C3.ai Data Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C3.ai

3.5

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process at C3 is extremely disorganized and disrespectful. I had a phone screen with a software engineer after which I was told that they are interested in discussing further. After two weeks' of silence I wrote to the HR director and she told me that someone was supposed to send me a puzzle but it never happened. I then took a couple of days to solve the puzzle and sent it back immediately. It was another two weeks' silence after which I had a phone screen with a team. The phone screen was the best part of the process because the person I spoke with was very talented and seemed to care about me. I was then invited on site. I had to drive for more than an hour to get to their office. The hiring manager told me I had three confirmed interviews. However, after my first interview, they seemed to run out of interviewers because of meetings and I believe that the software engineer who came in next did not expect to interview me and she threw a random coding problem at me which had nothing to do with the role I was interviewing for. Neither mentioned the puzzle I solved, the first interviewer even asked me what interview processes I had went through. I was then told to leave and was expected to visit them again if they wanted to proceed further. I did not feel respected and cared about throughout the process and regret spending a whole weekend on their puzzle.

Other Interview Reviews for C3.ai

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Overall, a good experience. Started with an interviewstreet.com programming test (rather hard for one hour if problems are unfamiliar), then interactive coding over Skype, then an on-site with four people who all asked different types of whiteboard puzzles. Final interview is with managers and eventually the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for mathematical formulation questions. Whiteboard coding is a must. The culture is more buttoned-down than the typical jeans-and-tshirt tech startup.   Answer Question