CA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CA Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY).

Interview

Very professional spoke with recruiter/manager via phone first to talk about the position and get a feel for it and if it was a fit for both of us, spoke with the main Manager then several other managers in person for an interview and panel. They were great communicators and reached out in a timely manner to whether I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions about my experience and how I handle certain things and what my goals were etc... They were friendly but at the same time to the point and clear about the position and what they were looking for in a candidate.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

In the past year, I was approached not once, but thrice for a job opportunity in User Experience area.

History repeated itself in following terms:
    - Recruitment team never called after scheduling a 30-minute slot (wasting time multiple instances)
    - Interviewing stretched for months, with plenty of rescheduling hiccups.
    - After everyone liked the things I had done and after verbally confirming the offer, they stopped, saying they ran out of budget. Every single time! This just demonstrates the incompetence of the management and their visibility, not to say unprofessionalism.
    - All three times, I was not updated by the hiring manager. They chose to tell it to a close friend of mine, who is employed there, and is helpless about the bad experience.

There are many anecdotes I would like to add, but it's too much of details; I can't as I'm done investing time on CA Technologies, even for this review purpose.

I avoid writing these things, but I gathered enough motivation to do it, just with the hope that some prospect employees are well-prepared. I would have liked to add this as Company review, but Glassdoor doesn't allow me, as I am neither a current employee nor a former one.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions related to UX, portfolio review, etc.

Jan-Feb 2015, Apr-May 2015, and Jan 2016
      Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Online interview process through a web portal. On-screen questions where I could re-record my answers as many times as I wished. There were ten questions which were mainly personal questions having to do with strengths/weaknesses, if I would be willing to travel for training, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment outside of Computer Science?   1 Answer

Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter, then manager on-site. Great interview with manager went well!

Company is very professional and they reply in a timely manner.

The recruiter was helpful throughout the process as well as the manager who was very open to reaching out if there was any questions or concerns.

Research Aide () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Stony Brook, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a written exam about knowledge of Java, design patterns, JSON. Then there was a brief interview with the hiring manager. It was more of a behavioral interview. He was very friendly and easy going. I answered a few questions and got hired right on the spot. It was my first software engineering internship out of school so I was very excited!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Came in and asked the normal interview questions nothing out of the blue. I interviewed with the director and Senior IT Analyst. Business casual would be an appropriate interview attire for an internship. As far as coming in for the interview I parked in the parking lot next to the building and went to the receptionist floor.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weaknesses etc... Also asked a few behavioral what if questions. Not to many technical questions.   1 Answer

Interview

he board will then begin asking you a series of questions to assess your knowledge, abilities and personal suitability. These may include:

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?
      What is your greatest failure, and what did you learn from it?
      What irritates you about other people, and how do you deal with it?
      If I were your supervisor and asked you to do something that you disagreed with, what would you do?
      What was the most difficult period in your life, and how did you deal with it?
      Give me an example of a time you did something wrong. How did you handle it?
      What irritates you about other people, and how do you deal with it?
      Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict on the job.
      If you were at a business lunch and you ordered a rare steak and they brought it to you well done, what would you do?
      If you found out your company was doing something against the law, like fraud, what would you do?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Easy.Consisted of 4 rounds.
    Written section testing aptitude,reasoning,computer language basics.
    Tech interview for 30 mins. Basic programming questions like printing primes in reverse order, designing a database for a website.
    Branding interview.
    Final HR interview.

Tech Support Manager Interview

Interview

several phone interviews happened over several weeks. Some of the phone interviews were with multiple people from the company. Never had any interviews that were in person, found that sort of odd.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with tech support in large company   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I started off as an intern, so my interview process was more an internal discussion with my manager to determine whether I was interested. During the internship interview, I was asked the standard stuff about why I would want to work for CA, what I could bring to the table, and given a basic programming test to ensure that I could code Java.