C3.ai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C3.ai Interview Questions

Interviews at C3.ai

3.2

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai in April 2018.

Interview

Brought in 3 times over the course of 5 years. Each time I would go through the same process and people. This would be over the course of 3w and by the final interview, I would get favorable results...... then the communication ceases. No more feedback, no more communications, no replies back, nothing. Months pass by and I ask "so how's the process going?".... the response "oh, we decided to eliminate the role". Well for a company that creates and eliminates the same role over and over again for 5 years must be pretty directionless. Probably for the best that they didn't make an offer.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Jose, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

- Applied online and recruiter got in contact and scheduled a phone screen with a senior person in the IT dept.
    - Phone screen was basically a run thru the resume and asked basic questions and ended in 20 min. I figured that the interviewer was expected someone with more experience than what I had. Got a reject after a couple of days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite with relatively interesting questions, more difficult and algorithmic in nature than what most tech companies ask (probably on par with Google/Facebook/Linkedin). I felt like I gave reasonably good answers to all questions and my coding was near-perfect, but I received feedback that I did not "match the profile they're looking for". Not clear if they expected better answers, or if they just didn't like me on a more personal level.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed recently at C3IoT for an associate product manager role. I was super excited for this role and did a lot of research on the company, watched their product demo videos to understand more about them.

My interview was scheduled over Skype for 30 minutes. The interviewer arrived 20 minutes late and told me that we have only 10 minutes to talk and he would leave after 10 minutes. This thing kinda gave me a hint that they might have already decided to go with someone else and interviewing me only for a formality because of no one interview a person for only 10 minutes.

Out of the 10 minutes, the interviewer took approx 2 min. telling me about the company and the role and what they are looking for in a candidate. Then he asked me why I wanted to join C3IoT and why this role? I told him whatever I could in 2 minutes. Then he asked me a use case from one of my project I did in 2014 and unfortunately I could not recall that. I agree I should have expected that question and have prepared for it but BAMM! time over and he told me he has to leave. I was very sure I am not gonna get in but it was very disappointing that a candidate was given only 10 min. I prepared all the frameworks used in product management, learned about the company, it's product etc. but everything turned out to be useless. It was not a senior position interview rather an associate level and it appeared to me that they were expecting a highly experienced candidate. I didn't give any false information in my resume while applying, neither did I say that I have plenty of product management experience yet I received an interview call so, it appeared to me that they might be interested in my other experience and skills well otherwise why would they interview me?

However, it turned out to be the waste of time for both me and them. I had a genuine interest in joining C3Iot because I am an admirer of Thomas Siebel from a long time and believe in his mission of using technology in philanthropic efforts but greatly disappointed by the recruitment team and the interviewer.

Maybe I was not a suitable candidate for the role but I hope now onwards, the interviewee will be given ample amount of time to talk about his skills and work or would be offered another time slot, if the interviewer is busy.

Thank you.

Interview Questions

C3.ai Response

Apr 3, 2017 – C3 IoT

We sincerely apologize for your negative interview experience with C3 IoT. We are sorry that your interviewer arrived so late and left early – and that you were not given a fair chance to engage and... More

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of an initial phone screen, discussing the role and my experience. 1st in person round consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager and VP of Finance. 2nd round involved 1 on 1 interviews with HR Director and CFO and final stage was a 1 on 1 interview with the CEO. Thorough and professional process, with open communication throughout.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was professional and quick. I met with a team of people all on one day, submitted a 30/60/90 day presentation, then met with Tom and was verbally offered he job that day.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at C3.ai in April 2017.

Interview

one phone call with technical questions and company/team/role introduction. Was invite to onsite but I already got some offers and this position is not aligned well with my career goal so didn't go to onsite.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

I applied for the position of Software Developer at C3 IoT. After 1 day of applying, I received an email from a recruiter telling me that I was a fit for Solutions Engineer and not for Software Developer. The recruiter wanted to conduct a phone interview for the position of Solutions Engineer and asked me for my schedule.
    I immediately replied with my availability. After a couple of hours, I received an email saying I have been rejected and my application would not be moved further.

How unprofessional of them to first ask for a phone interview and then sending a rejection.

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai in May 2017.

Interview

This is very similar to another experience that I read on Glassdoor. I had initially applied for the Software Engineer - Applications position, and was told that my profile matched the requirements for the Solution Engineer role. This was followed by a detailed 45 min call with a Solution Architect. I was sent a HackerRank test which had standard questions and a few easy MCQs. I nailed the test and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a date for the first skype interview. However, the day before the interview, I was informed that the interviewer wasn't available anymore on that date. The interview was rescheduled. To my surprise, I got a phone call from the hiring manager (instead of a skype call) and was told that I wasn't a good fit for the position and that my profile matched with another position that they had. He was supposed to email me the job description for that role, but I never heard again from any C3iot employee again! I wish they had reviewed my profile properly the first time. Would've saved everyone's time that way!

Interview Questions

• Typical HackerRank questions. Nothing extraordinary. In fact I don't even remember the questions anymore.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

I went onsite for the interview. It was a four man interview process with two system architect problem and one technical problem. One of the questions was to improve on my previously written code and the other one was to architect a 'Restaurant' class, which I didn't do too well in.

Interview Questions

• given a number, find out if two prime numbers will add up to equal the target number.   2 Answers