C3.ai Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C3.ai

1 Interview Review

2.0

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed recently at C3IoT for an associate product manager role. I was super excited for this role and did a lot of research on the company, watched their product demo videos to understand more about them.

My interview was scheduled over Skype for 30 minutes. The interviewer arrived 20 minutes late and told me that we have only 10 minutes to talk and he would leave after 10 minutes. This thing kinda gave me a hint that they might have already decided to go with someone else and interviewing me only for a formality because of no one interview a person for only 10 minutes.

Out of the 10 minutes, the interviewer took approx 2 min. telling me about the company and the role and what they are looking for in a candidate. Then he asked me why I wanted to join C3IoT and why this role? I told him whatever I could in 2 minutes. Then he asked me a use case from one of my project I did in 2014 and unfortunately I could not recall that. I agree I should have expected that question and have prepared for it but BAMM! time over and he told me he has to leave. I was very sure I am not gonna get in but it was very disappointing that a candidate was given only 10 min. I prepared all the frameworks used in product management, learned about the company, it's product etc. but everything turned out to be useless. It was not a senior position interview rather an associate level and it appeared to me that they were expecting a highly experienced candidate. I didn't give any false information in my resume while applying, neither did I say that I have plenty of product management experience yet I received an interview call so, it appeared to me that they might be interested in my other experience and skills well otherwise why would they interview me?

However, it turned out to be the waste of time for both me and them. I had a genuine interest in joining C3Iot because I am an admirer of Thomas Siebel from a long time and believe in his mission of using technology in philanthropic efforts but greatly disappointed by the recruitment team and the interviewer.

Maybe I was not a suitable candidate for the role but I hope now onwards, the interviewee will be given ample amount of time to talk about his skills and work or would be offered another time slot, if the interviewer is busy.

Thank you.

Interview Questions

C3.ai Response

Apr 3, 2017 – C3 IoT

We sincerely apologize for your negative interview experience with C3 IoT. We are sorry that your interviewer arrived so late and left early – and that you were not given a fair chance to engage and... More