C3 IoT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C3 IoT Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Interview

I have recently started working at C3 IoT. Even from the interview process I could say that the group I was going to join included some of the brightest people I have met during my career (and I have been around). The process was extremely smooth and engaging. Starting with some entry interview tasks and questions, I had interviews with several members of the team that work within different projects in different areas. During this process it was clear that I was being evaluated not only based on my knowledge in specific areas, but also based on my ability to learn and grasp new concepts that could potentially be useful for the company now or in a future stage. I have to say now that I have started at C3 IoT, I can see the logic behind the interview process as the company is involved in different areas and constantly increasing its scope.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions corresponding to different aspects of data science and machine learning evaluating your range and depth in the area.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

They are using a new 'format' for interviews where they invite everyone applying for the same job in at once to conference room (like a reality TV show), then give a half hazard sales overview pitch before breaking everyone up for interviews. It shows the lack of commitment and time they want to devote to finding the right candidate for each role. Its very awkward and degrading to each candidate as well. It felt like a Jim Jones cult meeting where Siebel is the Jim Jones micro manager everyone defers to. Strange place for sure.

Interview Questions

• Very degrading and belittling questions attempting to make people feel inferior. Very odd place. Can't imagine why they are having trouble hiring people.   Answer Question

Jun 13, 2018 – VP, Marketing

We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. C3 IoT has been hosting recruiting days since 2011, this is not a “new” format. In the past year C3 IoT doubled our workforce. We will double... More

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

C3 IoT recruiters came to my university's career fair. After giving them my resume I was contacted within a week and was sent a hackerrank assessment for the Data Scientist position. I was initially expecting to be in consideration for a Software Engineer - Application role. The assessment was mainly testing Machine Learning concepts. I did not get past this assessment, my machine learning concepts were weak.

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and received an email from the recruiter about a week and a half later for a phone screen.

After clearing the phone screen, I had a call with a director from the Sales team. The questions were mostly behavioral (background, why C3 IoT, my experience, etc.) but she did ask a lot of questions to make sure I understood what the company does and how they work.

I then moved on to the next round, which was a timed writing exam (given my a member of the strategy team). I had to create an outline for a response to a proposal, draft a 300-word proposal, and then edit a few paragraphs of marketing material. It took me the full hour but it was fairly easy.

After I submitted the exercise, I followed up twice and finally got a response a week and a half later saying everything was going really well and everyone on the team had approved and they were waiting for a VP to review who was traveling. I followed up again, twice, and heard nothing back and finally got a generic robo rejection email.

I don't mind being rejected but please don't tell me everything is going well and then ignoring me for two weeks and rejecting me right after with no feedback. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Another thing to note, this role is 90% focused on writing proposals with no real strategy work so don't be mislead by the title. The company is really cool and the salary is good but the role may not be what you are looking for.

Interview Questions

• What's your understanding of what C3 IoT does?   1 Answer

Jun 13, 2018 – VP, Marketing

Thanks for your comments. We have interviewed over 1700 candidates in the last 12 months – and the majority of them have had a positive, challenging, and rewarding interview experience. We recognize... More

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Horrible. I had 3 interviews with C3. They completely wasted my time and led me on for weeks. They are just interviewing for affirmative action. They have government contracts and have to show they are interviewing women.
    They do not hire anyone just interview.

Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

C3 IoT Response

Apr 24, 2018 – C3 IoT

Please be assured we go to great efforts to select highly qualified personnel at C3 IoT who will be both successful and happy at our company. In the past year, we have been approached by over... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The recruiting process took 2+ month. Usually no feedback and the arrangement is a mess. You were told to have a panel interview but come with three different persons. Schedule with hr is time-consuming and very slow response.

Interview Questions

• ask about how to tune the hyperparameters and feature engineering   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Platform Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a initial phone screen. General questions on resume and a coding question to be solved in 45 mins. Its been over a month since my first interview and even after frequent follow ups, I have not heard back from them yet.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I did an interview via skype with one of their developers. The atmosphere was relaxed and I could see the person talking to me. We discussed company's interests, my background and then there was a real time coding test via some online service where interviewer could directly see what I was coding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your favorite projects you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Write a function that returns true when number of things (N) can be precisely divided into boxes of 6, 9 and 20 => N = 6x + 9y + 20z   4 Answers

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

After the hackerrank challenge. They called me onsite twice.
    1. Interview with the team. Two technical interviews. One round with the hiring manager.
    2. Second day another technical interview. I had meeting with VP which was like 14 minutes. The other person didn't come.

Interview Questions

• Given a time series data. How will you check if time when maximum users have logged in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was recontacted a coupe of weeks later. I was asked to complete an online challenge (Machine Learning + coding questions). Then they scheduled 3 Skype interviews with team members. The first interview was behavioral and was asked to describe my work experience and data science projects. The second was a screen shared coding round with basic coding question. The third was mostly about Machine Learning and involved some challenging theoretical questions. A couple of days after they scheduled an interview with a lead ML engineer.

Forward Deployed Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process went by reasonably quickly (received an offer about a month and a half after applying online)

There were 4 steps in the interview process for me:
    - Take home coding assignment
    - 4 in-person technical and behavioral interviews (2 technical, 2 behavioral)
    - 1 Skype interview with a VP (behavioral)
    - In-persion interview (mainly behavioral for me, but often gets technical based on what I've heard) with the CEO

Everyone throughout the process was extremely helpful in guiding me and making sure I was prepared. All the people I met through the interviews were super excited about the company and work culture which was great to see.

Interview Questions

• Medium difficulty brainteasers, coding problems (just talking through the solution, no actual coding), and a high level data modeling question   Answer Question