C3.ai Data Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C3.ai Data Science Interview Questions

Interviews at C3.ai

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

There was an online test (code challenge plus ML questions) followed by a phone screening. Then I got three on site interviews (ML, stats, white board coding and questions about my background). Final interview was with the VP of products and the chief product officer about my interest and background. Most questions were fundamental and not too hard. The stats interview was harder for me.

Interview Questions

• Explain bias variance, how do you know if your model has high bias or high variance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C3.ai

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

The interview process involved 1 hacker rank test, 3 interviews with data scientists and 2 with executive leadership. It was extremely efficient and accommodating. HR and the team were very responsive to make any changes to the schedule. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Hacker rank test was straight-forward, tests on basic machine learning knowledge and programming. Next phase was 2 back to back interviews with the team focused on Machine Learning, problem solving and programming. Next round was with Principal Data Scientist, testing my skills on statistics and machine learning. He also explained about problems they are working on, company culture and work. They were very friendly, smart and overall it was a very pleasant experience.

I was scheduled the next 2 rounds of interviews with executive leadership next week. They were mainly focused on role and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Machine learning questions on Classification, Regression, Decision Trees.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai in December 2018.

Interview

Started with an online test on hackerrank containing 8-9 questions on machine learning fundamentals and one coding question which was fairly straightforward.
    This was followed by a short video interview discussing candidate resume and experience.
    I was then informed of an interview with 3 rounds of half an hour each which was terminated after the first session in my case even after it went perfect.

Interview Questions

• If one gets 570 heads on 1000 coin tosses, how can it be determined whether it is a fair coin or not?   Answer Question