C3.ai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at C3.ai

3.2

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Mateo, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

After applying online, I was first phone screened by the Human Resources department. From that point, I was brought in to meet with hiring managers where I met with two of them that day. After that, I was called in to meet with the CEO and shortly after, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe, in detail, my largest project that I completed from design to implementation.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I had two different phone calls. Then I was invited to do a HackerRank test. The HackerRank test was very, very difficult. I was able to finish all three questions, but I had some private test cases wrong. At the end I got more than 81% done but I still received a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Finishing a HackerRank test with three different questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. My interview process consisted of
    1) 1x1 Behavioral Phone Screen with the hiring manager
    2) HackerRank coding challenge
    3) Technical Phone Screen with a Forward Deployed Engineer
    4) Onsite with 3 people - 2 behavior, 1 whiteboard. About 2.5 to 3 hours.
    5) Onsite with VP + CPO. Around 30 minutes to an hour
    6) Onsite with CEO. Around 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: standard questions
      Technical: Data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Delivery Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3.ai in April 2017.

Interview

I received the interview invite through employee referral. I visited office of C3IoT which I found very dynamic.
    I went through 8 rounds of interview overall with hiring manager, Director of Products, Account Manager, Customer Service VP, SVP, CPO & CEO. The whole interview process took overall approx. 4 weeks. At one point of time during my interview process, I was running against time and the whole C3IoT team made sure that the rest of the interviews are done within my time frame. It was an awesome experience knowing that I was really wanted and that everyone at C3 made sure that I excel in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were primarily concentrated on what I have done in my previous projects and what value I bring on the table for C3.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (San Francisco, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

applied online. got the first response within a few days but it was just downhill from there. after the first email, it took me a couple of weeks to get on the interviewers calendar. The first interview was generic and went well. Then i was given a written assignment - so and so customer is facing a problem but using IOT and ML, they can save a lot of money. What will be the solution and your approach.

I did a thorough validation of the problem, created personas with screens, identified data sources and AI algorithms, identified metrics that will be used. Basically, all aspects of product design were covered. After I submitted the assignment, I didn't hear from the C3 contact for a few days. Then I reminded them still no response. Finally, they responded with the feedback that my assignment didn't meet the bar because "i didn't identify which columns from which tables will be used to calculate the metrics"...

I was stunned but then realized that if that's how they measure innovation then it is not a good fit anyway...

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very engaging, smooth and pleasant. Every single person I spoke to impressed me with their questions, sharp insights and passion for their job. Interview process ranged from questions about my background to discussion around data science and my previous projects. Great energy throughout the process and smooth logistics

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

First round: Skype call with a product manager.
    Technical test: Write a 4-page technical product spec.
    Second round: Four 30-min interviews with product managers.
    Third round: Four 45-min interviews with PMs.
    Fourth round: Interview with CEO.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a product that you recently created/designed/worked on?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the next big trend is in machine learning for enterprises?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Recruiting was very well organized and I was kept up to date about status after each step. Office culture is collaborative and team-oriented. Advice: be prepared to discuss specific roles and professional accomplishments you have had in the past and why/how these experiences will enable you to contribute immediately to C3.

Interview Questions

• What challenges will you face in the role for which you are interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on base pay and bonus based on current compensation and other potential opportunities.

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C3.ai (Champaign, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview process involves:
    1. 1 general background understanding and screening with a senior member
    2. Hacker-rank coding challenge (Medium level questions from Hacker-rank)- I had practiced really well so I was able to crack all 3 questions in the challenge
    3. Technical phone interview with a Forward Deployed Engineer- They use codeshare.io for live coding. Scenarios provided were unique. I did not go beyond this step.
    4. Next round would have been a set of on-site interviews, technical + behavioral

Interview Questions

• Given an array/list that contains boolean values for a system being in a failed state, figure out the fastest way to find the index of the first version that failed given that once the system fails it remains in the failed state. For e.g. given a list like [False, False, False, False, ...., False, True, True, True, True, True], write an algorithm that finds the index of the FIRST occurrence of 'True' in the FASTEST time.   2 Answers

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I started speaking on the phone with 3 of the team members, then visited onsite twice to meet with more of the team and CEO in person. I appreciated that the goal of the interview process was focused on making sure that C3 was a good fit for me, my skill set, and my career goals.

Interview Questions

• Please write a generic function that performs a specific operation on time series data.   3 Answers