CA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

Cloud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick turn around by Principal Engineer for interview. Interviewer was probing the extents of knowledge around cloud computing. Spoke about openstack pods, cloud foundry, and yaml. The discussion went on for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• if you have set java -mx to 2GB why does linux show the process taking 4GB memory.   1 Answer

API Product Evangelist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Disappointment is the first word that comes into my mind when I think about this company interview process. I was approached by CA Technologies recruiter and I have shared my resume and details with the recruiter. I even shared my availability with the recruiter and he sent me a interview or initial screening interview which I have accepted.

I was waiting for the call on the day of the interview and the interviewer neither called me nor left me any message. This shows how they care about the prospective employees and the standards they have set to schedule interviews. I do not have blame the whole company for this horrible experience. It is absolutely fine for the interviewer to reschedule the interview for some urgent reasons. But recruiter not even interested to respond to my email although he missed the interview schedule or not confirmed the schedule.

I would never recommend working with such hiring managers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Tampa, FL).

Interview

This company has a recruiter. I was contacted within 3 days and was scheduled for a Phone interview. Then was scheduled for an in person interview. Hired within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the position to help the company succeed.
      What does a good Company Culture mean to me
      Was i a team-player   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Online interview that is then sent to HR. The recruiter kept sending emails like "your a strong candidate" and "update us with any other interview activity." This sent mixed messages especially when a month later you find out your not advancing.

Rotation Analyst Interview

Interview

First step was video interview. Second step was in person. The in person was with 3 VPs and they are 20 minutes each. Afterwards you speak with current analysts and get a tour of the facility.

HR is practically non responsive. Even with a follow up, I still didn't get a response. I had to check the job management to see that my application was closed from consideration.

Interview was very conversational, no technical questions, just behavioral. All the interviewers are really friendly so it's hard to gauge how well you're doing in the interview.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was one in-person on-site conversational interview with the hiring manager, the following rounds (except the final) were via phone. Each of the interviewers was concise, professional and rather well informed.

Interview Questions

• For the final round, they asked for free consulting.   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online and apply the job, got contacted by HR, submitted some work sample, scheduled two screen interviews with hiring manager and senior manager. Went for onsite interview, waited for about a week, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you face in previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Contacted by in-house recruiter by email after an employee passed along my resume to set up a 15 minute interview by phone. The recruiter was interested in explaining the company and making sure I understood what the role and environment was like. He was complementary of my resume, though perhaps not an obvious fit for the position he was trying to fill, and asked if I would be interested in a different role that was coming up. I indicated that I would. He indicated before going much further with the process, that he wanted to know my salary requirements. A follow up email indicated that the person he forwarded my resume to didn't require further interviews, but would I be interested in being considered for other positions at CA ?

Interview Questions

• Asked questions to determine if my management experience was in line with Agile methodology and whether I had extensive UX experience   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was with a recruiter and then the hiring manager via phone. The next interview was in person. The interview went well, I was told that they were going to make an offer and was given a tentative start date. The offer didn't come. I was given a new tentative start date, which never happened and no offer. I was asked to hang on until things were processed and finalized and that assured that there will be an offer. Two months later, still no offer and when the final conversation happened it was that the client wanted someone with more of a larger corporate background.

Interview Questions

• 1. What makes you different than the other recruiters out there.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out. We spoke about my background and experience. We then spoke about the open position and the type of person who would be a fit. Really nice recruiter on the phone and very open about the company. However follow up is not a strong suit of this company and they move at a snail's pace. I applied to the position a few months ago and still nothing back after initial conversation. Recommend if the candidate is not a fit for the role then at least close have the courtesy to email, call, or even send the system generated generic decline email.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about company?
      Compensation requirements?
      How soon available?
      What makes you successful?
      Describe your sales process?   Answer Question