C3 IoT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C3 IoT Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2018

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Interview

I have recently started working at C3 IoT. Even from the interview process I could say that the group I was going to join included some of the brightest people I have met during my career (and I have been around). The process was extremely smooth and engaging. Starting with some entry interview tasks and questions, I had interviews with several members of the team that work within different projects in different areas. During this process it was clear that I was being evaluated not only based on my knowledge in specific areas, but also based on my ability to learn and grasp new concepts that could potentially be useful for the company now or in a future stage. I have to say now that I have started at C3 IoT, I can see the logic behind the interview process as the company is involved in different areas and constantly increasing its scope.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions corresponding to different aspects of data science and machine learning evaluating your range and depth in the area.   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

After the hackerrank challenge. They called me onsite twice.
    1. Interview with the team. Two technical interviews. One round with the hiring manager.
    2. Second day another technical interview. I had meeting with VP which was like 14 minutes. The other person didn't come.

Interview Questions

• Given a time series data. How will you check if time when maximum users have logged in?   1 Answer

Director of Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional doesn't even begin to describe the CTO. This arrogant (former Oracle) jerk walked in 20 minutes late into the interview and then walked out to take a call. He asked about existing position and then had the audacity to say we were doing it wrong.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current architecture.   1 Answer

Sales Ops and Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied for a Sales Ops and a Product position - did not have any referrals. Both hiring Managers got in touch with me directly which was exciting. For one, was called for an on-site after a phone interview. Interview was in my sweet spot. Also did a presentation and an editing and writing assignment. I miscalculated the allotted time, and did not complete the written assignment, leaving me to wonder how it played into the decision. The presentation was well-received, got an immediate nod when I offered to email it afterwards. Really disappointed as there no offer or feedback as I would have been able to contribute significantly to this company.
    For the second, I had a phone interview, did not get called on-site. The hiring manager was amazing, he was nice enough to call me in person to let me know he would not proceed and urged me to apply for other positions with the company. I thought that was considerate. I would have liked a more challenging and technical phone interview in case it helped me talk more about my core competencies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I cannot begin to say enough about how positive my experience was with this company. The people here truly care about your best interests as an individual, and I'm sure that they are incredible to work with.

Having gone through the interview process, I'm extremely confident in the future success of this company. The people leading it are fantastic, and the passion for what they do is abundantly clear.

Ultimately, it ended up not being the best for me, but I hope you consider this company and get to work with these great people.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional interview process. Ready to interview here , if you don't mind wasting your time .
    My initial interview was scheduled and went well . I was told that I will be called for 2nd round of interview and I provided my available days & time slot.

Then there is no commination at all from recruiter even after few follow ups . I had cancelled my holiday trip because of the interview plan.
     Then I got email after few weeks , stating guy who took my interview no more working for the company! So they are not even considering me for further interview .
    This is ridicules. If the new guy could have been talked to me and decide , if I fit to this role or not, since I was already in process .

Interview Questions

• most of them are generic questions and some of them are specific to job title.   Answer Question

General Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I took a OA first. 60 minutes with 3 coding problems and some multiple choice. After 2 days of OA I received skype interview invitation. The interviewer is very nice and it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Output all nodes of a tree without use stack or recursion.   1 Answer

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone screening
    Onsite 5 rounds. All technical questions. Mostly coding with some short design questions.
    If passed will interview with VP and CEO. These two rounds are mostly behavior questions and also on resume.

Interview Questions

• technical questions mostly derived from lc but are different   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

First they gave online challenge and then telephony interview.
    After that they scheduled Skype interview with 3 people which lasted 3 hours - All fundamental machine learning questions and a screen shared coding round. Difficulty level was good and is easy to fumble if you are not theoretically strong.
    Another call scheduled for another round of 3 people skype interview. Another 3 hours of behavioral interviews (focused on the work I had done). They told me that there would be another round with CEO which will be the final round.
    Even though all the interviews went very well, they send me a reject next week. Can you believe it!
    So after giving 8 rounds of interviews in total(including coding challenge) and 8:30 hours spent interviewing with this company (excluding the number of hours I studied preparing), someone would expect at least expect valid reason from the company.
    They gave me most vague reason for not selecting me which does not even make any sense -
    "As for feedback, the team thought you were technically up to par, however there were just a few others in the pipeline who had a bit more experience in certain skills that could be applied to a few projects we are planning."
    I thought experience part is taken care of in the screening process itself. If they did not think that I was experienced enough(which is printed on the resume), why to bother even engaging me in the process?
    Thank you C3 for wasting my valuable time. Please at least read people's resume before engaging them in the interview process.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3 IoT.

Interview

I went onsite for the interview. It was a four man interview process with two system architect problem and one technical problem. One of the questions was to improve on my previously written code and the other one was to architect a 'Restaurant' class, which I didn't do too well in.

Interview Questions

• given a number, find out if two prime numbers will add up to equal the target number.   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3 IoT (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Process was efficient and very clear. First step was a phone screen (normal tell me about yourself and various projects you have worked on and how you went about solving them). Second step was an online coding test - some multiple choice questions on ML techniques and approaches (SVM, etc...). Also one coding problem - can be done in language you prefer.

Last step was an in person interview. Met with three member of the team, about 45 minutes each. We walked through projects I had worked on, ML techniques I had used with some questions surrounding results / other possible approaches, and testing understanding.

Entire process ran very smoothly - total time from beginning to end was a few weeks.