CA Technologies Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

CA Technologies Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated May 17, 2017

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume after career fair through one of the recruiters who recommended me.
    i got a response a week later for a phone interview, which i did and i had 3 more 30 minute interviews over a 4 week period, got an email and phone call with an offer

Interview Questions

• a problem you encountered that you could not solve? how did you eventually solve it   Answer Question

API Product Evangelist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Disappointment is the first word that comes into my mind when I think about this company interview process. I was approached by CA Technologies recruiter and I have shared my resume and details with the recruiter. I even shared my availability with the recruiter and he sent me a interview or initial screening interview which I have accepted.

I was waiting for the call on the day of the interview and the interviewer neither called me nor left me any message. This shows how they care about the prospective employees and the standards they have set to schedule interviews. I do not have blame the whole company for this horrible experience. It is absolutely fine for the interviewer to reschedule the interview for some urgent reasons. But recruiter not even interested to respond to my email although he missed the interview schedule or not confirmed the schedule.

I would never recommend working with such hiring managers.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was one in-person on-site conversational interview with the hiring manager, the following rounds (except the final) were via phone. Each of the interviewers was concise, professional and rather well informed.

Interview Questions

• For the final round, they asked for free consulting.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online though ca Technologies website. Waited about I week then got contact by CA hr department. They offer a video interview. The question was simple. No techniqual question. More of personality and behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself ? Can you travel to work.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

A string of telephone interviews before I finally got a chance for a personal interaction. Seems like the entire process goes through the entire hierarchy which ends up taking a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and previous experience in the field   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Sample Grouping:
    Navigation: OPM Quality Super User-DCF > Samples > Sample Groups
    Navigate to the Sample groups form
    Click on Sample Groups

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDA (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and scheduled for an interview the next day. The process was straightforward and fairly enjoyable. I was told to expect a call within three weeks, I received an offer within the expected time, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

They read a description of the job title ( it was about a page long) and than asked you to explain what you understand about the position and the FDA overall.

Interview Questions

• Sample Grouping:
      Navigation: OPM Quality Super User-DCF > Samples > Sample Groups
      Navigate to the Sample groups form
      Click on Sample Groups

1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, Met with a first line manager who was personable and very thorough. Meet with the VP for final interview who validated the information that was discussed in the initial interview. Generally, no surprises. Received an offer in 3 weeks from initial phone screen

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was really done as a an email process, would have preferred and in person telecon and in person interview. Received a good view of the company but not the job in particular. Felt like they had already chosen a candidate.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Joined online talent community that sends you jobs that match your resume. Saw a posting I liked and applied online. About 3-4weeks later a recruiter called for a phone screen. This started the process (week #1). The next week (#2) was a phone interview with hiring manager. Next week (#3) two more phone interviews (peer and SVP), then the same the following (#4) week (peer and VP), then a single call the following week (#5) (VP) followed by a face-to-face with hiring manager, afterward I was told they'd like to move forward with me if I was still interested, too. I said yes and an initial offer came later that day. Negotiations were very quick. The recruiter kept in constant contact with me and kept me very well informed during the entire process. I was told up front it would be 4-6 weeks and the recruiter acted as the go between with HR to get questions answered (in the end it was 5 weeks after the initial screening).

Interview Questions

• Name the steps to a successful program/product launch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick (1-2 days). I provided a recent pay stub and filled out background check permissions. Offer came in the next day, I countered, they came back slightly below but still very fair (per other Glassdoor salary reviews). CA said a signing bonus was not possible before starting (to replace a bonus I'd be leaving behind) but they countered with the combination of a smaller spot bonus and RSA grant after starting.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was just a phone call from the hiring manager. He spent about 1 hours and asked about my previous project experience. At the end of the call, he offered me a job.