C3 IoT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C3 IoT Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Interview

I have recently started working at C3 IoT. Even from the interview process I could say that the group I was going to join included some of the brightest people I have met during my career (and I have been around). The process was extremely smooth and engaging. Starting with some entry interview tasks and questions, I had interviews with several members of the team that work within different projects in different areas. During this process it was clear that I was being evaluated not only based on my knowledge in specific areas, but also based on my ability to learn and grasp new concepts that could potentially be useful for the company now or in a future stage. I have to say now that I have started at C3 IoT, I can see the logic behind the interview process as the company is involved in different areas and constantly increasing its scope.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions corresponding to different aspects of data science and machine learning evaluating your range and depth in the area.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Horrible. I had 3 interviews with C3. They completely wasted my time and led me on for weeks. They are just interviewing for affirmative action. They have government contracts and have to show they are interviewing women.
    They do not hire anyone just interview.

Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

C3 IoT Response

Apr 24, 2018 – C3 IoT

Please be assured we go to great efforts to select highly qualified personnel at C3 IoT who will be both successful and happy at our company. In the past year, we have been approached by over... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The recruiting process took 2+ month. Usually no feedback and the arrangement is a mess. You were told to have a panel interview but come with three different persons. Schedule with hr is time-consuming and very slow response.

Interview Questions

• ask about how to tune the hyperparameters and feature engineering   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I did an interview via skype with one of their developers. The atmosphere was relaxed and I could see the person talking to me. We discussed company's interests, my background and then there was a real time coding test via some online service where interviewer could directly see what I was coding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your favorite projects you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Write a function that returns true when number of things (N) can be precisely divided into boxes of 6, 9 and 20 => N = 6x + 9y + 20z   4 Answers

Software Engineer - Platform Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a initial phone screen. General questions on resume and a coding question to be solved in 45 mins. Its been over a month since my first interview and even after frequent follow ups, I have not heard back from them yet.

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

After the hackerrank challenge. They called me onsite twice.
    1. Interview with the team. Two technical interviews. One round with the hiring manager.
    2. Second day another technical interview. I had meeting with VP which was like 14 minutes. The other person didn't come.

Interview Questions

• Given a time series data. How will you check if time when maximum users have logged in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was recontacted a coupe of weeks later. I was asked to complete an online challenge (Machine Learning + coding questions). Then they scheduled 3 Skype interviews with team members. The first interview was behavioral and was asked to describe my work experience and data science projects. The second was a screen shared coding round with basic coding question. The third was mostly about Machine Learning and involved some challenging theoretical questions. A couple of days after they scheduled an interview with a lead ML engineer.

Forward Deployed Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process went by reasonably quickly (received an offer about a month and a half after applying online)

There were 4 steps in the interview process for me:
    - Take home coding assignment
    - 4 in-person technical and behavioral interviews (2 technical, 2 behavioral)
    - 1 Skype interview with a VP (behavioral)
    - In-persion interview (mainly behavioral for me, but often gets technical based on what I've heard) with the CEO

Everyone throughout the process was extremely helpful in guiding me and making sure I was prepared. All the people I met through the interviews were super excited about the company and work culture which was great to see.

Interview Questions

• Medium difficulty brainteasers, coding problems (just talking through the solution, no actual coding), and a high level data modeling question   Answer Question

Director of Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional doesn't even begin to describe the CTO. This arrogant (former Oracle) jerk walked in 20 minutes late into the interview and then walked out to take a call. He asked about existing position and then had the audacity to say we were doing it wrong.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current architecture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Rigorous interview process involving a phone screen, online test and 3 on-sites. Everyone was very welcoming and struck the right balance between friendly and professional. Technically thorough which I enjoyed and the interviewers make an effort to get to know you, making sure the culture fit is correct.

Interview Questions

• Machine learning questions about Random Forests, Gradient Tree Boosting and ROC curves. Also more general questions around background, experience and motivation.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

There was an online test (code challenge plus ML questions) followed by a phone screening. Then I got three on site interviews (ML, stats, white board coding and questions about my background). Final interview was with the VP of products and the chief product officer about my interest and background. Most questions were fundamental and not too hard. The stats interview was harder for me.

Interview Questions

• Explain bias variance, how do you know if your model has high bias or high variance?   Answer Question