C3.ai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C3.ai

3.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Mateo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was simple, and we all know how long the interview process can take. I found the job posting on Linkedin and applied. I met with the external recruiter who was great, gave me all the details needed to present me to C3. Upon completion of the presentation I went in for in person interviews, and once completed with the interviews I submitted my references. Upon completion of reference checks, the C3 team presented me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would I best priortize my workload in an environment that is constantly changing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pending vacations, which was extremely important to me. We negotiated an accelerated start date in order to accomodate my request and it worked out great.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial Screening: phone conversation with a couple of C3 executives.
    First Round: 4-5 30 minute conversational interviews by potential peers and executive leadership. Focus on capabilities and problem solving.
    Second Round: interview with CEO.

Interview Questions

• Technical conversation seeking insight into past work history and potential.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional interview process. Ready to interview here , if you don't mind wasting your time .
    My initial interview was scheduled and went well . I was told that I will be called for 2nd round of interview and I provided my available days & time slot.

Then there is no commination at all from recruiter even after few follow ups . I had cancelled my holiday trip because of the interview plan.
     Then I got email after few weeks , stating guy who took my interview no more working for the company! So they are not even considering me for further interview .
    This is ridicules. If the new guy could have been talked to me and decide , if I fit to this role or not, since I was already in process .

Interview Questions

• most of them are generic questions and some of them are specific to job title.   Answer Question

Director of Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional doesn't even begin to describe the CTO. This arrogant (former Oracle) jerk walked in 20 minutes late into the interview and then walked out to take a call. He asked about existing position and then had the audacity to say we were doing it wrong.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current architecture.   1 Answer

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone screening
    Onsite 5 rounds. All technical questions. Mostly coding with some short design questions.
    If passed will interview with VP and CEO. These two rounds are mostly behavior questions and also on resume.

Interview Questions

• technical questions mostly derived from lc but are different   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and transparent about the job expectations. I enjoyed meeting a wide range of employees during the process. Some of the interviews were conducted in open, common office areas within ear-shot of other employees - not for the shy! Onboarding went very quickly. You are expected to jump into the work and do more than 100%.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process at C3 is extremely disorganized and disrespectful. I had a phone screen with a software engineer after which I was told that they are interested in discussing further. After two weeks' of silence I wrote to the HR director and she told me that someone was supposed to send me a puzzle but it never happened. I then took a couple of days to solve the puzzle and sent it back immediately. It was another two weeks' silence after which I had a phone screen with a team. The phone screen was the best part of the process because the person I spoke with was very talented and seemed to care about me. I was then invited on site. I had to drive for more than an hour to get to their office. The hiring manager told me I had three confirmed interviews. However, after my first interview, they seemed to run out of interviewers because of meetings and I believe that the software engineer who came in next did not expect to interview me and she threw a random coding problem at me which had nothing to do with the role I was interviewing for. Neither mentioned the puzzle I solved, the first interviewer even asked me what interview processes I had went through. I was then told to leave and was expected to visit them again if they wanted to proceed further. I did not feel respected and cared about throughout the process and regret spending a whole weekend on their puzzle.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Overall, a good experience. Started with an interviewstreet.com programming test (rather hard for one hour if problems are unfamiliar), then interactive coding over Skype, then an on-site with four people who all asked different types of whiteboard puzzles. Final interview is with managers and eventually the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for mathematical formulation questions. Whiteboard coding is a must. The culture is more buttoned-down than the typical jeans-and-tshirt tech startup.   Answer Question

Data Modeler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

Was very good. All interviewers very very friendly. Two technical interviews followed by interviews with the VP, SVP and finally the CEO. Company responds promptly and everything is very transparent
    All interviews were on skype and no onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      Some questions on collabedit
      A question on UI implementation, one question on recursion (http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-possible-words-phone-digits/) and one question on database   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Mateo, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

After applying online, I was first phone screened by the Human Resources department. From that point, I was brought in to meet with hiring managers where I met with two of them that day. After that, I was called in to meet with the CEO and shortly after, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe, in detail, my largest project that I completed from design to implementation.   Answer Question