CA Technologies Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Day 1 -Recruiter contacted
    Day 2 - Phone screen - why are you looking for new job, tell me about yourself, recent achievement that you can proud on, couple basic java questions (what is garbage collection, what is checked and unchecked exceptions)
    Day4- onsite interview -- Mostly background and what i am doing in my current job. some java questions

Interview Questions

• what is static block, method overloading and overriding, what is call by reference, diff between c++ and java etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial HR screening. Technical over phone.Fly to Boston to meet team and another technical round. Basically they see cultural fit as well as technical capability to fit in to role. Manager is super cool made me comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Write recursive algorithm In any of the language u r choice   Answer Question
    • You have 4 Gig Ram available n 20 gig file to be processed . Explain how do you do that   Answer Question

Good

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called in for one interview and met with my manager and team leader. They were professional, direct, and friendly.

Negotiation

as an intern they just told me and I accepted

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen first with the Director of Software Engineering. I then met him and the directors of a few other teams in person. I had to go back a second time to meet with Director of Software Engineering one more time, then an offer was made.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process, aside from the heat in the room, was a blast. Both interviewers were friendly, professional, and excited, both about me as a candidate, and what they do at the company.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online few months before my college graduation. It took almost six months before i heard back from them. And it was for an Associate Software Engineer position. The interview process was easy at the time (08/2012). I stayed with the company almost 4yrs. Also also had the chance to interview other new college grads. They don't do coding skills test, just normal personality and questions from looking at your resume

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about college classes and projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

Associate don't get to negotiate because they all coming at a fix rate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone chat with the recruiter, followed by a mandatory on-line assessment (personality + iq). Then phone with the hiring manager, followed by 2 sets of group interviews 4-5 hours each. Quick decision making, no bull before, during, or after the interviews. Highly technical people, friendly, but thorough in probing your skills. Not a single idiotic question (sort of "...tell us why are you the best candidate?" - none of that), technical, no-nonsense. Very positive overall impression from the interviews.

Interview Questions

25% what I read on this board, 30% feedback from former employees I know, 25% weakish benefits, sucky work environment and commute (remoting discouraged, yak...) The rest is - the job didn't sound too appealing to me either.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

In general and in a word: lengthy, but then again quite meticulous as far goes both interviewing wide and deep in the hiring organization and among the constituents.

Interview Questions

• In the "unexpected category"; "define marketing, please?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely room to negotiate, and also relying on industry data and best practices.

Advisor, Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward: phone screening with HR and hiring manager. Then in person interviews on one day with about 5 team members. The process took a long time to complete. Some paperwork was lost and the background check took a long time. They did not drug test, like EMC did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered to cover the value of the unvested stock that I had to give up to leave EMC and come to CA as a one time signing bonus. They also added 10% to what I was making at EMC and added another 10% for the raise that I was expecting to get had I stayed at EMC.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

1 phone screening interview to establish if you have worked in a team environment and basic questions from your skills mentioned in your resume etc.

Next was a 5 hour on site interview with 5 team members, each member taking about 1 hour. Due to the nature of the products that CA builds, the focus was more on abstract computer science concepts as opposed to a particular language like Java. Although they asked programming language specific questions but what they were looking for was solid fundamentals on computer science concepts. Questions like deadlock resolution techniques and algorithms, concurrency issues, performance issues, data structures etc. The focus was heavily on technical and analytical skills and little on soft skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some specific deadlock resolution/prevention algorithms which are very efficient and asked to apply it to a situation the interviewer explained.   Answer Question