C3.ai Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C3.ai Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at C3.ai

3.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through careers section . First round is Skype Interview. I was asked two questions. Could not solve the second one. Ample time will be given to solve it

Interview Questions

• 1) Program to print 10 * 10 multiplication table
    2) http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-possible-words-phone-digits/   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for C3.ai

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on Hackerrank. The whole process took about 3 weeks. I had a phone screen, a virtual onsite, then separate Skype calls with VP of Engineering, CPO, and CEO. Interview questions are of medium difficulty. Everyone I've talked to are smart and nice. The hiring manager called me several times before my interview with the CEO to answer questions I have about the company and prepared me for the interview. I accepted the offer because I trusted CEO's ability to lead this company to success, I believe the product will make a huge impact in the corporate world, and I like to work with the people I met during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode questions, and behavioral questions with management.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I initially heard about the job from an email sent to a university student list. I followed up and was referred internally. I was sent a HackerRank challenge which consisted of a straightforward programming task and a couple of machine learning questions. Then I scheduled an in-person interview. I met with two people (though I was supposed to meet with three) and they asked questions about projects I worked on and whiteboard coding problems.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project that you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Write a function that is given a number n and returns all numbers between 0 and n that are divisible by some other number (or something like that... I don't exactly remember).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process takes about one month. I interviewed at c3 iot office at redwood city. I applied at on-campus career fair and was invited to an on-site interview. I was asked to solve 3 coding questions and explain my projects and some behavioral questions and the final round will be meeting the CEO. It is a very great company with huge potential and the people there are so helpful and nice.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First phone screened then brought onsite. I had 3 technical interviews on site then back to phone calls with upper management. Brought in one last time for final interview with the CEO. Throughout the process everyone was vetting and helping me make sure I got through to the next round. Being coached through the process from within the team made me feel very excited to join the company as they wanted me to succeed just as much as I did.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C3.ai.

Interview

Applied online and was given 3 HackerRank questions to do in 45 minutes. Two of them were medium level problems you can find about trees and arrays. The third one was ridiculously difficult as it was a NP-Hard TSP. The allotted 45 minutes was definitely not enough to finish all 3 problems in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at C3.ai (Redwood City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The team was very responsive in the process and I started out doing a phone interview and this led to an onsite interview. A very smart engineering and management team who put me through some difficult design and coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Find max k elements among mostly sorted list.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an initial tech screen then an on-site. The tech screen comprised of CSS while the on-site was leet-code, algorithm/data structure. If you love solving linked lists and binary search trees, then this is a place to apply for. Other than that, it's a massive waste of time. One of the interviewers ended it 15 minutes early. It was quite dis-respectful.

The recruiter offered to ride compensation but ghosted right after. Not a proper way to treat candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tech Screen: Build a checker board.
      Onsites:
       Find the min-sum of a triangle.
       Create a copy of a Linked List with unique pointer properties.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C3.ai (Paris (France)) in April 2018.

Interview

Surprisingly I received the call from the recruiter three months after I applied online via glassdoor. I had thought that my resume didn't even go to their hand. The process begins by a technical test on Hackerank. Three problems in total at lc easy/median level, to resolve in 60 minutes. Then I had two phone screens with the director of service and the manager. Each went about half an hour. I was later invited for two onsite technical interviews. Several days after the onsite interview, I got a rejection from them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C3.ai (Paris (France)) in September 2018.

Interview

I made it through to the 5th stage (with two further stages if I passed this). As I was applying from outside France all the stages were done remotely via Skype. The 5 stages were a 60 minutes online coding challenge, an interview with hiring manager, a 45 minute technical interview, an interview with senior management and another 45 minute technical interview.

The process was pleasant until I reached the 2nd technical interview where I was given a very inexperienced interviewer. First he wasn't sure how to use the code collaboration website so we had to use a different one. Then he didn’t seem to know how the List interface in Java works. Then towards the end of the interview on the last problem I was a little unsure what to do. Instead of offering me any hints or guidance he just let me follow my own path (which turned out not to be quite right). Then unfortunately I ran out of time so didn't have time to attempt an alternative solution.

Whilst I understand that interviewers need to start somewhere, I don't think they should be interviewing on their own, particularly for someone who has gotten so far in the process already.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to determine if a string is a palindrome   1 Answer
    • Write a program which given a list of numbers and a parameter k, returns the top k numbers which appear most frequently   Answer Question
    • Given a sorted list of numbers which has had some k numbers moved from the front of the list to the end of the list, write a program to find k (in O(log n) time)   2 Answers