CA Technologies Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CA Technologies Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.2

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

First contact was from a recruiter to do an initial phone screen. After that a 3-4 hour interview was held on-site with various people from the organization including the person who had previously held the job, which I appreciated because one of my favorite questions to ask is "who had this before and where are they?" After that it was a pretty quick turnaround to the final interview, which was with the direct hiring manager, who was remote, so it was done via video conference. The longest part of the hiring process was the ridiculously involved reference and background check. I think it took close to a month.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall there being any difficult or unexpected questions. Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the base salary because the manager knew I had a bonus at my previous company and my position did not qualify for one here. Also I did not qualify for a raise the next year since I had been there < 12 months. I was told there was no negotiation of vacation time, but in hindsight I wish I had tried harder.

Other Interview Reviews for CA Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied Online
    -2 months later received a phone call from HR to setup a time to speak

Interview Process
    -1. 30min - HR phone screen asking basic questions regarding background and compensation target
    -2. 30min - Phone interview with hiring manager
    -3. 30min - Phone interview with matrix hiring manager
    -4. 30min - Phone interview with manager of hiring manager
    -5. 60min - In person interview with hiring manager
    -6. 60min - In person interview with future co-worker

Offer
    -2 weeks later was emailed an offer followed up with a call from HR
    -open to negotiation but very little room to negotiate with
    -negotiation process lasted 2 weeks
    -final offer signed and started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time or situation that changed the game of your career   Answer Question
    • Why CA Technologies? and what is your 2, 5, 10 year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room left for negotiation. The company follows low 25th percentile for compensation based on market data. Do not expect to receive any base salary close to what the market offers. UNLESS you are going for levels VP and above, these levels are very lucrative and no expenses are spared.

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Many phone interviews, and in person interviews. Since most of the company sits at home offices globally it took some time for the interiview process to unfold. Very positive and engaging senior management which made the interview process a delight.

Interview Questions

• Can you effectively run a global project with virtually with no direct contact with project teams?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you were innovative?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not accomidating

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

The initial interview of 1 hour was not sufficient to cover the diversity and complexity of your organisation and the role requirements. However, I felt we had productive discussions and I had a positive connection with both hiring managers during the interview and with follow-up conversations.

After reading many positive reviews of CA Technologies on glassdoor.com.au whereby "flexible working" benefit was listed by many current and ex-employees, it is disappointing that the hiring manager did not offer the opportunity to discuss options for flexible working hours even though I was the preferred candidate. Although CA is a leader in digital technologies and Agile delivery approaches but it seems management still has the old fashioned disdain mindset of part-time workers rather than truly embracing the changing needs of modern society and employees. Part-time does NOT mean part-brain. There are many talented professional people who require flex work who are ambitious and want career-worthy roles without needing to down-skill. It's a shame that you've chosen not to exploit this talent pool. #BeBoldForChange

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Mumbai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Well structured and organized questionnaire patterns based on multiple parameters
    2. Well timed and punctual - HR organized interviews and interviewers were on-time
    3. Interview panel were very professional and having respect for local cultures