45-min interviews with PMs.
    Fourth round: Interview with CEO.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a product that you recently created/designed/worked on?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the next big trend is in machine learning for enterprises?   Answer Question