CA Technologies Energy and Sustainability Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CA Technologies Energy and Sustainability Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Energy and Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, a phone interview, and an in-person interview with the hiring manager and a telepresence group panel interview. Phone screen was easy, the recruiter was friendly and the interview wasn't technical. This is a new type of position at CA so perhaps they aren't familiar with the energy field. The phone interview was with the hiring manager. It went really well and it was very long (1.5 hours). built a lot of rapport, talked broadly about their eco-products, and talked about skills. In-person interview was also long - totalled about 4 hours. Talked more with the hiring manager, also spoke with 3 others via telepresence, which was weird walking to a camera and looking at the screen. They asked a range of technical questions and personality questions. What type of collaboration had I done? Work style, where I want to be in 5, 10 years. Lots of energy questions, as they are building new eco software to estimate energy and carbon savings. I thought it went well. In the end, I was informed by the recruiter that they were looking for someone with more "policy" background and that was it. Disappointing since I know I had the right skills and I thought the hiring manager really liked me. I asked for more feedback but my email was never returned. Ultimately I don't know of CA was a good environment for me. Too corporate. Too many layers of VPs, product managers, etc. I worried I'd just work like crazy and no one would notice.

Interview Questions

• What work environment do you prefer? Or what is your work style?   1 Answer
  • Lots of questions about how to visualize or improve their eco products.   1 Answer